The Preston City Wrestling Thread

So far announced:

Lance Storm vs Martin Kirby

Delirious vs Mad Man Manson

ACH vs Mark Andrews

Michael Elgin vs Uhaa Nation

Briscoes vs Team Single

Adam Cole vs Dave Mastiff

Daily announcements are being made on the PCW facebook. Its shaping up nicely!

Edited by Ironic Indie Lad

So far announced:

Lance Storm vs Martin Kirby

Delirious vs Mad Man Manson

ACH vs Mark Andrews

Michael Elgin vs Uhaa Nation

Daily announcements are being made on the PCW facebook. Its shaping up nicely!

Seems that Elgin is having major visa issues at the moment, Last i read he was still stuck in Canada. Could be a problem.

Brought my tickets for Show 4 last night, As a PCW virgin how early should i arrive to get a good standing spot? Im assuming General Admission is standing anyways?

Just announced

1aajHOE.jpg

So far that's

SHOW ONE - Friday Evening

Martin Kirby vs Lance Storm

Mad Man Manson vs Delirious

Dave Mastiff vs Adam Cole

SHOW TWO - Saturday Afternoon
Mark Andrews vs ACH

SHOW THREE - Saturday Evening

Team Single vs The Briscoe Brothers

Martin Kirby vs ACH vs Bobby Fish vs Mark Andrews vs Noam Dar vs Roderick Strong

SHOW FOUR - Sunday Afternoon

Uhaa Nation vs Michael Elgin

Also, for October 31st Fright Night 3

Mad Man Manson & Danny Hope vs Brian Kendrick and Paul London

Mark Andrews vs El Ligero

Zack Gibson vs Charlie Garrett vs Rich Swann vs Mystery Opponent*

*Mystery Opponent is one of the people from the 4 way in September with Martin Kirby, Dean Allmark, Kris Travis and another mystery opponent

Edited by apsouthern

• Paid Members

Bubblegum vs Paul London has been announced for Supershow Of Honor Night One, which has tickled me because to the casual observer it will look like London is "representing" ROH on the night in the PCW v ROH theme, when (timing!) Fin Martin has just published an interview where London sounds less than enamoured with how his relationship with ROH soured last year :

http://www.psmag.co.uk/updates/68/The-Power-Slam-Online-Interview-Paul-London.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Got home about midnight. Random thoughts from Get In The Bloody Ring :

• I was wrong about the mystery entrant in the opener being Drew, and I was glad to be wrong, as Ospreay is a great talent to see up here in one of my more local feds. I'd love to see him and Andrews in the same match, be it as opponents or partners. Ospreay landing on his feet out of the Space Flying Tiger Drop was a sight.
  • Sha's match with Danny was a better paced match than the Manson match last time out which seemed to go on a little too long. Samuels vs Rampage would be fun when Rampage's face turn eventually comes. Shame that Danny has reverted to dispensable, but he's over forever so it doesn't really matter.
  • Ophidian pulled out some really cool stuff in his match with Ligero, regardless of what you think of the hypnosis stuff. Legbar counter of the superkick, Time Machine Roll and a submission hold I couldn't even put a name to, all very nice. Ligero is consistent as fuck.
  • Dave Rayne is my favourite wrestler in the country, end of, and I hope his crack about Good News Garrett missing his train was truth.
  • Team 3D up close in the intimate setting of Evoque was a great experience, even though I've seen them wrestle many times. Having the match be for the titles when this was obviously a one-shot (at least in the immediate short term), I didn't care for, as it killed some suspense for the result, but it was a great match nonetheless.
  • The crowd was still burned out for Dar vs London, and I think London is genuinely carrying an injury. He was mad to attempt that Shooting Star press.
  • Freight Train - don't get it, didn't care. "Being shit" should not be a gimmick.
  • Mastiff vs Joey was exactly what it should be. Thank fuck that "Baby Kangaroo" chant won't catch on. Lame as fuck. Mastiff using a locomotion deadlift German into a powerbomb was a splendid "kill bitches dead" sequence to go home with.
  • Bubblegum vs Kendrick was as good as I hoped/expected it would be. London saving his mate at the end to set up the match with Bubblegum that had already been announced was another bit of that odd retro-booking that I might have bitched about before. I'm sure it doesn't bother anyone else, but if there's going to be a reason for a match to happen in the storyline (rather than just "this is a match we've booked") then I would like to see the reason happen before the match is announced.

RESULTS

(1) Martin Kirby beat Dean Allmark and Will Ospreay, pinning Ospreay after a Fameasser.

(2) Sha Samuels beat Danny Hope by stoppage with a sleeper.

(3) El Ligero pinned Ophidian after the springboard tornado DDT.

(4) Charlie Garrett pinned Dave Rayne after a Spiral Tap.

(5) Team 3D beat Team Single by disqualification (Team Single retain).

(6) Noam Dar pinned Paul London with a small package.

(7) Freight Train pinned Mad Man Manson after a running forearm... umm.... "smash." I guess.

(8) Dave Mastiff pinned Joey Hayes after a powerbomb.

(9) Bubblegum pinned Brian Kendrick after the Pedigree. (retains Cruiserweight title)

Got to say i thought Team 3D got possibly the loudest reaction of any import to come over. Just brilliant seeing them having fun with the crowd especially the use of Yaya/Kolo chant to their names.

But even though obviously it was in the taking photos spot, that is the one match i guess half the people in the room were there for and should have gone on last.

The 3 way, Ligero/Ophidian, Bubblegum/Kendrick were decent but the 2nd half felt a bit flat for me.