1435 replies to this topic

#1 Big Benny HG

Big Benny HG

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:39

With no thread on here for upcoming shows, plenty of stuff getting announced several shows ahead and seemingly a fairly strong following for the promotion amongst UKFF members, I thought a more general event/discussion/review thread for upcoming PCW events mght be in order for those of us wishing to discuss.

Over the next few months we have:

This Friday, 2 August 2013, at Rumes Nightclub, Preston:

Too Good To Be Two - 2nd Anniversary Event
PCW Heavyweight Title - 60-minute Iron Man Match:
Doug Williams vs. El Ligero (replacing injured Noam Dar)

PCW Tag Team Titles:
Team Single (T-Bone & Rampage Brown) vs. Dave Mastiff & Johnny Moss

PCW Cruiserweight Title:
Dave Rayne vs. ???

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:
Dean Allmark vs. Bubblegum vs. Kris Travis vs. Martin Kirby vs. CJ Banks vs. Joey Hayes

Mad Man Manson vs. Danny Hope

Then, it's on to:

Final Fight (Friday 11th October 2013)
Ultimo Dragon & Dean Allmark vs. Project Lucha (El Ligero & Martin Kirby)

'The Pope' Elijah Burke vs. Bubblegum

Plus Davey Richards, Michael Elgin and Brian Cage

Fright Night - Part 2 (Thursday 31st October 2013)
Coronation Street-fight (weapons legal only if come dressed as a Coronation Street character):
Bubblegum vs. Keith Myatt

Supershow 3 Weekender (Fri 15th & Sat 16th November 2013)
Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs. Dean Allmark

Chris Masters vs. Kris Travis

Plus Hardcore Holly, Kevin Steen, Amazing Kong and Uhaa Nation

Other dates announced:
Festive Fury 3 (6 Dec 2013)
Who Dares Wins (Jan 2014)
Road to Glory 3 (28 Feb & 1 Mar 2014)
28 Mar 2014
Spring Slam (25 Apr 2014)
Supershow Weekend (30 & 31 May 2014)
3rd Anniversary (1 Aug 2014)
27 Sep 2014
31 Oct 2014
Supershow Weekend (28 & 29 November 2014)

I'm really looking forward to this Friday, given that it's just over 2 months since the last PCW show (the fantastic Supershow 2 weekend). Shame Noam can't make the date with Doug, but adding El Ligero to the Iron Man match gives it a completely different dimension to the match Dar vs. Doug would have been.

The tag title bout is 4 big, solid dudes smacking ten bells out of each other. The opening stages of the 4-way last time, where Brown, Moss, Mastiff and Chris Masters went absolutely all-out were just fantastic. Should be great.

The 6-way is PCW's now-regular annual MITB effort, but the temporary change in venue to Rumes (usual haunt LavaIgnite is being refurbished to become Evoque), with greater ceiling height, means it's the first one that can actualy be a ladder match. I'm expecting great things from this one, possibly more than anything else on the card. The series of matches on the last weekender involving various combinations of these guys (Travis vs. Ligero vs. Hayes vs. Kirby on Night One, then Kirby vs. Hayes and Travis vs. Ligero on the afternoon of Day Two) were all excellent, and Banks and 'Gum fit right in there too. It's going to be insane - possibly one of the best matches PCW has put on to date.

Edited by Big Benny HG, 01 July 2014 - 20:23.

#2 windoesnot

windoesnot

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:50

More importantly, are we meeting in the usual establishment before the show?

#3 Big Benny HG

Big Benny HG

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:55

I believe there was talk of giving The Old Bull a try...

If only for Sega Rally.

#4 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:59

Over the next few months we have:

This Friday, 2 August 2013, at Rumes Nightclub, Preston:

Too Good To Be Two - 2nd Anniversary Event
PCW Heavyweight Title - 60-minute Iron Man Match:
Doug Williams vs. El Ligero (replacing injured Noam Dar)

PCW Tag Team Titles:
Team Single (T-Bone & Rampage Brown) vs. Dave Mastiff & Johnny Moss

PCW Cruiserweight Title:
Dave Rayne vs. ???

