The Preston City Wrestling Thread

. . . the fact this was filmed probably helped Fludder as that kid could turn around and say that he was beaten up by them, but the film shows he gave the DVDs over willingly.

Aran, at any point reading the last few pages of this thread, have you considered that it's possible your boss/pal has been a total twat, and it's maybe prudent not to get involved in this? Very humble and loyal of you etc, but really, do you believe in everything you have said, particularly the line above?

"he gave the DVD's over willingly" - yeah, he was under no pressure or duress whatsoever.

Edited by Ant

• Paid Members

Can I just point out that Fludder didnt know who the Person copying the dvds was before he answered the door so its not like he went out to bully a kid.

Also the fact this was filmed probably helped Fludder as that kid could turn around and say that he was beaten up by them, but the film shows he gave the DVDs over willingly.

I personally agree with going round for a word and filming as it could now persuade other potential pirates thats its affecting a real person as he clearly hadnt thought about that before he did it.

The knock on affect that people cant see is that if people arent buying from PCW then Fluidder might stop making DVDs or at ther very least cut back on the production costs and then people (Like myself) will be the first to go, So is it fair that I lose a gig because some kid fancies making a couple of quid? 

Whatever you think of Fludder as a person its not right to make profit on something that you have had no hand in creating. Its easy when you can't see how it affects people but this Kid sees that now and has apologised.

Quite simple, you go through the proper legal channels like any other promoter, you don't go after someone breaking the law...by breaking the law and leaving a very sour taste in people's mouths i.e promoters, punters etc.

Whatever you think of Fludder as a person its not right to make a profit on something you have had no hand in creating.

Oh lord..

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Also the fact this was filmed probably helped Fludder as that kid could turn around and say that he was beaten up by them, but the film shows he gave the DVDs over willingly.

After being told "You're lucky you're not getting fucked up" I wouldn't say he did anything "willingly".

• Paid Members

Why did Chris Masters agree to this? Surely that's the most depressing part of this whole exercise in shitarsery?

Skint probably, I hark back to the time where Triple H took the piss out of him on live on TV one time.

• Paid Members

He's a wrestler. They're not all the brightest sparks and they often have a rough moral compass. In fairness to Masters, as cunty as this is, it's not exactly killing a prozzy or slicing up a rookie's head.

I'd imagine he was asked if he fancied going around and putting the frighteners on a DVD pirate and thought it would be a laugh.

I actually think Aran's reasoning that he filmed it in case the kid told the police he'd got roughed up would be reasonable. Except why put it on the internet? Clearly because he thinks he's a big man and this will either make him more popular with some fucktards or teach people a lesson. Do we know if the kid had ever sold a copy or did he just have them on a list? When I used to be into trading I had thousands of DVD's on my list. 90% of them I never made a copy because no-one gave a shit.

Bit worried about my footy DVD website after all this. Scared to open the door in case it's Jim Rosenthal and Neil Ruddock.

Whatever you think of Fludder as a person its not right to make profit on something that you have had no hand in creating.

I know, it's disgusting. Mind you, BritWres is full of cunts doing exactly that. Look at this shower of shite making profit on things that WWE created and own: 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgB-JN4ualk

Someone should knock on and bully the thieving bell-end who ran that show.

Edited by King Pitcos

I saw this the other day and I find it hard to understand what Steven Fludder/PCW as a whole thought they could gain from this?  It's shot like one of those 'We are Baillifs' shows that are on BBC 1 in the late morning/early afternoon slot.  Except in this case instead of court appointed officals going to see a a guy who owes a low income family some much needed money, you have a wrestling promoter and his wrestler buddy going round to the house of a guy who looks about 15 because he's been copying and selling on copyrighted material.  Something that the promoter in question is guilty of himself. 

It's hypocritical at best and downright intimidation and harassment at worst.

Its one of those things that seems to happen in wrestling all the time. The promoter gets a bit of praise, so he thinks he's got this legion of blind sheep who will allow him to get away with whatever he tries to do to come off as billy big bollocks. Whether its Alex Shane paying people to not deliver a ring or Eric Bischoff walking around in a leather jacket telling people not to speak to him in a lift, there's this trend from top to bottom of people who get sucked into this make believe world and forget that this is real life. But its not. Going to peoples houses and threatening them and FILMING THEM as you push your flappy he-tits out and act like your Phil Mitchell in a pink shirt is not alright. Far from it actually. You dont do shit like that in real life. How anyone can look at that video and defend it is beyond me. Its vile. Bullying from a fat lad who likes wrestling, which tells me the only thing he's pushed around in his life is the dinner trolley.

I've said all I have to say a few pages back, but just wanted to add this excellent paragraph sums it up for me. Really good post. This shit isn't acceptable in real life. Only shitarse promoters and their sheep could ever condone this.

Imagine Road Warrior Hawk knocking on Brian Dixon's door in 1992 when the WWF 'tribute shows' were at their zenith?!

The funny thing is I read/heard that the British LOD guys (Johnny South and Ricky Knight) and the "real" LOD met somewhere like Germany and hit it off, no issues with anyone whatsoever. I'm sure someone like Ricky Knight can confirm if this is a fairytale or accurate.