The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

some results would be great

Last night :

(1) Joey Hayes beat El Ligero, Charlie Garrett (subs for Noam Dar and Mark Andrews), Dean Allmark, Cedric Alexander & ACH, pinning (IIRC) Ligero stealing the pin after Allmark had hit Shiranui Kai.

(2) Michael Elgin pinned "don't call me Brodus Clay, my name is Tyrus" with a German suplex.

(3) Delirious pinned Mad Man Manson.

(4) Lance Storm pinned Martin Kirby with an O'Connor roll cutback.

(5) Dave Mastiff pinned Adam Cole after the cannonball.

(6) Tomasso Ciampa pinned Uhaa Nation after a knee to the head (and distraction from Chris Masters).

(7) Bubblegum pinned Paul London clean after a Pedigree.

- Dave Rayne did the raffle and asked the fans to have some patience with Masters who promptly came out and turned on him.

(8) reDRagon retained the ROH tag team titles over Team Single, The Briscoes and BJ Whitmer/Roderick Strong, O'Reilly pinning Whitmer after Chasing The Dragon.

This afternoon :

(1) Uhaa won a four-corners over Ligero, Whitmer and Ciampa, pinning Ligero after the Uhaa Combination.

(2) Elgin pinned Chris Masters with a small package (and distraction from Uhaa).

(3) Joey Hayes (sub for Mark Andrews) pinned ACH with his feet on the ropes.

(4) Strong pinned London after the Orange Crush backbreaker.

(5) Cole pinned Noam Dar with a straight jacket German suplex.

(6) Kirby pinned Alexander after a Fameasser.

(7) Team Single & Bubblegum beat Dave Mastiff/Manson/Dave Rayne, 'gum schoolboy on Manson after shenanigans.

(8) reDRagon retained the ROH tag belts over the Briscoes, O'Reilly pinning Mark after Chasing The Dragon.

Tonight :

(1) Alexander (sub for Mark Andrews) beat ACH, Kirby, Dar, Strong and Bobby Fish by pinning ACH after Kick To Kill.

(2) Elgin pinned Whitmer with a powerbomb.

(3) Ciampa pinned Ligero after Project Ciampa.

(4) Rayne & Manson beat London & Delirious, Rayne pinning Delirious after a Rock Bottom.

(5) Joey beat Lance Storm clean with the crossface.

(6) Team Single retained the PCW tag belts over the Briscoes, Rampage pinning Mark after a piledriver.

(7) Bubblegum retained the Cruiserweight title over Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole, stealing a pin on O'Reilly after a superkick from Cole.

(8) Uhaa won the title in a 3-way elimination match :

(I) Uhaa pinned Masters after a cannonball from Mastiff and 2/3 of the Uhaa Combination (no gorilla press, just the two flips)

(II) Uhaa pinned Mastiff after he missed his cannonball and then the same two flips.

Made it to the Saturday afternoon show and had a lot of fun. Great atmosphere and real fun show. Strong/London and ACH/Hayes were particularly good I thought.

Out of curiosity - how comes Mark Andrews ended up not being on the shows?

That's a very interesting question. He was advertised as appearing on all 3 shows. No announcement was made about him not being able to appear.

Instead, he wrestled for Pro Wrestling Chaos in Bristol last night, and wrestles for This Is Progress in London tonight.

I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, because if he was double booked, the PCW/ROH shows are significantly more higher profile than PWC, no offence to them.

Pure speculation/guess - he's the winner of TNA British Bootcamp 2, and TNA don't mind him wrestling for PWC and This Is Progress (who supplied TNA with footage for Bootcamp), but don't want him wrestling on an ROH-related show (who they view as a direct competitor, and with ROH planning on releasing these shows on ROH dvd, that rules him out of appearing, if he's under TNA contract).  

I guess we'll find out one way or another next Sunday when the winner is announced.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

To say i have seen 4 shows in 3 days, i have got nothing bad to say about the weekend.

Cole/Mastiff , Strong/London , Ligero/Ciampa , Gum/O'Reilly/Cole, Storm & Kirby were the standouts - only dud (Brodus vs Elgin)

Honourable mentions to ACH & Alexander for that silence match this afternoon, Manson's gangsta impression turning rampage to bits, ACH (Top Dancer) & Bubblegum (Nice Fella).

Shucky Ducky Quack Quack as Booker T would say :)

• Paid Members

Results from this morning if anyone is missing them ;

(1) reDRagon beat Team Single in a non-title (YAY!) no-DQ match which was fairly truncated due to Rampage having to get down to Camden for Progress. Fish pinned T-Bone after Chasing The Dragon.

(2) Roderick Strong pinned Mark Briscoe after a Jay-Driller (??). Lots of pre-match shenanigans involving Roderick's "Shitty Little Boots" t-shirt and extensions of the gag.

(3) Paul London pinned Delirious after a superkick after a wonderfully baffling match.

(4) ACH pinned Cedric Alexander after a counter to Kick To Kill and a German suplex - the aforementioned No Loud Noises match (as coined by Benny HG) which was a unique experience. Completely organic, you'll never see it again.

(5) Adam Cole beat Chris Masters by count-out. Masters got fed up of being heckled (by Benny, mostly) and walked out.

