Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick picks: Cena, Lesnar, Del Rio, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, Ambrose, Reigns/Rollins. And Miz on the pre-show, I guess, the way they brought him back and bigged it up makes me think they might have plans for him, even if it's just chasing the IC title.

Should be a great show. I feel like the time between PPVs is ultimately a good thing here. The build seemed to drag a bit, but now that we're here, my anticipation level is high :)

Bets had to be placed by 11pm.

Pretty pissed off that they've limited the stakes. Gone for full accy and permed any 5 / 6 / 7 with all the favourites other than Sheamus.

Would have paid

Really good show! Lesnar vs Triple H was far and above their previous matches for me. Cena vs Ryback was very good, the best result possible, and I'm curious to see the follow-up. Orton and Big Show totally have that "ugh, same old" feeling for me, but their match was cracking. I enjoyed the two Shield matches tremendously as well. The Shield do make tag team wrestling exciting. I didn't pay much attention to Henry vs Sheamus or Jericho vs Fandango, was doing other things. I didn't pay any attention to the latest round of Swagger vs Del Rio, but I'm intrigued about what happens with Swagger and Zeb from here.

Titus was good value on the pre- and post-show. I like Renee Young but she's not the smoothest host yet. Big thumbs up for WWE tonight.

Pretty forgettable show I thought, although nothing was bad. The Shield matches were easily the most enjoyable for me, Dean Ambrose looks like a star, got a huge pop as well. Hope Triple-H takes some serious time off again, the main event reminded me of how boring he is.

Quick picks: Cena, Lesnar, Del Rio, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, Ambrose, Reigns/Rollins. And Miz on the pre-show.

... Should have placed money on it. All but Cena, who still retained the gold in the non-finish.

Hard to get too upset about the non-finish either. I mean, they weren't going to take the gold from Cena after 6 weeks, and Ryback can't afford to look any more weak. I think Ryback's lack of a signature win is what partially holds him back at the moment- crowds aren't really taking to him as a threat to Cena, which makes sense when you consider the biggest name he's beaten is The Miz. Ryback looks strong by taking out the WWE Champion and now I think the feud will really heat up, particularly with good follow-up on Raw.

Glad to see Lesnar get the win, I was worried for a while with how dominant Triple H was being. I thought after the Cena/Ryback match, WWE might want to send the crowd home happy with a babyface win. Funnily enough, I thought Brock looked sympathetic and gutsy until Heyman got involved. Damn walrus. Now, Brock looks like a tough SOB by taking the mother of all knee punishments, plus kicking out of the Pedigree. They re-built Lesnar's "mystique", while still protecting Hunter for future marquee matches. An added bonus was seeing Lesnar win with the F-5, with the MMA gimmick and the focus on the kimura, I thought it had lost a bit of shine as a finisher- particularly since he hadn't won a match with it since 2004. A job well done on all levels.

The rest was okay, albeit very predictable. The tornado match was extremely (pardon the pun) well structured, and it really was non-stop fun. The finish was very innovative also.

Lastly, it's too bad Orton can't wrestle in front of his hometown every night. It was the first time he seemed to give a shit in seemingly forever. Plus seeing him bust out the Punt again was ace, I didn't think we'd see that move in current WWE, especially with the concussion issues. There's no denying how great a match-ender it is though.

Lastly, it's too bad Orton can't wrestle in front of his hometown every night. It was the first time he seemed to give a shit in seemingly forever. Plus seeing him bust out the Punt again was ace, I didn't think we'd see that move in current WWE, especially with the concussion issues. There's no denying how great a match-ender it is though.

A thought that's never really occurred to me before: Randy Orton should be the Ultimate Warrior to John Cena's Hulk Hogan. Not in terms of face paint or copying Warrior's act, but just being a more animated, nonsensical nutcase compared to the main guy's straight-laced role model routine. The times Orton interests me are when he steps outside of the cold-blooded, stone-faced killer gimmick he's been doing for about six years. I'd like to see him just embrace the loon side of his character more. No WrestleMania VI moment though, please.

Attempted to stay up and watch it live but fell asleep during Del Rio vs Swagger(No suprise there). Overall I thought a solid show. The Steel Cage match was probably the best on the card and glad to see Lesnar win. However the way they were talking on the post-show I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 4th match between the two which I don't want to see again ugh. The Last Man Standing was decent and allows Ryback to remain strong and to continue the feud. The Shield winning all the titles was great and Ambrose looks like a star. I skipped Orton and Big Show, Henry and Sheamus was alright for what it was, Jericho and Fandango was baffling unless they've given up on Fandango. Not bad overall though.

Archived