The Preston City Wrestling Thread

I love giving Bubblegum shit, but that lad is a great wrestler. I hope he wins the PCW title.

He plays his character as well as anyone in wrestling right now, in any promotion.

I love how arrogant and cocky he is, and then the minute someone has a go back or threatens him, he's turns into a massive chickenshit, acting like a nervous 10 year old kid. His mannerisms and facials are just brilliant, and his quick wit is amazing, as his banter with the tough crowd is hilarious at times.

• Paid Members

Bubblegum was such a BRILLIANT good guy for years (with Spud and El Ligero, probably the best in the UK in the late-00s) that it came as a complete and utter shock that he was soooo convincing as a baddie when he turned in GPW, and then was a villain in PCW a little later.

He might have had a bit of a heel run in GNP a bit earlier, but no-one knew he had that hidden away. Now it's come full circle - he's been such a great bad guy the past few years people don't realise how awesome he was as a hero.

• Paid Members

A few bits of news and notes.

- I never got around to saying anything on here about the last show(s), the 'Road to Glory' weekend.

-  I thought the Friday show was a bit flat, with the exception of John Morrison vs. Will Ospreay, which was FANTASTIC.  Kirby vs. Daniels was decent too, and Lionheart got a good reaction.

- The Saturday afternoon was better, for me, with Uhaa Nation vs. Joey Hayes and El Ligero vs. Matt Hardy being real good and a big random 8-man tag being great fun.  Charlie Garrett also continued to look a sure-fire superstar in a decent bout with Carlito.

- The Saturday night, though, was BRILLIANT.  The 6-way opener was one of the best of this type PCW have put on, and Noam Dar vs. John Morrison was even better than Morrison's match with Ospreay, and their own effort 2 years ago.  Masters vs. Uhaa was also just fantastic and, though it's cliched pro wrestling, the swerve reveal of JOANNA ROSE as the heel general manager was just amazing.  WHAT A BITCH!  Got the sense the crowd had had enough of Lionheart already by the end of the weekend, though the swelling support for Bubblegum (and his tournament win, no less) is going to make things very interesting over the rest of the year.

- Announced for FiveUpershow so far in April are now Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Rob Van Dam, Juventud Guerrera, PJ Black and The Kingdom (Mike Bennett, Matt Taven & Maria Kanellis).

- But first, the next show is TONIGHT.  It's 'Who Dares Wins', featuring:

- the annual 30-man rumble.  Of course, it doesn't need saying, but everyone loves a rumble...

- a 6-way to decide the #1 and #30 entrants in said rumble.

- Mr Kennedy vs. Bubblegum

- Davey Richards & Will Ospreay vs. The Hooligans

- April Davids & Viper vs. Angelina Love & ???

- All followed by a live airing of WrestleMania at the Corn Exchange.  Get the Red Bulls in - it's gonna be a long one!!

Sort of a short review from myself:

Joanna Rose came out at the start to state that Bubblegum/Team Single would be 28,29 & 30 in the rumble and the winner in the 6 way would get number 27 and the loser no.1.

Ashton Smith proceeded to win the 6 way with Martin Kirby taking the pin so he is no.1. Very good opener typical 6 way PCW match.

Viper & April Davids beat Angelina & Liberty (replacement for Saraya Knight)

The Hooligans beat Ospreay & Richards - great match by all 4 men, Ospreay took a bit of a pounding from the Hooligans including a top rope DDT from Zebra Kid to Ospreay. The Hooligans were then attacked by Bone/Rampage who proceeded to chuck Zak Knight through a table.

Bubblegum beat Ken Anderson by rollup. Decent match including Anderson doing the jumping fireman's carry splash from the top rope.

30 man rumble was then won by Dave Mastiff, highlights included Dave Rayne handcuffing himself whilst wrapped in bubblewrap and halfway through conducting the raffle draw.

Team Single and Bubblegum were the last 3 but Mastiff & The Hooligans who had earlier been taken out by Team Single entered the ring to a huge pop, with Bubblegum being chucked out last by Mastiff.

Mastiff now faces Masters at the Free show in July for the title.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Nash isn't coming.

PCW have announced on Facebook that Nash is now requesting a $10,000 business class flight, AFTER originally agreeing terms and signing his contract (with Wales Comic Con).

PCW have therefore pulled him and are announcing a replacement (former world champ, a rare appearance) today.

WRESTLING~