The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Did you not see their match on Raw, Joe's main roster debut I think? It was brilliant. They had a cracking little brawl. I'd be well up for a full-blown feud between the two.

I didn't - barely watch RAW, to be honest, so I'll check it out. It definitely felt like they were teasing something when they gave them a bit of a staredown, followed by them both going for Samoan Drops on each other at Extreme Rules. Got me thinking they could do a great programme together, and obviously there's the Samoan connection to draw from too. Off the top of my head, could maybe talk of Joe resenting Reigns' family their success when he's had to claw his way from the ground up or something.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

That would work, Joe talking about how he didn't have the Afas and Sikas of the world to give him an easy way in.

Then Sonny Siaki can come along and destroy them both, setting up a triple threat.

• Paid Members

Ever since Heyman started bringing them up before Reigns' first match with Brock, I've wanted them to involve Reigns' family a little more.

On a mad tangent, but back when they were building to Reigns/Triple H, the big question was how you get Reigns over as a face to a hostile argument, and my fantasy booking was that you focus more on making people hate Triple H than on forcing them to like Reigns. I would have had Vince on TV more often, aligned with Triple H, basically talking down Reigns' family all the time - bring up that, the entire time the WWF has existed, a member of Reigns' family has worked there, with Vince basically saying that he owns Reigns' family and if Reigns wants to earn a living, or his cousins, daughters, nieces and nephews to ever earn a living in this business again, he has to play ball with The Authority. Have Vince say that he took pride in breaking Reigns' family - that he took two proud Samoan warriors in Afa and Sika and made them wear bones through their noses and act like animals, that he took a man like Rikishi and turned him into a dancing joke, dressed Rosey up as a Superhero In Training, and all the rest of it. Even trot out members of the family to either humiliate or beat them up on RAW.

Woah woah woah wait a minute ^^^^^^^^ What you're wanting is some kind of pro wrestling show. Don't you know the times have changed? People don't want professional wrestling anymore, they want plain wrestling matches with regular looking guys. That's what everyone wants, the other 7 million people in America that watched wrestling 15 years ago all watch it on their phones and tablets now, fake fighting with regular people that's what they want not this pro wrestling stuff with stories and soap opera and characters and such.

30 minute fake fights! That's what the millions watching on their phones and tablets want. That's what Triple H said so it must be true.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Ever since Heyman started bringing them up before Reigns' first match with Brock, I've wanted them to involve Reigns' family a little more.

On a mad tangent, but back when they were building to Reigns/Triple H, the big question was how you get Reigns over as a face to a hostile argument, and my fantasy booking was that you focus more on making people hate Triple H than on forcing them to like Reigns. I would have had Vince on TV more often, aligned with Triple H, basically talking down Reigns' family all the time - bring up that, the entire time the WWF has existed, a member of Reigns' family has worked there, with Vince basically saying that he owns Reigns' family and if Reigns wants to earn a living, or his cousins, daughters, nieces and nephews to ever earn a living in this business again, he has to play ball with The Authority. Have Vince say that he took pride in breaking Reigns' family - that he took two proud Samoan warriors in Afa and Sika and made them wear bones through their noses and act like animals, that he took a man like Rikishi and turned him into a dancing joke, dressed Rosey up as a Superhero In Training, and all the rest of it. Even trot out members of the family to either humiliate or beat them up on RAW.

They actually did something like this when he won the belt off Sheamus on a Raw in late 2015.

Surprise Vince comeback, big promo about putting bones through his family's noses, spear to Vince and Roman winning went over like a dream, in Chicago of all places! 

Then the Royal Rumble happened, Reigns spends half of the "one vs. all" match stretchered out to the back, and he's never got the same reaction since. 

That Joe/Heyman segment was a beauty. I hope Lesnar is in proper BROCK SMASH mode next week. A big pull apart brawl like the one Brock had with Taker would be a real treat. 

Personally I don't look at Joe like that, I see him as a Mark Hunt type, somebody who aint ripped, but would certainly rip your head off. In my mind, if you asked me who can legitimately take on Brock on this roster, the first answer without thinking about it would be Joe. He is thick, a whole load of beef on that man.

That first face to face has to be something big, like the headbutt Joe suffered from Angle but this time it's Joe's doing the nutting. Any backing away and like a dog I'm pissing all over my living room in frustration.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Personally I don't look at Joe like that, I see him as a Mark Hunt type, somebody who aint ripped, but would certainly rip your head off. In my mind, if you asked me who can legitimately take on Brock on this roster, the first answer without thinking about it would be Joe. He is thick, a whole load of beef on that man.

Absolutely. I keep saying it, but UFC has taught people that you don't need to be a musclebound 6'6" freak to win a fight - someone who looks like Joe, booked well, comes across as far more of a threat now than he ever would have done 10-15 years ago.

They need to keep making him look strong, keep having him carry himself and cut promos in such a way that sound more like a legitimate fighter than a pro-wrestler, and present him as at least being in with a chance against Lesnar, and people will buy it. Brock Lesnar is taken seriously to such an extent that even the smarkiest of fans, and the "you know it's all fake, right?"-iest of fans' Dads immediately see a wrestler as more credible if they can hold their own against Lesnar, even in a worked match. He's the epitome of the old Johnny Valentine adage; "I might not be able to convince you wrestling's real, but I sure as hell can convince you that I am". Letting even some of that rub off on Joe would be great.

7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Absolutely. I keep saying it, but UFC has taught people that you don't need to be a musclebound 6'6" freak to win a fight - someone who looks like Joe, booked well, comes across as far more of a threat now than he ever would have done 10-15 years ago.

They need to keep making him look strong, keep having him carry himself and cut promos in such a way that sound more like a legitimate fighter than a pro-wrestler, and present him as at least being in with a chance against Lesnar, and people will buy it. Brock Lesnar is taken seriously to such an extent that even the smarkiest of fans, and the "you know it's all fake, right?"-iest of fans' Dads immediately see a wrestler as more credible if they can hold their own against Lesnar, even in a worked match. He's the epitome of the old Johnny Valentine adage; "I might not be able to convince you wrestling's real, but I sure as hell can convince you that I am". Letting even some of that rub off on Joe would be great.

The use of the Johnny Valentine quote is awesome, props to you for using that rare classic quote. It's one of my favourite things a wrestler has ever said.