The Preston City Wrestling Thread

PCW released their own t-shirt for one of their shows and he had put his own face on it amongst the wrestlers.

What I don't like about Fludder is his constant need to tell us all his business strategies. Always on Facebook constantly telling us why he does this and why he does that. He should be keeping his cards close to his chest if anything.

He will be no doubt reading these threads thinking that people are writing stuff about him mainly down to jealousy. But that's not it, he really is just a pain in the arse.

with most promoters in wrestling if you bad mouth them or have a go at what they do its jealously. i would like to see a pcw show but i cant justify the cost when i can see the same talent closer to home and better value. pcw do great things but fludder does not need to try and get himself over when he has some of the best in the uk on his shows.

• Paid Members

This. I have seen with my own eyes Fludder being introduced by the ring announcer (who had his own music) and coming down to the ring to Vince McMahon's music and doing the walk. Just before the referee got his own entrance to Eye of the Tiger...

What does RP and Des having walk-on music have to do with Fludder being a massive self-mark and/or bellend? Or what's wrong with it?

This. I have seen with my own eyes Fludder being introduced by the ring announcer (who had his own music) and coming down to the ring to Vince McMahon's music and doing the walk. Just before the referee got his own entrance to Eye of the Tiger...

What does RP and Des having walk-on music have to do with Fludder being a massive self-mark and/or bellend? Or what's wrong with it?

The copyright issue, and just general douchebaggery. Referees don't need entrance music.

• Paid Members

The copyright issue, and just general douchebaggery. Referees don't need entrance music.

Whilst I see your point, I don't see a problem with that facet of things. Without knowing much at all about PCW, the draw of wrestling is the characters, and it's a great idea to make characters out of non-wrestling personnel.

• Paid Members

Just to clear this up, it's not a permanent fixture and I think it was just an ironic little joke the the fans latched to for a bit (re - ref with entrance music). That's just nitpicking, also shit loads of ring announcers have there own entrance with show music, gets the crowd going at the start and in some forms, the ring announcer is also the host.

and as Air_Raid pointed out, nothing to do with anything.

Also shit loads of ring announcers have there own entrance with show music, gets the crowd going at the start and in some forms, the ring announcer is also the host.

EDIT: What Bill said too.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

That's true on the Ring Announcer music thing. I mince my way to the ring to Ant and Dec's Let's Get Ready To Rumble. Loads of promotions do it.

See, and Butch is packed full of character. He's positively brimming over with it. I've always thought he's absolutely full of it.

I don't even necessarily have a problem with Fludder (and other assorted promoter types) playing the Vince McMahon bit to the hilt — wrestling at the smaller level is frequently about imitating the familiar, as All-Star have proven for hundreds of years.