The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Your missing the vital part out though the line was "The one time of the year Raw and Smackdown Compete AGAINST each other"

Which whilst still not technically true as they do so in the royal rumble match but it's the only show where it is Raw vs Smackdown 

Apart from when it happens at Mania. Or Crown Jewel a few days ago. And Evolution unless battle royals/girls don't count.

I don't see the worth in complaining on a wrestling forum of all places when people - disenfranchised in Raw, yes, but still invested in a world they love - want the product to strive for more consistency. That particular bent of contrarianism is so wearisome. We get it. You've smartened up to the fact that wrestling is scummy shit of no virtue that appeals to sad acts and children, and don't care that much anymore. Have some medals. 

21 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I don't see the worth in complaining on a wrestling forum of all places when people - disenfranchised in Raw, yes, but still invested in a world they love - want the product to strive for more consistency. That particular bent of contrarianism is so wearisome. We get it. You've smartened up to the fact that wrestling is scummy shit of no virtue that appeals to sad acts and children, and don't care that much anymore. Have some medals. 

That's not the case at all though, personally I'm saying to just enjoy it for what it is, like we used to do in the old days.

40 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Apart from when it happens at Mania. Or Crown Jewel a few days ago. And Evolution unless battle royals/girls don't count.

Again though at Crown Jewel it was just one match that was a final of the tournament, same with Battle Royals as I said about the Rumble it technically is Raw vs Smackdown but not in the same sense as Red shirts vs Blue Shirts as the whole of Survivor Series is billed as where they keep score of what brand wins each match

As I said Survivor Series is the one night of the year where Smackdown and Raw as brands compete against each other

• Paid Members

This debate started from what was largely a throwaway, humourous comment from @Ambulance Chaser about consistency. I take some of @David‘s points on board, but what’s wrong with asking for a TV to show some consistency? I don’t think that particular Brawn example was the best, but keeping with the Brawn theme he recently went from smashing through people left right and centre on his own to turning into something of a schmuck aliginging himself for two other heels. That would have been a better example to pinpoint (though AC was of course talking about this week’s show).

I wouldn’t say Raw is something that people have been needlessly nit-picking - there’s a fine line to be drawn between discussion/casual observations and nit-picking. This is also a discussion forum at heart - if we can’t discuss some of things that puzzle us when it comes to booking decisons/creative directions then we may as well shut down on-topic altogether. 

As the majority of posters on here have acknowledged, WWE can, and does, still produce some great quality content. Now some people think that only happens once in a while, others enjoy more aspects about their product than most and enjoy different elements each week as opposed to just once a month (or once a year if you just pop in for something like Wrestlemania). Nothing wrong with that, each to their own. It doesn’t mean that if they watch every week and pick it apart they have a bearded neck, and if you choose not to watch every week because it isn’t your cup of tea then fine, it doesn’t mean they don’t care/have a holier than thou attitude.

My criticisms are mainly reserved for Raw most weeks - Smackers has been great,  NXT is fantastic, as are the company’s general production values, original specials, etc. The quality of the actual wrestling itself is better than it probably ever has been. And I think for the vast majority, THAT is the most frustrating thing - they have all these incredible tools at their disposal and we just want to see them utilised on a more regilar basis with just a tad more logic (within wrestling’s maddening confines) thrown into their planning. It isn’t just about wanting to see your favourites win/be booked to win because that’s always subjective. But at least TRY and maintain some sense of order and logic every once in a while, I think that’s all people ask.

Now, in an effort to get this thread back on track -

AFB334D8-83F1-426E-A450-1A0CBEEF873D.thumb.jpeg.9f23ae4d55726e7b8896f4e82c41a194.jpeg

• Paid Members

I thought that Ronda Rousey promo was total shite. The content was muddled, her delivery is shocking, and her facial expressions are something from Joey's soap opera acting classes. I was looking for a hole in her pants in case she decided to start plucking for some tears when she was talking about her mum.

Clearly she's been way ahead of what most people reasonably expected of her in the ring so far, that Wrestlemania match was a miracle mostly for her. But christ, don't let her near a microphone until she's practiced in the mirror for at least another two years.

• Paid Members

I wonder if Alexa being put into a prominent non-wrestling role leading into Survivor Series is indicative of her physical health. It feels like she's getting injured a lot recently. One thing is for certain though - she'd make for a far better GM than Baron Corbin. Having two female GMs would probably be something they'd pat themselves on the back over, too.

I think they're going to live to regret acknowledging the real life relationship of Dean Ambrose and Renee Young. I can't fathom why they thought it was necessary but now they've painted themselves into a corner where Renee is going to have to constantly try and explain why she's still married to this horrible man doing dastardly things. I give it a month before they realise their mistake and just brush it under the carpet entirely.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

It isn’t just about wanting to see your favourites win/be booked to win because that’s always subjective. But at least TRY and maintain some sense of order and logic every once in a while, I think that’s all people ask.

That definitely isn't all people ask. There are way more moans about wrestling being boring and favourites not winning than there are about consistency. Watch out for the tear-filled posts if, at Survivor Series, they finally start booking Rousey properly and have her smash her opponent in thirty seconds - and that's just on here, a place more reasonable than most.

12 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

This debate started from what was largely a throwaway, humourous comment from @Ambulance Chaser about consistency. I take some of @David‘s points on board, but what’s wrong with asking for a TV to show some consistency?

There's nothing wrong with asking for some consistency, at all. There's something wrong with expecting it from a fucking wrestling television show.

Anyway, I've made this shitty thread a bit more relevant again, so my work here looks to be done. Anywhere else needing my attention?

• Paid Members

So by my count this is Nia’s fourth turn this year. She started as a heel, then became a face by default when Mickie and Alexa started bullying her for being fat, then she had that phantom heel turn during the Ronda feud where she suddenly switched from Ronda’s giggly pal into a cocky dick overnight, then Alexa cashing in on her turned her back face, and now this.

Surely this is some type of record?