The Preston City Wrestling Thread

This is what I love about the ukff, the fact you find gems of topics In areas of the forum you never go. I may well be considered incredibly sad, but I love seeing 7 pages of conversation of something I completely missed, savouring every reply, especially when you see Ian,Pitcos,Astro and Butch in the thread!

One thing I still can't wrap my head around, from what is written (I have never actually been to a pcw show, or any British show) pcw seems to use copyright material a lot. In what seems in a way which is very overt and which benefits them financially... So why are people defending pcw In this incident? Especially when Ian pointed out its bloody 2014, what's the over/under of bootleg DVDs sold? 9? Where as how many customers have pcw brought in with the use of copyright material used from wwe? Just seems utterly baffling to care about someone stealing your "livelihood" if a big part of the reason you have a livelihood in the wrestling business is because you in turn use what is essentially the same tactics as the bootlegger..

We actually saw a video where a guy went to someone's door and threatened violence, and was dumb enough to film the exchange. Words fail me for how stupid that truly is.

Having said all that, I'm loving the people defending it all as it's fascinating whether they truly believe pcw are in the right, or just helping a friend. They either fall into one of two categories.. Stupid or liar.

• Paid Members

Imagine Road Warrior Hawk knocking on Brian Dixon's door in 1992 when the WWF 'tribute shows' were at their zenith?!

The funny thing is I read/heard that the British LOD guys (Johnny South and Ricky Knight) and the "real" LOD met somewhere like Germany and hit it off, no issues with anyone whatsoever. I'm sure someone like Ricky Knight can confirm if this is a fairytale or accurate.

That's brilliant!

• Paid Members

Can I just point out that Fludder didnt know who the Person copying the dvds was before he answered the door so its not like he went out to bully a kid.

Also the fact this was filmed probably helped Fludder as that kid could turn around and say that he was beaten up by them, but the film shows he gave the DVDs over willingly.

I personally agree with going round for a word and filming as it could now persuade other potential pirates thats its affecting a real person as he clearly hadnt thought about that before he did it.

The knock on affect that people cant see is that if people arent buying from PCW then Fluidder might stop making DVDs or at ther very least cut back on the production costs and then people (Like myself) will be the first to go, So is it fair that I lose a gig because some kid fancies making a couple of quid? 

Whatever you think of Fludder as a person its not right to make profit on something that you have had no hand in creating. Its easy when you can't see how it affects people but this Kid sees that now and has apologised.

So as previously asked were you the guy who filmed it?

Just had to post, while I don't follow the product and likely won't, good on that owner for protecting his livelihood. Lad got totally caught out there.

Had time to reflect and actually read through opinions of you guys, who are more in the know than me about this promotion. The Piracy issue wouldn't ever be chosen to be dealt with legally, seeing as the owner would open himself up to revealing his business practices, where he also uses other people's copyrighted material, like names and music. He's dealt with it himself and it looks like it has backfired and turned people sour on his product. I was never gonna search PCW out regardess as I really cannot get into Brit wrestling. It's just not my cup of tea.

• Paid Members

Can I just point out that Fludder didnt know who the Person copying the dvds was before he answered the door so its not like he went out to bully a kid.

Also the fact this was filmed probably helped Fludder as that kid could turn around and say that he was beaten up by them, but the film shows he gave the DVDs over willingly.

I personally agree with going round for a word and filming as it could now persuade other potential pirates thats its affecting a real person as he clearly hadnt thought about that before he did it.

The knock on affect that people cant see is that if people arent buying from PCW then Fluidder might stop making DVDs or at ther very least cut back on the production costs and then people (Like myself) will be the first to go, So is it fair that I lose a gig because some kid fancies making a couple of quid?

Whatever you think of Fludder as a person its not right to make profit on something that you have had no hand in creating. Its easy when you can't see how it affects people but this Kid sees that now and has apologised.

So as previously asked were you the guy who filmed it?

No, he isn't.

