Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I thought it was a very good show, myself, helped by a good crowd and some very decent matches.Jericho/Fandango was pretty good, not epic or anything, but a nice opener. I enjoyed the US Title match just because I really dislike Kofi so it's cool to see him lose. Del Rio and Swagger can fuck off. The strap match was alright. I really, really enjoyed Orton/Big Show and, on paper, that was one of the ones I didn't have any interest in. I can just never get interested in Orton, he usually bores me shitless. But he was really good here, I thought. I think the crowd had a lot to do with that as well.Cena/Ryback was much better then I expected, also loved the end spot.HHH/Lesnar was...alright. I enjoyed watching Lesnar bounce Trips from one side of the cage to the other.So overall, I'm not annoyed that I stayed up for it. Which is often all I'm going for when watching a WWE PPV.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Enjoyed the show. It wasn't as strong as last year's, but it was easily a few notches above the average PPV in terms of star power and match quality.I loved the finish to the WWE title match. When Ryback charged towards the set I just expected him to bash Cena's back against it, so when they flew right through it I was totally taken by surprise.I was pissed off that I left it too late to place a few bets though!

I thought Ryback looked bloody fantastic.

It was a great match until that weird botched leap thing Cena tried, the thread seemed to get lost from there. I thought the ending was fine, but for one thing; with assistance, granted, they showed Ryback walk away whilst Cena was laying prone on the floor. There is absolutely no logical reason why they ref shouldn't have counted. Unless in a match predicated on knocking someone unconscious, they can be TOO unconscious. Silly.

I was waiting for Ryback to grab Charlie and, like a badass, force him to count under threat of violence.

Lesnar was great in the main event. His selling was superb, the interplay with Heyman sublime. Great match.

Loved Ambrose winning, but fuck me Kofi needs to slow down. He could take it down a notch, still seem quick and athletic but maybe not be quite as scruffy.

I was a bit gutted to see a cross face chicken wing used as a transition move, that's always been MY finishing move. You know, in my head.

Only thing I couldn't understand was why this went on last, when Cena v Ryback looked a more suitable main event, especially given the ending.

I would assume that the Lesnar match went last as the non-finish to the Cena/Ryback match would have been pretty flat for a PPV finish. When the trainers were tending to Cena and getting the backboard ready there was a lot of booing from the live fans as they realised that was the end of the match. A PPV ending without someone in the ring and someone's music playing would have been pretty shit - especially if the fans were shitting on it.

Good point, I admit I was thinking mainly as a TV viewer, rather than the live audience's perspective. Still, having evil Brock going out as last man standing doesn't play to the face wins the finale playbook...

I thought Ryback looked bloody fantastic.

It was a great match until that weird botched leap thing Cena tried, the thread seemed to get lost from there. I thought the ending was fine, but for one thing; with assistance, granted, they showed Ryback walk away whilst Cena was laying prone on the floor. There is absolutely no logical reason why they ref shouldn't have counted. Unless in a match predicated on knocking someone unconscious, they can be TOO unconscious. Silly.

Surely both men were out for over a 10 count before Ryback got up? By the time Little Naitch reacted, ran around and medical personnel arrived, if he had administered a count it would have been a draw. That's how I took it anyway.

It was loads better than WrestleMania, yeah. WrestleMania was crap.

I see nothing to be gained from having your champion and top draw work injured, and have him run the risk of a longer term injury or even burning out given the psychological pressure he's been under in the past 12 months.

He's alright psychologically, he beat Rock last month and got his redemption.

Good point, I admit I was thinking mainly as a TV viewer, rather than the live audience's perspective. Still, having evil Brock going out as last man standing doesn't play to the face wins the finale playbook...

I guess it was the lesser of two evils. At least the live crowd got to applaud Triple H as he was helped backstage.

It wasn't much of a night for the faces in important matches. The US and Tag Champs both lost, as did Triple H and the Cena match was a draw (with the face getting stretchered). That might be why they had Sheamus and Jericho win - both of which I thought should have gone the other way. Can't have all the faces lose.

Decent show.

Jericho vs. Fandango was a nifty opener. The live crowds really love Jericho don't they?

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry was an odd match. There were some nice moments that made sense, like Henry hog-tying Sheamus and Sheamus touching the turnbuckles from the outside. But then Henry carrying Sheamus with him to each corner was stupid, and the ending seemed premature.

Del Rio vs. Swagger was satisfactory.

Orton vs. Big Show was far better than expected. As others have said in this thread, it made a huge difference that Orton put in the effort for his hometown.

Cena vs. Ryback was the match of the night, even if it didn't make much sense that Ryback barely went for Cena's ankle.

Triple H vs. Lesnar was just okay. It was better than their other matches, which isn't saying much. But it was a problem that, while in their Wrestlemania match, Lesnar at least came across as a monster, here he was whinging, crying and relying on his manager for help.

Thought it was an enjoyable show.

A lot of the matches zipped along at a really fast pace so there wasn't time for that many of them to be anything amazing but Jericho/Fandango, Ambrose/Kofi and Hell No/Shield were all fun matches. Chuffed to bits at The Shield winning all the titles. Even if the belts don't really mean anything, I still think they've done a fantastic job with them. Credit where credit is due.

Del Rio/Swagger and particularly Orton/Show were well done and I enjoyed the Last Man Standing match between Cena and Ryback. It had a lot of fun spots and the end one was a complete surprise. While I'm not usually a fan of those types of endings, it made Ryback a beast again while keeping the belt on Cena. I don't think another loss would have been good for Ryback at the minute.

The Steel Cage match was pretty decent and the Sledgehammer coming back to bite HHH was a good ending. Still don't think they've topped their Summerslam match though. It's been good to see these two feud but they've probably not quite reached expectations. They're not the same as they would've been ten years ago and neither is the type of product. Pleased Lesnar won though, think he needed it.

I'm fine with hearing shit like 'SPINEBUSTER TIME!', you can pass that off as cockiness/taunting. In fact, if they have to call a spot they should always phrase it like trash talk.

It's far worst when you can hear them being polite or helpful to one another.

Archived