The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

Just a side note , I can tell you that Fludder was working around the clock trying to get in replacements and make sure the fans were not dissapointed , we were discussing into the small hours possible replacements and for such short notice I think he done pretty good. He tried some pretty ambitious targets as he really didn't want to let the fans down.

Also good luck to Lionheart tonight on his return to the ring !

Whilst I appreciate the promoter must have been stressed out of his tits, did he even think before tweeting this?

"PCW_UK: Hey @united need urgent help not an indian call center!! @Justin__Gabriel cant leave the USA? to come to UK never ever know this? DM me!!"

I can't imagine any service provider would start jumping through hoops to help, or point him in the right direction at receiving this request.

• Paid Members

Whilst I appreciate the promoter must have been stressed out of his tits, did he even think before tweeting this?

"PCW_UK: Hey @united need urgent help not an indian call center!! @Justin__Gabriel cant leave the USA? to come to UK never ever know this? DM me!!"

I can't imagine any service provider would start jumping through hoops to help, or point him in the right direction at receiving this request.

He had very limited time and was trying anything that might work. Big companies do not like adverse publicity on social media so chances are thet are likely to move swiftly which they actually did so maybe not such a stupid stroke after all - also bear in mind that Fludder was trying anything he could to deliver the talent that was announced and not let the fans down.

The Weekend was vast and long and I did only the two evening shows.

Night one was pretty much by the numbers and the wrestlers pretty much did what they needed to Johnny Mundo's match with Will Ospreay was good but wasnt as mentally hyped as everyone seems to make it out to be.

Night 2 was much much better, the opening Six way was fantastic and Mundo vs Dar was epic as well.

Some stuff of the weekend

Ricardo's debut was weird but the double Spanish talk with Ligero was funny

Chris Daniels is quite the gent

Matt Hardy was great, but looks old

Musical Chair's were weird

Vyper is insanely over with the PCW Crowd

Sha vs Mastiff was a let down, can see reasons for it, many expected more though. You are a shit Danny Dyer chant/ Fat Eric Cantona was  funny

Bubblegum was outstanding all weekend and a deserving winner

Masters vs Uhaa was great.

Joanna Rose was the new GM and aligned withw hatever Team Single are called these days. All PCW champs are now there, plus R2G winner, plus GM 

The Road To Glory tournament - think 95% of the audience thought Lionheart was going to win it, which sort of hurt a couple of his earlier round matches vs Kirby & Hayes because there was the expectancy that he was nailed on to win the whole thing. But crikey talk about a shocking last hour or so of a show to turn the course of PCW upside down. 

Think it works even though Lionheart lost clean, you can have him chase the belt that way, but you also have Bubblegum with his now No. 1 contender shot at Masters who he is aligned with now. 

1st night - Didn't like the screwy finishes as the start but in Mastiff/Samuels case it sets a programme with each of them. Morrison/Ospreay was brilliant but some reports i read thought it was in the top 3 matches ever at PCW which i am not sure because there has been many.

2nd show - El Ligero/Matt Hardy & Morrison/T-Bone were the best matches of not a bad "hangover" show, 

3rd show - Not a bad match on the 3rd show even the women's match was good. Uhaa/Masters, Gum/Hardy, Morrison/Dar, the 6 way match at the start were all good.

But as stated before a couple of villages lost their idiots for the night, but all in all a very good show.

Plus the new Wetherspoons across the road from the venue is brilliant and just huge!!

I thought the last hour of night 3 made it my most favourite PCW weekend of all time.

The angle that saw Uhaa Nation lose his loser leaves PCW match and title to Masters (it took 3 men and a crooked GM) was tremendous, especially the Joanna Rose heel turn and big reveal.

I'm really excited and curious to see how Joanna performs over the next few shows. What made the angle work so well was she's been the inoffensive, meek and mild, pretty little babyface ring announcer for 2 years now, since her debut in 2013, and nobody expected it. And then when she turned, she cut this tremendous heel promo on Uhaa Nation without skipping a beat. I believe the promo was largely scripted (it sounded scripted at points), but she's got a big acting background and she did a great job with it. Nerves certainly didn't get the better of her, that's for sure.  

The cherry on the cake was Bubblegum beating Lionheart in the tournament final, in a move literally nobody saw coming. This was beyond great, because it taught everyone that nothing is ever predictable in PCW, firmly established the 'Friends with Benefits' heel faction are ruling group in the promotion (Masters PCW champ, Team Single Tag Champs, Bubblegum Cruiserweight Champ, all led by Joanna Rose), and also created a ton of questions, such as how Bubblegum having a future guaranteed title shot against the PCW Champion in August (currently his faction teammate Masters) will affect things.

It's been a long time since PCW started a major new storyline so this was really refreshing. It also gives purpose for the leading babyfaces in the company, and something for all of them to chase - Lionheart and Dave Mastiff in particular. Kris Travis is also on the comeback road too - he's back in the gym and starting to build himself up again, and although his in-ring return might be months down the line, ultimately him coming back will be a big thing too. 

Edited by ClassicsGuy