The Piracy issue wouldn't ever be chosen to be dealt with legally, seeing as the owner would open himself up to revealing his business practices, where he also uses other people's copyrighted material, like names and music.

Exactly. If he had made it a police matter, he'd have ended up worse off than the kid. That's why he had to go and play the big bollock instead, and take his goon with him in case the kid's dad came out and chinned him.

It'd serve Fludder right now if this came back on him and people started contacting WWE about all their stuff that he's making money off. Nicking WWE intellectual property is widespread on the indies, understandably so. But you just open yourself up to comebacks when you're stealing WWE stuff and at the same time, moral highgrounding about copyright like you're Lars Ulrich's fat cousin. Let alone bullying a young lad for following your thieving lead. The sad thing is, I'd heard mostly good stuff about PCW before this, and they're now in the category of the standard run-by-arrogant-shithead BritWres promotion.

Just come across this now. It's an embarrassing situation.

I can appreciate Fludder would be frustrated, but his method of going about this was completely asinine. There are proper channels in a civilized society for a reason. A letter would have sufficied. If that didn't work, follow the appropriate legal channels.

More so, once you realize it was a school child and reviewed the situation, how on Earth do you come to the conclusion it would be a good idea to upload this video? I'm struggling to find a precedent for this and I'm left to think this is one of the most carny acts of Indy wrestling I've seen.

Just come across this now. It's an embarrassing situation.

I can appreciate Fludder would be frustrated, but his method of going about this was completely asinine. There are proper channels in a civilized society for a reason. A letter would have sufficied. If that didn't work, follow the appropriate legal channels.

He can't follow the appropriate legal channels, though, can he? He'd lose more than the kid would if he started getting courts involved over PCW and copyright matters.

I guess it would depend on the nature of the claim. If he was seeking money, I'm not sure how he'd put a value on it. Let's face it, we are talking a few quid of damage from a child (Is this kid even 18??). So we are looking at a small claims court and I doubt they'd look into matters like a high court patents judge would.

Even writing about this makes me feel stupid. Its like giving merit to a child stealing a few penny sweets.

The nature of the claim would be "this kid is making money stealing my intellectual property, which I make money on by stealing from World Wrestling Entertainment."

If you rob someone's house and then someone else mugs you outside and takes the jewellery off you, you're not in the best position to phone the police and report it.

What a massive prick. Always imagined he was, he comes across like an arrogant nob in most posts on here. This confirms it. Hopefully he loses more in potential ticket sales from this than he ever "lost" in DVD sales. If it's legit. If it's not he's still a prick.

Aran, I just googled your name and see that on Twitter you say you are PCW's "backstage media producer".

Are you the cunt that filmed this atrocity?

No I'm not involved at all in the situation, first I heard of it was when it went online.

I find it a bit weird that you would want to google me...

As far my comments go, I was playing Devils advocate because there are a lot of people on here who just like to Jump on everything just because they dont like Fludder or PCW, but I didnt realise that people can't have an oposing view of a situation (especially when it directly affects them)

I think some of you need to calm down... The Kid isn't even as upset as some of you guys get :-/

Sorry I didnt reply earlier, I hardly come on here.

Aran, I just googled your name and see that on Twitter you say you are PCW's "backstage media producer".

Are you the cunt that filmed this atrocity?

No I'm not involved at all in the situation, first I heard of it was when it went online.

I find it a bit weird that you would want to google me...

As far my comments go, I was playing Devils advocate because there are a lot of people on here who just like to Jump on everything just because they dont like Fludder or PCW, but I didnt realise that people can't have an oposing view of a situation (especially when it directly affects them)

I think some of you need to calm down... The Kid isn't even as upset as some of you guys get :-/

Sorry I didnt reply earlier, I hardly come on here.

So you've been round to check how "the kid" is?

Weird or not is for you to decide. I googled your name to find if it revealed your hanger on status. As you know it did.

You may also have noticed the people that share the same opinion as you tend to have a connection with the promotion or promoter. Funny that.

Edited by Ant