The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Wrestling is just a habbit though right for a lot of us. I certainly end Monday watching the first hour or so of Raw, then getting up in the morning and watching the rest/highlights/reports depending on my enjoyment of the show. I can't say I have enjoyed much WWE programming this year, but still do this every week

• Paid Members

I just read the Bleacher Report every Tuesday and Wednesday first thing in the morning while I'm still trying to find the hole in my face where coffee goes into.

I don't really watch WWE anymore unless I see on Facebook, Bleacher Report or one of you cunts on here say that something wonderous has happened. Like Bray Wyatt at Summerslam. That made me so happy to see. And it's all gik again.

I love an oul Tanaka/Awesome match though.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

WWE has no issues with in-ring quality. It's the general stale presentation and booking that are the problematic areas.

Without those, though, it's just gymnastics. Watching AEW and NJPW has really made me realise how stale I'd found WWE before I stopped watching. Wrestling needs good presentation and booking to be exciting.

32 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Without those, though, it's just gymnastics. Watching AEW and NJPW has really made me realise how stale I'd found WWE before I stopped watching. Wrestling needs good presentation and booking to be exciting.

Depends what you look for though.

I've dipped in and out of some indy stuff and NJPW over the years and rarely have any idea of the storylines etc, but the matches themselves have been enjoyable.

Admittedly regular fans would enjoy the product on a totally different level, but I'd still say it's possible to have some appreciation of good matches without a full understanding of the context.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Depends what you look for though.

I've dipped in and out of some indy stuff and NJPW over the years and rarely have any idea of the storylines etc, but the matches themselves have been enjoyable.

Admittedly regular fans would enjoy the product on a totally different level, but I'd still say it's possible to have some appreciation of good matches without a full understanding of the context.

Fair point, especially if it's the first time you've watched, although there's still a presentation point in there. I meant more in a sustained way. I can enjoy gymnastics as a one-off, but I might not get invested.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, tiger_rick said:

Viking Raiders. Being generous, they might not have actually being designated as anything but last week the jobbers went heel to try and get them any sort of reaction. either way, cold as fuck.

They haven't been portrayed as heels at any time since their main roster call up. They are a big guy face team that does big power moves to get the fans to like them. 

Edited by FUM

5 minutes ago, FUM said:

They haven't been portrayed as heels at any time since their main roster call up, have they? 

Haven’t they been heels for the last couple of months? 

I remember them working as heels against The New Day at one point a few months back and ever since then it’s just been squash matches against jobbers.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Leaving aside the jobber squashes, they:

• worked against Hawkins & Ryder and the Lucha House Party at the beginning of their main roster tenure
  • teamed with The Revival in 8-mans on a couple of occasions
  • went against the New Day
  • teamed with Samoa Joe against the New Day in a 6-man

I certainly thought they’d been primarily positioned as heels until the last couple of weeks.

18 hours ago, TheToeSucker said:

I wasn't being fully serious. It's just habit, I've watched it for years, it's kind of what I do every Tuesday.

I mean, I've had weeks where I've not particularly enjoyed Raw, and thought it wasn't a great show, but if you're at the stage where you dislike it every week, can't get excited about it, hate the wrestling on the show, find it stale and feel the need to express how poor you find it online, you're probably at the stage where you shouldn't watch.

There must be something else on, or something else to do on a Tuesday that you'd enjoy more.

23 hours ago, TheToeSucker said:

a friend of mine stopped watching WWE because "it's not a sport" but when I recommended her NJPW because I know she'd like it, she doesn't bother.

If her reason for not watching WWE was that it’s not in Japan, NJPW would be a decent solution.

If her reason for not watching WWE is that it’s not a sport, NJPW is a stupid solution.