The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Well it would have been just desserts if the boys dad popped round the corner and was a big tank like Master's.

Honestly, that's bad shit by the PCW owner. He's given himself and his company a REALLY bad image. Shame on him, and Masters too.

Elizabeth Fludder There is a difference from streaming or watching a copy/ppv to selling copies for your own benefit. My opinion.

Looking at the comments on Fludder's facebook post regarding the incident and someone called them out asking for WWE ppv stream links in the past. 

• Paid Members

Miss Elizabeth married a bloke who goes round peoples houses and acts like a northern Scott Norton (Scott Northern if you wheeel). Her opinion is as fucked that shite Chris Masters had put on his forearm. This whole thing hurts my head. Fludder really fucked himself here. Its really murdered the opinion I have of him.

Also, to the lad bootlegging DVDs, its 2014 mate. Who the fuck is trading in 2014?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

'I ought to fuck you up' doesn't sound good legally, he has given himself (and possibly PCW) a pretty bad image as a result of it, at the same time I understand its your living, but there are ways to go about it without coming off a complete dick. To add PCW using WWE/TNA copyrighted music and other properties too really doesn't help either. By the way I notice PCW also don't like people/video editors using footage in music videos according to their 'Multimedia Director's twitter account ( https://twitter.com/tovus/with_replies ), then you could do what Gabe Sapolsky does and put a Creative Commons video reels together under a Creative Commons license with random footage from events for fans to use to make music videos.

i.e few of these - 

Edited by Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Elizabeth Fludder There is a difference from streaming or watching a copy/ppv to selling copies for your own benefit. My opinion.

Looking at the comments on Fludder's facebook post regarding the incident and someone called them out asking for WWE ppv stream links in the past. 

So, it's ok to knock off PCW dvd's as long as you give them away? Or is it another line of "it's ok to do it to the big dog but not us"

I've had a look at his facebook and there's some smugness that comes with all this, as he seemingly builds hype for putting the video up and in his associated spiel implying how hard he is, which just comes across more so as having a deluded sense of self worth and it appearing more self referential than a business move or even one of pure ethics, something which is supported by the base fact of videoing and playing it out so the world can see it.

God, I really can't convey in words just how much of an arse I feel he's looking with this.

That's fuckin horrible to watch.

If legit, why couldn't he have dropped the bloke an email saying he was aware that he was selling copies, would prefer he didn't, and please refrain or further action will be taken.

It reminded me of one of those Britain's Toughest Pub type shows where you have an utter twat of a doorman bullying people that may be in the wrong, but in the process being utter cockmunchers.

Seconds into the video he was talking about harming his growth. How much growth can there be for a wrestling promotion presumably restricted to Preston by virtue of its name? Really can't be that many more people in the market for his Dvds either.

Edited by Ant

• Paid Members

Its one of those things that seems to happen in wrestling all the time. The promoter gets a bit of praise, so he thinks he's got this legion of blind sheep who will allow him to get away with whatever he tries to do to come off as billy big bollocks. Whether its Alex Shane paying people to not deliver a ring or Eric Bischoff walking around in a leather jacket telling people not to speak to him in a lift, there's this trend from top to bottom of people who get sucked into this make believe world and forget that this is real life. But its not. Going to peoples houses and threatening them and FILMING THEM as you push your flappy he-tits out and act like your Phil Mitchell in a pink shirt is not alright. Far from it actually. You dont do shit like that in real life. How anyone can look at that video and defend it is beyond me. Its vile. Bullying from a fat lad who likes wrestling, which tells me the only thing he's pushed around in his life is the dinner trolley.

I cant stress enough how much this has angered me. I've put a lot of my life into watching pro wrestling. I love it. Always have. When I think of it, I think of playing with my hasbros with my brother, playing WarZone up my mates and watching Rock n Wrestling up my Nanas. Never have I been compelled to act out a skit and bully someone like this shit. Because that's what its all about. Instead of doing the real life thing of sending a letter or e-mail out, silly bollocks has got his missus to hold a video camera like she's fucking Kevin Dunne in a wig and Fludder rolls in to Victoria, Texas to confront 'Stone Cold' with Chris Masters with him. Like this is some fucking vignette he's filming for us to go "what a bloke". He's lost persective. Wrestling is about putting smiles on the faces of your customers and putting on quality shows that make money. He isn't the only one affected by piracy. Look at Paul Burchill (LOL!). Gabe Sapolsky's shows are affected 50 times more by piracy, and he goes through the proper channels. As does Colt Cabana who has his little DVD thing. Wade Kellers mp3s get bitten off all the time. I guarantee you these are hit in the pocket. PCW? Who the fuck is buying their bootleg DVDs? Really? If you're into them, chances are you are either going to their shows or buying the DVDs. The trading market is dead for episodes of Raw, let alone PCW shows with the Godfather on them. And I've yet to see anyone upload PCW shows on XWT. Its a niché of a niché. A cult built up by people who enjoy a night out for a decent company. Last thing you should be doing is coming off as a total cunt. Which Fludder totally has. How do you support someone like this when he's came across as an absolute arsehole?

Its just your typical story of why nobody gives a fuck about these types of British Wrestling companies. Everyone gets exposed as a wanker it seems. And who suffers? The fans of course.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

ClassicsGuy being a cunt. Standard.

Think that's a bit unnecessary tiger_rick. I posted a contrary opinion. Even if you think I'm wrong, the name calling and abuse is very childish. Thought you were better than that.

Whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. It's really sad that anyone not involved in this would get angry. Why would you get angry? Last time I checked, 'Dude confronts someone who was stealing from him in a slightly aggressive manner' isn't going to bring down the British wrestling scene. Holding terrible shows full of no-shows, or not paying talent, or not delivering on advertised match ups... all of those things might. None of which apply here.

In hindsight, it was an ill-advised thing to do - he's even admitted himself he doesn't condone his actions, and  he shouldn't have filmed it (or done it), but personally, I can completely understand why he did it and of his frustrations. If it was my business, I probably would have done it too. I'd have gone round to the person's house for sure. I have no sympathy at all for the bootlegger. The fact the bootlegger (who was doing it for many other UK promotions and not just PCW) has since issued another apology to Fludder (and not called the police on him) would indicate he realises that *HE* is the one who was in the wrong, something a lot of you are overlooking.

Seconds into the video he was talking about harming his growth. How much growth can there be for a wrestling promotion presumably restricted to Preston by virtue of its name? Really can't be that many more people in the market for his Dvds either.

You couldn't be further from the truth. The monthly shows have grown to drawing 900-1000 fans, and drawing not just from Preston, but from all over the country. I met people from Birmingham, London and Glasgow at the show last week. The weekend of shows with Ring of Honor in November will draw fans from all over the place, including from mainland Europe. The working agreement with ROH will only boost their profile, particularly in the U,S. They've started getting press in the sheets too, in both the Observer and the Torch. A silly overblown incident isn't going to change any of this. 

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Its just your typical story of why nobody gives a fuck about these types of British Wrestling companies. Everyone gets exposed as a wanker it seems. And who suffers? The fans of course.

What do you mean when you say 'these types' of British Wrestling companies? Just curious. I was planning to attend a PCW show but may decide against it because the owner has put me right off and I don't fancy supporting someone who behaves like in the above video, Progress looks my cup of tea though plus they've put an entire show for free on YouTube and use it as a promotional tool, clever.