Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Mysterio can if he is against a sub 230 pounds wrestler who is a really good seller.

Incorrect. Really, really, amazingly incorrect.

And is that Sheamus the same one who's had Big Show levels of consistency in putting out some top flight work over the past two years?

• Paid Members

So far off on the Rey Mysterio thing. Probably the first time I've ever read someone make the case of Mysterio needing to wrestle against someone who can sell well. I imagine its for all that offense Mysterio gets in when he's cutting the ring in half and using his massive frame to his advantage. Warlord style.

Sheamus and Big Show's matches were bleak, Big Show is a decent mic man which was the saving grace of the feud. Mysterio is a midcarder nothing more nothing less, no better than Paul London or Brian Kendrick. He has no mic skills either.

Jesus. You're a fucking spenk.

Mysterio, at one point, could legitimately claim to be one of (if not THE) best workers in the world. Oozed natural charisma, is the yardstick all small underdogs should be measured against and is the perfect wrestlers-as-superheroes character.

Big Show a mic man?

He's fine on the stick, but he really comes to life in the ring.

I think you should watch something else.

• Paid Members

Can we ban RoFu the night before every round of new accounts then un-ban him when they all get approved, just so I can have this "At least we've got him back" consolation every time?

FUCK.RIGHT.OFF.

JBL is my favourite WWE champion of the modern era. He was an incredible, incredible champion that really thrived in the position. He had that vital trait; he really, really got it. Like Henry or Batista, for example, he knew his character inside out. There was no wasted motion. He could have some great brawls, too, so you can piss off on the ability front too. Given a gimmick match, like his I Quit match with Cena or his shtick with Eddie, he could have great matches.

For a time he, and his supporting cast, made Smackdown seem big time and at least equal to Raw.

Seriously, I'm getting more mad as I go along.

It was such a good reign, where I literally couldn't wait to see what he'd do next. 'Do you like pizza? ...Big Show likes pizza'.

The segment where he beat the piss out of Hornswaggle in a cage is one of the most tense, dramatic segments in wrestling history. I bloody love JBL.

Don`t come on this forum much at all these days but this post caught my interest. I completely agree with it.

When JBL first took the title from Eddie I was slightly pissed off, he wasn`t really estabslished as a singles star let alone worthy of a WWE title reign, even in his tag team glory days he played second fiddle to the big 3 of Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian.

But.....

He won me over pretty quickly, he was a fantastic champion, a perfect heel champion who always found a way to overcome the odds, he created a believable and hilarious stable, with his ministers of defence anc chief of staff.

Was it Summerslam 04 in Toronto against Taker where Taker tombstoned him onto his limo?

Next Smackdown and JBl comes out wearing the neck brace complete with Halo to keep his hat aloft. :laugh: Absolute genius.

He moved onto a still heel Angle and I seem to recall a killer confrontation on Smackdown with the two thad had the crowd going apeshit. They just couldn`t wait to see JBL get his ass handed to him. He was that good at what he was doing for the near year long spell he had as champion.

Smackdown has never been as good since.

Watched earlier today.

Usually look forward to Extreme Rules, but this year was a bit of a disappointment.

Jericho/Fandango was OK for what it is.

WWE obviously decided that they wanted to put the belt on Ambrose but had to figure out how to get it on him without doing heel vs heel with Cesaro, so stuck on go-to-guy Kofi. now the US title has its third owner in less then two months.

I'm not liking Sheamus as a face. And Strap matches are usually shit. You know they were going to do the heel touches the pad/faces touches the pad too to take it to 3-3 spot, because they always do.

Shield winning the tag titles was OK with me as I think Team Hell No has run its course. Thought the match was good, if a bit short.

Didn't enjoy Del Rio/Swagger and the replay angle was stupid. Surely any ref who gets a bonk on the head during a match should go to a replay now, but they won't.

Cena/Ryback going to a non-finish was stupid. Saying that, I thought Cena OK considering his injury. Laughed at his splash from all of 6 foot to put Ryback through the table. Thing that I remember most about the match was the gargantuan Cena fan when they first go into the crowd.

Enjoyed HHH/Lesnar. Thought it was easily the best match of their series and was chuffed with Brock going over

Off on a slight tangent, while I love Big Show, I will concede he is past his best. However, his matches with Sheamus towards the end of last year were some of the best he had been involved with in a long, long time. I liked the fact they did what they should be doing in Sheamus's feud with Henry: Make Sheamus alter his tactics. When Sheamus couldn't beat him with the Brogue Kick, it created an element of doubt in his moveset that it wouldn't be over as soon as he hit his finisher. They took a guy who's game is based on power and put him up against a guy stronger than him, and it worked. I'd sooner see that than him pitched as Mark Henry's equal all of a sudden.

Given how successful the above scenario was, you think they would have span it out longer than the interminable Del Rio v Sheamus series, which got very old, very fast. To then go and slap the belt on Del Rio relatively quickly tells me they real want ADR to succeed despite the fact I don't think he's over at all.

• Paid Members
Thing that I remember most about the match was the gargantuan Cena fan when they first go into the crowd.

That guy was such a fat cunt.

Some wanker spoiled the Shield's wins for me which is annoying but I enjoyed the show, I've never stopped liking Randy Orton and watching him in at Extreme Rules was like going back in time, it was great to see him over & having fun, I hope he's got their trust back and they can push him again despite his 2 strikes.

So glad Brock went over, hope it's not 6 months til his next match, I could really do with seeing him face someone else after 3 quarters of his matches since his return have been against HHH.

Archived