The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Meltzer reckons we could be looking at Ronda vs. Asuka at Wrestlemania. I love that idea. So much better than that Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen idea. Give Ronda the Rumble win, make Asuka the champion, then let Asuka do what she can with Ronda’s athleticism to make the best match possible. She’s carried far worse to passable matches, I reckon she could work wonders with Ronda. Save the Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen match for Summerslam or something. 

• Paid Members

It was good to see Lesnar get involved physically immediately upon the announcement of his next match as opposed to standing beside Heyman while Heyman talks about a main event match that has been announced on wwe.com. I liked that he immediately got in the faces of the other two. The three of them hammering the shit out of each other for eight minutes will do me great. 

The Shield reunion took a bit of a hit this week with Ambrose injury but it'll further Reigns vs Joe and then Ambrose vs Joe when Ambrose is fit to return. 

Booker T is on another planet. I swear, he loses the plot more and more every week. 

Hideo Itami is almost lucky that he's going to 205 live, as Balor, Dallas and Axel made him look about the same size as Rey Mysterio. He's not the worst offender or the first, but jeez does every workrate darling these days have to wear black and just kick, punch and knee people constantly?

I haven't the faintest of interest in the self congratulatory angle at the end of the show, apart from the obvious fact that Elias is great, and I don't know why he gets a lot of the criticism that he does. 

Edited by WeeAl

I doubt Stephanie could keep her ego in check long enough for anyone other than herself benefiting from a Rhonda feud.

Even if Asuka is the opponent she'll probably be background noise and be shunted back down the card afterwards. A McMahon must be the real star dammit.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical prick.

In general though I'm fine with a Women's Rumble match. Not massively excited about it but I'll give it a chance, something different at least.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Angle_fan said:

I still think they'll be missing a trick if they don't have him enter the Rumble as El Vagabundo shortly after his first elimination.

Imagine being the 30th guy that would have got their PPV money but got cut for that jape.

Another pretty big reason i'm not bothered about the "women's" royal rumble is because of the fact that every couple of months for no reason whatsoever they have a divas battle royal on raw or smackdown. Simply just to fill a space. Same as the phase of having tag-team matches week after week. But, i'm kind'a intrigued about the royal rumble as it would be cool to have it run annually which will stop the regular battle royals and it's just nice to have something i actually care about for women - ROYAL RUMBLES! :)

• Paid Members

My only issue is having 2 rumbles on 1 show. I love the rumble but it can ‘sonetimes’ become a chore half way through when everyone’s fucked and tucking in the corner or rest holds step in. As I say, not all the time, just sometimes. Anyway, you can usually bounce back for the last 10 mins so all is well.

Having 2 rumbles regardless of gender on 1 show is overkill for me. I appreciate they have to strike and may struggle to justify having 2 separate dates for each rumble, but that’s purely their (Stephs) fault. There won’t be enough people interested in a female rumble event (unless the rest of the card is stacked) which is a shame as I think it would be a canny spectacle. But if they continue to undermine the women’s division by having Steph towering above the cohort and generally using them as an afterthought, they have only their selves to blame.

2 rumble matches on 1 show is overkill for me. Much like having several Hell in the cells, or cages on 1 shows, dilutes the gimmick for me.

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I read a theory that two Rumbles will work in their favour in the sense that the crowd will be too tired by the end of the men’s Rumble to boo Roman when he wins. Genius.

Hmmm, I think a Smackdown guy will win it as I noticed that the Elimination Chamber is a RAW event this year, I could see Roman earning his title shot that way instead.

• Paid Members

@SupremoHeh, that's a fantastic theory. I'm starting to subscribe to the belief of @air_raid and @Devon Malcolm that Nakamura could win the Rumble. If they have Roman win it again, everyone is just going to boo the shit out of it, and they'd probably want to have a Rumble that isn't full of booing as most have been in recent years.

Plus, Elimination Chamber is the next Raw PPV after the Rumble and you'd imagine Brock won't be defending his title in it, so the main reason to have the match is to determine the number 1 contender for the Universal title. That leaves the Rumble for a Smackdown star to win, and I'm struggling to think of an opponent more ideal for AJ or another match entirely if AJ drops the title before then. The WWE title match will probably be third in the pecking order (at least), so they can afford to take a risk by putting those two together in the title match.

Edited by PunkStep

I largely agree, but they might play the symmetry off - the Rumble this year is in Philly, the site of Roman's first Rumble win and hilarious backlash. Returning to the scene of the crime to replicate it seems like something they'd do - in line with going back to two world titles and restarting the football league.