Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

So personally i'm thinking Extreme Rules is looking seriously stacked and shaping up to be a potential show of the year again. So far we've officially got:

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

WWE Title match

John Cena vs Ryback

World Heavyweight Title Triple Threat Ladder match

Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger

On top of that it looks like we're getting The Shield vs Team Hell No for the Tag straps, probably some kind of gimmick match between Sheamus and Menry and something with Randy Orton and Big Show. Am I the only one who thinks that looks pretty blinding and looking forward to it?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Yeah, it's definitely meaty. I always love the Mania hangover PPV. They always seem to pull something pretty great out for them. I mean, look at Backlash 2000. It pissed all over Mania that year, and I think action wise Extreme Rules is going to have a massive slash over the somewhat disappointing Wrestlemania this year. Full of big matches which all have the potential to be pretty damned fucking good.

I'm still waiting for Trips and Lesnar to REALLY deliver.

They're, if I'm honest, my two favourite of all time so any show they're headlining I'm going to be all over, but if they hit all the right notes ill be in heaven.

I think in terms of name value and match composition, the show does look great. BUT a lot of the matches have 'potential stinker' written all over them, in terms of match quality. Lesnar/Trips could be slow and dull; an injured Cena against Ryback could go downhill fast; Del Rio and Swagger are shitbags and as much as I love Show and Henry, they do have stinkers in their locker.

Team Hell No/The Shield is their only real banker.

• Moderators

If they are anything like the tremendous 2011 tussles, Henry vs Sheamus should be pretty fucking great. Hard hitting bomb throwing matches. I don't think they had a bad match during that feud. And Big Show has been one of the best performers in the WWE now for aaaaaaaages. I have nothing but faith in them to deliver at this show.

• Paid Members

Very much looking forward to this. Last year Extreme Rules was easily the best show of the year, taking almost a third of the votes in the UKFF year-end awards. As Butch said, traditionally the post-Mania PPV always delivers the goods. It also helps that there has been an extended break between Mania and this show, six weeks is long enough to get everyone excited about staying up for a PPV again and it also helps having the extra weeks of TV to build up a really strong card.

Unlike Cena vs Lesnar last year, this time round there is no single match that I'm really hyped up for, but the card is looking decent from top to bottom. There is potential for some of the matches to bomb, but I'm pretty confident about the big ones. Mark Henry vs Sheamus would be an absolute treat on the undercard too, the pair of them had some killer hard-hitting battles back in 2011.

I'm quite looking forward to this. Triple H vs Lesnar should trump their previous efforts and could be a perfect main event with the cage involved and the feud ending implications (presumably), a world away from the slog of the two matches that closed Wrestlemania.

I can't say that Cena vs Ryback is as appealing to me now as it was after Ryback initially Shellshocked Cena based on the follow up, it should still be one to watch though.

The Shield are surely leaving with the tag team titles from this, I think the Shield team will be Rollins and Reigns, I can see them using the 'Freebird rules' but surely Reigns will always be on the team for intimidation and size factor.

Henry vs Sheamus should be entertaining if their Summerslam 2011 match is anything to go by.

Should be a good 'un.

• Paid Members

I can't see any of them being rubbish really. Sheamus and Menry as mentioned have tremendous chemistry together and that and Big Show - Orton are bound to be gimmick matches, which should make them more interesting and I reckon less likely to be shit. Ryback and Cena may not mix, that may be the big let down but I think with the injury could provide a good story for it. I also feel like the Cage match will provide a great setting for Trips - Brock and produce their best match. Dolph and Alberto are great in multi-man Ladder matches, should be an exciting one I reckon. Shield - Hell No should be absolutely banging, i'm actually dead excited about that one and The Shield walking away with the straps.

Forgot to mention in the opening post, AJ vs Kaitlyn for the Divas and Kofi vs Big E for the US could get on there too, maybe.

Not that excited about it yet but it looks decent on paper. Cena vs Ryback, Sheamus vs Henry and whatever the Shield are doing is what I'm looking forward to most. Can't stand triple threat matches but the world title match could be interesting with a ladder involved. I want run ins from all the managers too. Overbook this shit cos two of these blokes are just not interesting. Orton vs Show could be pretty good if it happens but they're two of the most played out guys on the roster, HHH vs Brock will be boring shit. Hopefully Kofi, Big E and Fandango end up on the card.

• Paid Members

Big E won't have a match and be Dolph's heavy on the same PPV, that's TV stuff. The Divas match is a fair shout, though. It sounded on Raw like they were building to Fandango/Jericho again, too.

Archived