The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

Saturday was a massive success whichever way you look at it. It was 'the' event taking place in Preston that day; anybody that was about would have seen it and, from the looks of it, stopped by for at least a while to see what was going on. Most people, and there were genuinely thousands of them, were there for the entire thing and the majority seemed to be having a blast. Well done to all involved.

Funniest bit was seeing THE MAYOR AND MAYORESS sit down in full regalia at the start of the show, then watching his face as the opening match was Martin Kirby vs. Noam Dar (with DARTH VADER at ringside, and the Jedi mind tricks and all...)! He left immediately after that - I'm sure he had mayoral business to take care of, but funny all the same. It's always interesting watching shows with loads of non-regular fans present, since they give big reactions to certain moves and things you don't see 'regular' fans do. It just shows they were all caught up in the action and loving what they were seeing.

Anyway, with that done, we move onwards, with this little lot set for the rest of the year:

Friday 1 August:

'I WANT TO BREAK THREE - 3RD ANNIVERSARY SHOW'

ROH Champion Michael Elgin vs. Kris Travis

PCW Heavyweight Title: Joey Hayes

Edited by Big Benny HG

- Didn't Uhaa Nation say at 'Supershow 4' that he was coming back in November and begged Fludder for a title shot? It'd be awesome if Nation (and Chris Masters for that matter) were here and part of Team PCW for the weekend...

Great write up as always Big Benny! Always enjoy your posts/thoughts. It's a very exciting time for PCW, the promotion has a ton of momentum right now. If anyone is thinking of going to the PCW/ROH shows, I suggest you get your tickets ASAP, as the PCW Facebook page has suggested the shows may sell out tonight, if not in a few days time.

Regarding Uhaa Nation, he is definitely on the shows in November & Fludder announced at Supershow 4 that he'd get a PCW title shot at one of the Supershow 5 shows.

The November shows will be patterned after the ROH/New Japan shows, in that night 1 will be a mix of PCW vs PCW and ROH vs ROH matches, and day/night 2 will be Dream interpromotional matches.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Thinking of heading up for the ROH weekender, As someone whos never been to PCW before what is the view like from standing? And what sort of time would i need to arrive to get a good spot?

Views from standing are pretty good all round unless you are vertically challenged, even when it's packed. Usually amble in close to Bell time and fine a decent spot, That's one thing with Evoque you wont struggle with

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking of heading up for the ROH weekender, As someone whos never been to PCW before what is the view like from standing? And what sort of time would i need to arrive to get a good spot?

Views from standing are pretty good all round unless you are vertically challenged, even when it's packed. Usually amble in close to Bell time and fine a decent spot, That's one thing with Evoque you wont struggle with

Get there nice and early and you should be fine.

$5 Wrestling started as Colt Cabana and friends commentating over terrible wrestling matches. This then turned into booking shows featuring terrible wrestlers to have terrible matches as they could commentate over them live. It's unknown if a lot of these guys who wrestle are "in the know" as to the promotions intent especially when a few of them look like they have a mental disability of some kind.

I'm not a fan.

http://5dollarwrestling.com/