The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Partial results

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

April Davids bt Dave Rayne to become Lightweight Champ

Team Single (Rampage/T-Bone) vs Dave Mastiff/ Cyanide

Kris Travis won the MITB

Danny Hope beat Mad Man Manson

Edit Lionheart won the PCW championship at the end of the 60 min ironman match by all accounts, to boos

Joey and Trav fought over MITB case, with Joey coming out victor

Given announced matches, none of the above makes any sense

Edited by patdfb

Really don't understand what on earth they were doing tonight with Lionheart, total shambles at the end of a reasonably solid event over all and bad booking probably thrown together at the last minute coz of his appearance on crap reality TV. Iron man match was superb and really didn't need that at the end. Personally not a fan of the venue but it was dressed up nicely so a solid enough fill in for now. Ladder match was superb and MOTN for me.

Likewise not a fan of the end of tonight's show, but you can't please all the people all the time.

Are we moving to Rumes full-time from now on, then? I hope not, it didn't have the same atmosphere as Lava. The October 11th show was announced as being at Rumes though, and there was a sign outside Lava (or "Evoque", if we must) saying it reopens next weekend... Also, did anyone catch the final name for the November supershow, or did that not happen? I'm sure it was mentioned over the last couple of days that it would be announced tonight.

Throw me in the category of 'atrocious ending to an otherwise very good show'. It was the most bullshit, hotshotty thing i've seen in a long time and left a real sour taste in my mouth after a genuine MOTYC. It wasn't even done well anyway, Lionheart pulling what is essentially an heel move then cutting a nice, babyface promo after it?! No, thanks.

Everything else on the card was good-excellent and i'm really looking forward to the next show despite it being in October. I believe French-Canadian/occasional deathmatch worker/female wrestler LuFisto got announced to. That's a nice addition!

Edited by lightningxlock

Now i know why i don't like 60 minute iron man matches, even though the action was good when they said 20 minutes remaining it felt like Ligero and Doug had done everything.

30 Minute ironman YES! 60 minutes NO!

Missed the Lionheart title win due to burnout from that match. Never got the Travis winning the "cash in the attic" briefcase, surely someone new like Joey Hayes should have got it.

The referee looked like Art Garfunkel, the new commentator was a cross between Macho Man 2000/Hairy biker.

But apart from them gripes it wasn't a bad show. Ladder Match was the best.

I believe Lionheart won the rumble match earlier in the year and the winner got a title shot, since then he has disappeared from PCW.

I actually liked the end with Lionheart, as for months I've been thinking 'why give Lionheart the win in the rumble if he isn't going to be around?' so for him to finally come back and cash it tied it up and it was a good unexpected end. I knew Lionheart was there and didn't for a second think that he would be wrestling, never mind cash in the title shot that everyone forgot he had.

I always think people who effectively have a money in a bank style title shot carry round a briefcase or something and it completely advertise the fact they are going to cash it in, in some instances this is fine, but I like the fact that this was allowed to fade into the background so everyone forgot so when it finally was cashed in that it was a surprise. It was a different way of handling the stipulation.

I'm possibly in the minority, but I like the new venue because it has balconies that overlook the ring. I was upstairs in the balcony for the whole show and had a cracking view.

I thought the show was very enjoyable overall. The MITB match was really good.

The iron man match was great. Doug Williams really is great. Ligero is pretty damn good too.

Everyone worked really hard and the fans more than got their money's worth.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

After a few more days to reflect on the show and my thoughts and looking through some of the pictures I took on the night, I have to say that I do actually think the venue worked as a fill in pretty well but really can't wait to get back to the old one. Still gutted and confused by the ridiculous arrival of Lionheart, was really hoping to have seen the back of him from PCW altogether, seemingly he will now be around all the time again. I was also pleased for April, she has worked really hard the last year or so and its nice to see her getting some recognition for that, also nice not to see any kind of belt being held by Rayne. I do think PCW is in danger of turning into another of those places just using the same guys as Futureshock, especially with Cyanide and Danny Hope now also in the mix there. Has no one got any imagination these days?

I was quite shocked by the Lionheart cash in when I read about it - I was at the April show and they didn't announce that a MITB style title shot was the prize for the winner. They did a same night quick gimmick with Dave Rayne at the last one, but it's strange to not announce that sort of thing.

• Paid Members
After a few more days to reflect on the show and my thoughts and looking through some of the pictures I took on the night, I have to say that I do actually think the venue worked as a fill in pretty well but really can't wait to get back to the old one.

I don't think they're going back to the old venue. On Friday the ring announcer said the next show would also be at Rumes, and on the Saturday Big Benny HG and I were handed a flyer for the new look Lava Ignite (now called Evoke) and from the photos it appears to have screwed down tables and chairs where the ring used to go.

Unbreakable F'N Machines vs. Team Single is announced for Final Fight. It should be pretty interesting seeing UFM against a bigger team. There appeal seems to be in them holding small guys up in the air for a really long time. Now if Bubblegum could sneak into that team, it could have worked out perfectly. The fans would be desperate for them to throw 'Gum around but he'd just hide behind the massive Rampage or T-Bone.

Still, I might have to make my first trip to Preston for this.