The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Awards Moderator

That's the trouble with fans attending WWE events these days, just because they've paid for a ticket they think it entitles them to make an arse of themselves on TV and boo the fuck out of talent and fuck up the atmosphere of the show for everyone else watching.

Paying for a ticket entitles fans to cheer whoever they wish. WWE has spent years drilling that into everyone to cover for the Cena backlash.

If they get in for free or are paid to be part of the show then they should follow the script like a studio audience, but paying for a ticket gives them the right to react however they want.

Some fans may be bored of nostalgia acts and want to see current stars, which is totally fair. Goldberg has been away for a while as well, so it is reasonable to assume they weren't all fans when he was at his peak. What emotional attachment should a 20 year old have to the Goldberg character? What attachment should someone who never watched WCW have with that character? Why should they cheer him? What reason is there to cheer him other than it is what they are supposed to do?

This is only one example, but some friends of friends of mine have a son who's about 8 or 9 and big into his wrestling. He likes Roman Reigns, John Cena and Jeff Hardy (he watches Impact every week on Challenge). His parents would bring him along to play rehearsals that I was also involved in, and he'd tell me all about wrestling and stuff he'd seen on the Network. One week he was bursting with excitement to tell me about this guy he'd seen who could Spear anyone he wanted "and he lifted Big Show right up over his head! He's called Goldberg, have you heard of him?!" Goldberg is now one of his favourites too.

Anyway, my point is, show a little bit of Goldberg to the people who've never seen him, and chances are they'll react similarly!

Good idea, but the trouble is Raw will pick Mojo Rawley instead of John Cena and it won't make logical sense, like the NXT picks.

Might not be true anyway, haven't seen it on any if the real news websites yet.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

Something at stake is a start, but the red shirt wrestlers fighting the blue shirt wrestlers with the reward being more guys to be competition on their show, still makes no real sense.

• Paid Members

It'd be something daft like the Sheamus/Cesaro team starting to pick up steam just in time for one of them to get drafted to Smackdown.