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:
Dean Allmark vs. Bubblegum vs. Kris Travis vs. Martin Kirby vs. CJ Banks vs. Joey Hayes

Mad Man Manson vs. Danny Hope

I'm really looking forward to this Friday, given that it's just over 2 months since the last PCW show (the fantastic Supershow 2 weekend). Shame Noam can't make the date with Doug, but adding El Ligero to the Iron Man match gives it a completely different dimension to the match Dar vs. Doug would have been.

The tag title bout is 4 big, solid dudes smacking ten bells out of each other. The opening stages of the 4-way last time, where Brown, Moss, Mastiff and Chris Masters went absolutely all-out were just fantastic. Should be great.

The 6-way is PCW's now-regular annual MITB effort, but the temporary change in venue to Rumes (usual haunt LavaIgnite is being refurbished to become Evoque), with greater ceiling height, means it's the first one that can actualy be a ladder match. I'm expecting great things from this one, possibly more than anything else on the card. The series of matches on the last weekender involving various combinations of these guys (Travis vs. Ligero vs. Hayes vs. Kirby on Night One, then Kirby vs. Hayes and Travis vs. Ligero on the afternoon of Day Two) were all excellent, and Banks and 'Gum fit right in there too. It's going to be insane - possibly one of the best matches PCW has put on to date.

Friday should be good! I'm glad it's Ligs vs Williams, rather than Noam. It will will be different. I like Noam, but am indifferent about Doug (not seen enough of his work if honest) and thought that the main may bore me senseless (I'm not a big fan of 'hour matches' in general) and was considering giving the show a miss. I know right, massive wrestling snob, but I wasn't feeling the match, and an hour of Noam/Doug, just wasn't for me.

Then the under card happened. Helllllo! Back in the game. The Ladder match is probably going to be MOTN and considering who's involved maybe MOTYC stuff. The last two have been phenomenal I think they are both on Youtube, as you've said Benny, is the one I'm most looking forward to.

The Tag Team is going to be war! and should be great stuff.

I'm guessing Dave will face, someone returning, or perhaps a new face to PCW? Having a mental block on this one even though should be straight forward to deduce who is available. Dave, rubs everyone up the wrong way so could see could see Zack/ Bailey/ Lionheart amongst others turn up for this. Robbie-X would be a nice touch, mind

And despite Twinn's misgivings on Manson (he's miles wrong on that!) Tassles vs Mental will be hilarity, even if has movez. It doesnt need them.

Rumes has a Balcony, and with the new entrance set up will be a different vibe. It shouldnt be like the soujorn to 53 Degrees which was a crap venue for a myriad of reasons

Evoque from what I understand will have the same lighting rig, but no chandlier drapes, So isnt going to have a massive change of height. That came from one of the bar staff and the pictures I've seen of the refit (though the rig had been removed in them). It re opens August 10th, I got a text about the date yesterday.

gfxgen_20140916_metroslums.png

#5 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:01

AS per Benny. The Old Bull, has been mentioned for Sega Rally 2 Standee and Pirates of the Carribean Pinball. I'm happy with either and am sure the lack of the Welly Buster Burger will not be greatly appreciated in some quarters.

Plus can twat everyone on Donkey Kong, er, again :)

#6 cleslie92

cleslie92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:11

Am I the only one that's concerned about Bubblegum being booked in a ladder match? He's only just come back from potentially career ending surgery, and mentioned to me that he may have hurt his knee again at the last show by coming back too early.

Answering The Ten Count podcast - comedy wrestling podcast, taking a less than serious look at WWE, TNA and all the other happenings in pro wrestling.

Twitter: @cleslie92

This poop just ain't fun anymore.

#7 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:33

Am I the only one that's concerned about Bubblegum being booked in a ladder match? He's only just come back from potentially career ending surgery, and mentioned to me that he may have hurt his knee again at the last show by coming back too early.

