Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After scoring what was presented as a fluke win at Mania against Jericho, losing to him tonight would really be detrimental to Fandango. Where would he go next? The 2013 mid-card hell of Miz, Wade, Kofi etc? Could spell death

Fandango was never going to last as a gimmick anyway. I did think they would stick with it until at least Summerslam though, so I can't see Jericho going over tonight.

• Paid Members

About half yeah.

Let's get some chat going about the show itself then, who do we see picking up wins tonight?

I don't see Ryback beating Cena in his first title defence, although stranger things have happened. I think they have done a pretty good job in the build of making it look like he can though. Considering he's never won a big match in his career, it would be pretty mad if the serial loser won the big one from the company's top man.

Hard to imagine that Kofi would beat Ambrose but a DQ victory could be on the cards if they didn't want to switch the belt tonight. Same goes for the tag titles match. The bookies are convinced that The Shield are leaving St Louis with all the gold, but is that too obvious?

I'm struggling to see the logic in Triple H beating Brock Lesnar, unless Trips is planning on working a big match at SummerSlam and needs to go in looking strong.

Excited about the Strap Match, think that could be a great hard-hitting war of a match. Sheamus is treading water and going nowhere right now, so a win for Henry seems a good pick. Maybe he can work with Cena next?

Sheamus must be due a run with Ziggler for the title, because the 398756547854789 matches they had last year won't have satisfied the whiteboard backstage that needs matches written on it every week. The result of the strap match surely depends on whether Cena vs Henry or Sheamus vs Ziggler is coming first.

If Ryback loses tonight, I don't know where he can go. He's completely fucked as a babyface/credible opponent, and he's coming into this fresh off a heel turn and with Cena's leg busted. How does Ryback salvage himself if he fails again? Turn more heel?

Fandango's bound to beat Jericho, surely. I can only see Ambrose winning the title as well. Are those two matches fought under normal rules?

Ryback deserves the world of credit for still managing to seem like a big deal.I don't know why, but I really like the big lug. Some of his mannerisms are goofy, and his promo face is naff, but he pulls it all together and is a very believable character. He's got a touch of the Batista's/Henry's about him in that he is completely at one with his character and gets it, and how to project it.I don't think he survives a clean loss tonight, though. Certainly not as a big time player.If I had the book I'd either just bite the bullet and give him the title for Cena to chase, or do something really, really wacky like have a Lesnar or Punk run-in or something. Something to take the emphasis of Rybacks loss, and something that gives him a clearly defined top tier program coming out of the show.I'm pumped for the strap match; I'm so into Henry right now. He's wonderful.Add a heavy dose of Lesnar being Lesnar and ill be happy.

I think realistically we'll see Lesnar beat HHH, Cena beating Ryback(Unless we get some kind of interference but I can't see a clean Ryback win), The Shield taking the tag belts but not the U.S thanks to a disqualification, Henry beats Sheamus, Orton beats Show, Fandango has to beat Jericho and Del Rio probably beats Swagger. Miz will probably beat Cody in the pre-show match as well.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to the cage match. Hoping Triple H wins it and moves on to something more interesting afterwards. It's been ace having him around semi-regularly the last few months. I've barely caught any of the build to the rest of the show, (the last show I watched in full was the London Raw) so it's pretty hard to give a fuck about most of it. Henry vs Sheamus will definitely be amazing, though.

We doing chat for it?

Archived