Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

I'm fine with hearing shit like 'SPINEBUSTER TIME!', you can pass that off as cockiness/taunting. In fact, if they have to call a spot they should always phrase it like trash talk.

It's far worst when you can hear them being polite or helpful to one another.

It was the second kind. "Coming at you with a high knee," and, "shoot me into the ropes."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- How has no one mentioned "That's my manager" yet? I searched YouTube for it and nothing comes up either. It was hilarious!

- Henry vs. Sheamus was shit. The lights reset when the wrestler's momentum is broken. How vague is that? Momentum was surely broken in the end sequence. The strap wasn't particularly impactful either.

- I liked Triple H vs. Lesnar. Lesnar sold his knee well. Heyman sold it very well too. He was a laugh in this match.

- Cena vs. Ryback was so-so. Started off alright, plodded along a bit after. Someone mentioned it seemed to be after the botch and I agree. The finish looked pretty silly. They went through the lights, which was fine, but then Cena was somehow on that metal structure despite it being obvious from the other angle he'd hit the floor.

- The first two matches were ok, but sloppy. Ambrose hasa few things he needs to clean up. The butterfly suplex off the top was pretty lush. Not keen on his finish. Reminds me of The Miz's and looks pretty awkward. Still, happy with The Shield having all belts. Jericho looked off in the first match. Fandango looked great doing his sleazy shit. I liked his tights too. He looks a bit like Charlie Sheen.

- Orton vs. Big Show was decent. WWE have wisely decided Orton needs to be pushed, and Orton has suddenly turned it on.

- Orton vs. Big Show was decent. WWE have wisely decided Orton needs to be pushed, and Orton has suddenly turned it on.

I have yet to watch Extreme Rules but I've enjoyed Orton for the last 2 years. Despite having fuck all material to work with the bloke has had some belters on television and Pay Per View throughout the past few years (apart from the endless matches with Mr Barrett).

If he has in fact "turned it on" that's something I'd really enjoy. He's fucking ace.

I personally wasn't keen on the PPV:

Y2J v Fandango should have ended at Wrestlemania, doesn't need to be a 3 match feud over how to pronounce a name and the match was given too long.

Ambrose v Kingston was too short and predictable, Ambrose should have been properly pushed instead of against a transitional champ mid-carder. Ambrose's finisher needs sorting he has a crap version of the Skullcrushing Finale.

Mark Henry should have beaten Sheamus, it just neglected his win against Ryback, which discredited Ryback as championship material which I'll come to later.

Del Rio v Swagger has gone on too long and the finish was a joke.

Shield beat Hell No too easily considering how long they've held the titles.

Orton v Show was decent-ish.

Nobody expected Ryback to win, he got no push. The finish was dire, a no-contest in a 'hardcore' PPV what a joke.

HHH v Lesnar was good, but no-one cared and thought the feud went on too long.

WWE has no star power outside the part-timers Punk + Cena, WWE should have had Swagger win and continue his monster push up to a unification title match some time soon, get people interested in the US, IC and tag titles as well as bringing in hardcore/europen title.

Y2J v Fandango should have ended at Wrestlemania, doesn't need to be a 3 match feud over how to pronounce a name and the match was given too long.

Ambrose v Kingston was too short and predictable, Ambrose should have been properly pushed instead of against a transitional champ mid-carder. Ambrose's finisher needs sorting he has a crap version of the Skullcrushing Finale.

Mark Henry should have beaten Sheamus, it just neglected his win against Ryback, which discredited Ryback as championship material which I'll come to later.

Nobody expected Ryback to win, he got no push. The finish was dire, a no-contest in a 'hardcore' PPV what a joke.

WWE has no star power outside the part-timers Punk + Cena, WWE should have had Swagger win and continue his monster push up to a unification title match some time soon, get people interested in the US, IC and tag titles as well as bringing in hardcore/europen title.

Your answer to tittles not being seen as significant is to bring back further titles? Seems a touch counter productive.

EDIT: I'm aware I spelt it 'Tittles' but I'm leaving it because I find it amusing.

Your answer to tittles not being seen as significant is to bring back further titles? Seems a touch counter productive.

EDIT: I'm aware I spelt it 'Tittles' but I'm leaving it because I find it amusing.

Nah, it seems any idiot wins whc/wwe title, so to counteract this, have more secondary titles.

• Paid Members
Nah, it seems any idiot wins whc/wwe title, so to counteract this, have more secondary titles.

So your answer to people not having interest in several of the titles is to have more titles?

Also, name said idiots.

Its just that as so many wrestlers win the big titles, nobody cares about the lesser ones, hence how we saw Barrett or Cesaro defeated every week. Said idiots are Del Rio, Mysterio, Kane, Khali, JBL, Sheamus

• Paid Members
Its just that as so many wrestlers win the big titles, nobody cares about the lesser ones, hence how we saw Barrett or Cesaro defeated every week. Said idiots are Del Rio, Mysterio, Kane, Khali, JBL, Sheamus

I can see you're going to be very popular round here.

Of the 6 mentioned Del Rio is the only one who can have a decent match but he isn't over in the slightest. Mysterio can if he is against a sub 230 pounds wrestler who is a really good seller.

FUCK.RIGHT.OFF.

JBL is my favourite WWE champion of the modern era. He was an incredible, incredible champion that really thrived in the position. He had that vital trait; he really, really got it. Like Henry or Batista, for example, he knew his character inside out. There was no wasted motion. He could have some great brawls, too, so you can piss off on the ability front too. Given a gimmick match, like his I Quit match with Cena or his shtick with Eddie, he could have great matches.

For a time he, and his supporting cast, made Smackdown seem big time and at least equal to Raw.

Seriously, I'm getting more mad as I go along.

It was such a good reign, where I literally couldn't wait to see what he'd do next. 'Do you like pizza? ...Big Show likes pizza'.

The segment where he beat the piss out of Hornswaggle in a cage is one of the most tense, dramatic segments in wrestling history. I bloody love JBL.

Archived