Bubs is in a cage vs CJ the following week for Inifinite, so assuming is good for it

In other vague PCW news Shaun 'The Hammer' Davis, returned for a BWP rumble the other week by all accounts. Just a one off though going by his FB responses

#8 cobystag

cobystag

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 13:29

I'll echo everyone's comments in here of looking forward to Friday. And also be another one to voice that I'm happier with Doug/Ligero. Doug/Noam would have been a great match, don't get me wrong. But that 20 minute draw the other month felt like they were stalling for time and dragging out to the time limit, something which apparently was not a result of Noam's injury as that happened near the end of the bout. Shame that Noam is going to miss out on one of the biggest tests of his career (to work such a lengthy match against a competitor like Doug) for what we all assumed would be his crowning glory moment in winning the PCW Heavyweight belt. But Doug/Ligero intrigues me. If there's any other guy in the UK I'd trust to do a 60 minute match it's Ligero. And by itself it's a big match up. Doug was considered the best wrestler based in England four years running the last time he was full time based in England. Ligero deservedly topped the UKFF 50 the last two years running and I wouldn't be surprised to see a hat trick in three months time ( ;) Hat Guy). Ligero can do the hold for hold chain wrestling that Doug is so well known for. Ligero does have the conditioning to go the distance for the full 60 minutes. But it's where there styles and strengths differ that makes the match up so interesting and so potentially compelling. The Tag Title match should be very meaty indeed. I enjoyed the aforementioned heavyweight four way until the quick eliminations and the final two dragged a bit. So to have two teams of beef clubbing the hell out of each other sounds very good indeed. And the MITB having a ladder this time out should be insane and I have no idea who would win it as you've got two already established main eventers in there and the MITB has been used in the past to really help elevate someone up the card. October is the first show me and my fiancee are doing on her three weeks over here and I'll be interested to see how Lava looks in the first show back. Love the tag match and I'm really hoping for either Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs Mastiff/Moss, or UFM vs Team Single freeing up Mastiff to face Davey. Now that would be incredible.
Posted Image

#9 windoesnot

windoesnot

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 14:02

I believe there was talk of giving The Old Bull a try...

If only for Sega Rally.

Sounds good to me, I shall see you all in there

#10 AshC

AshC

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 14:04

Coronation Street-fight (weapons legal only if come dressed as a Coronation Street character):

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
"Without debate, without criticism, no administration and no country can succeed - and no republic can survive"

#11 dannycoll

dannycoll

Jobber

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 14:55

Hi Guys

Can tickets be purchased at the door ?

Cheers

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#12 WWFChilli

WWFChilli

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:51

These lovely line-up's also guarantee more brilliant ideas for our web show. So it's all good. Fridays show should be phenomenal, the last weekender was great fun.

#13 king_dezeeuw06

king_dezeeuw06

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:23

I also think Ligs vs Doug will be a lot better, I also wasn't wowed by Dar and Dougs first match. Both great talents but for whatever reason it didn't seem to click, so the idea of 60 mins if it didn't click again was a bit worrying. But seeing Doug put in his best match for a long time at Southside last weekend against Haskins, and Ligs being Mr Reliable when it comes to match quality I think this could be a much better fit. I'm hoping we get Davey vs Travis or Mastiff, either would be first time matches and good opponents for Davey. Trav has proven how good he can be against the imports and Mastiff and Davey seem to have unfinished business from the last time Davey was here. Since Cage and Elgin are both on the show it would be a shame to not use them as a team so UFM vs Team Single or Mastiff / Moss would be ideal but I wouldn't be apposed to Project Lucha either. Also surely Trav vs Steen II is a must for the SuperShow, their first match was amazing and after Steen got the win Trav needs the opportunity to get a win back.

Support British Indy Wrestling

#14 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:09

Hi Guys

Cheers

Maybe some, you are best off asking on the PCW page on FB, though I think it's nearly a sell out

#15 apsouthern

apsouthern

In Training

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:17

Hi Guys

Cheers

Just spoke to Fludder and he said there should be a few left on the door if you get there early