(6) Uhaa Nation retained the PCW title (quelle surprise) over Michael Elgin after a spinebuster and 2/3 Uhaa Combination.

(7) Jay Briscoe retained the ROH title over Tomasso Ciampa in a hard-hitting match after a Jay-Driller despite interference from Adam Cole. We were pretty burned out by this point and it was a very serious and lengthy match for a hangover show but was still well-received.

31 matches across 4 shows. Bloody glad I went to all four shows, but you couldn't do it every weekend. My favourites in no order - Storm v Kirby, Ciampa v Ligero, Mastiff v Cole and Strong v London.

• Paid Members

Had an enjoyable weekend at PCW. After buying my tickets early and then starting to see the cards, I definitely had reservations - Night 1 especially with matches like Elgin vs Brodus Clay, there wasn't even really a pretense of "ROH vs PCW", it really became PCW featuring ROH/Wales Comic Con guys.

That said, the matches we did get, you couldn't argue with the quality. Kirby/Storm, Cole/Mastiff, Ligero/Ciampa and Bubblegum/Cole/OReilly were of ridiculous high quality, easily 4 of the best matches I've seen this year. The comedy matches with combinations of Manson/Rayne/Delirious etc were all great fun too. As an outsider, I didn't really get Lionheart coming out for the 18th time to put Mastiff in the Saturday Main Event, especially as he was losing anyway and it was Uhaa's big moment, but as a match, that was very good too.

Seeing Booker T up close was a treat, he seemed to be going off script bringing up Harlem Heat reunions and something about working the Hardy Boyz, but if that does happen, I'll definitely be there.

• Paid Members

As an outsider, I didn't really get Lionheart coming out for the 18th time to put Mastiff in the Saturday Main Event, especially as he was losing anyway and it was Uhaa's big moment, but as a match, that was very good too.

My gut says it was to preserve the value of the Masters/Uhaa one on one they are having 14th March for title and Loser Leaves PCW, and also to remind the regulars how much we love Mastiff and want him to be champion, to keep it in our forethoughts for when he wins Road To Glory and goes on to dethrone Masters at the 4th Anniversary show. Or "This Is Foursome" or whatever delicious pun the show receives for a name.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Here's what coming up over a stacked few months:

Shooting Star - Fri 23 January 2015

The Kris Travis benefit show, with lots of new faces to PCW coming together with the regulars and some returnees:

Team Single (Rampage Brown & T-Bone) vs. The Hooligans (Roy & Zack, w/ Ricky)

Chris Masters vs. Martin Kirby

Bubblegum vs. Marty Scurll

Stixx vs. Joseph Connors

Joey Hayes vs. El Ligero vs. Noam Dar vs. Dean Allmark vs. Ashton Smith vs. Josh Bodom

Doug Williams & Andy Wild vs. Fight Club (Kid Fite & Liam Thomson)

Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne & Falsh Morgan Webster & Damian Dunne vs. Tyler Bate & Ryan Smile & The Hunter Brothers (Jim & Lee)

Battle Royal

Should be a cracking show.  I especially like the look of the Defend Indy Wrestling 8-man tag, and can't wait to see what faces turn up in the battle royal.  The trademark PCW 6-way should be as exciting as ever, while Team Single vs. The Hooligans is something I've been wanting to see.  4 hard bastards smashing the shit out of each other - works for me, brother.

Then:

Road to Glory 2015 - Fri 13 & Sat 14 March 2015

3 shows across 2 days, featuring the annual Road to Glory tournament for a Heavyweight Title shot at the anniversary show in August.  So far:

Tournament matches:

Alberto El Patron vs. T-Bone

Matt Hardy vs. Rampage Brown

Lionheart (returns!) vs. Joey Hayes

Also:

PCW Heavyweight Title; Loser Must Leave PCW

Uhaa Nation © vs. Chris Masters

The Hooligans (Roy & Zak) vs. Fight Club (Kid Fite & Liam Thomson)

PCW weekenders are always great fun, but the Masters vs. Nation match is pretty much the biggest bout, storyline wise, they've ever put on.  Here are the two imports that came into PCW and ended up becoming beloved by the audience and making a home as regular roster members.  Masters' turn over the summer has made him the biggest bad guy going, while Uhaa is the most popular.  Now, the 2 top guys fight for everything.  We all think we know the outcome, but do we really?  PCW loves to surprise us...

Then:

Who Dares Wins - Sun 29 March 2015

The annual PCW 30-man rumble, plus post-show screening of WrestleMania 31.  The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) also announced.

Rest of year:

SpringSlam supershow weekender - Fri 24 & Sat 25 April 2015

Fri 5 June 2015

4th Anniversary Show - Fri 7 August 2015

Fri 25 September 2015

Fright Night supershow weekender - Fri 30 & Sat 31 October 2015

Festive Fury - Fri 4 December 2015

has the springslam weekender been confirmed yet ? 

i know they teased it with the kingdom  but wasn't sure

hope it is true because its just before when i'll be neck deep in dissertation so would be nice for a weekend away from it first 

has the springslam weekender been confirmed yet ? 

i know they teased it with the kingdom  but wasn't sure

hope it is true because its just before when i'll be neck deep in dissertation so would be nice for a weekend away from it first 

It has definitely been confirmed, but no tickets on sale as of yet.