Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

I'm fucking loving Randy Orton at the minute, and to be honest i have been since about 2011, i dunno what it is, i used to think he was ok, but then it just clicked and i started to really appreciate just how smooth he is in the ring, even watching him do his standard 5 move comeback, his timing is perfect with everything.

I really hope he keeps his nut switched on and gets to that belt again.

Is the punt back in the arsenal or was it a one shot deal due to it being "Extreme" rules.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good PPV, no blow away matches but no shit either. Even HHH/Brock was good thanks to Brock's brilliant selling and the Heyman interaction. That's my manager! I hated the end of the LMS match at first but it makes sense in retrospect. With some minor adjustments and some half competent booking Ryback could be something special. The strap match was a bit disappointing but still decent. Tag match was a great little spotfest. All else was rosy.

I liked the pre and post show things with the pundits. Barret's a plank of wood but the rest were good. It's a shame Titus is awful at wrestling cos he's class at everything else. The Bella's pointing and laughing at the cat fight and Zeb's promo were also highlights.

Oh, and this . .

082ac0aec0e611e282a3220.jpg

:love:

First take the US, then soon the world shall be yours young man.

• Paid Members

Will happily name drop this in here, I was in Vegas last week and Dean Ambrose of all people walked past me Thursday night (or it may have been Wednesday?) outside of Caesar's Palace. He was by himself carrying a bottle of beer. He looked cool as fuck and he simply oozes class. Seeing that pic above simply proves it.

• Paid Members

Dean Ambrose is quite great. He's still a distant number two in the Shield, for me, though. Roman Reigns has potential to be the bloke who knocks Cena off his perch in a few years. There's so much upside to him its sickening. He's got everything they look for. Size, aggression, an at the least decent level of ability in the ring, presence, a natural charisma, good facials, a background in sport, a family heritage you can play out for years. He's related to the fucking Rock, so there's a program you could do that would get ridiculous attention. People are going to love him when he becomes a single. He's also in his 20s. He isn't a CM Punk or a Sheamus who are in their 30s and have been on TV forever. He's a fresh big guy with huge potential.

• Paid Members
Dean Ambrose is quite great. He's still a distant number two in the Shield, for me, though. Roman Reigns has potential to be the bloke who knocks Cena off his perch in a few years. There's so much upside to him its sickening. He's got everything they look for. Size, aggression, an at the least decent level of ability in the ring, presence, a natural charisma, good facials, a background in sport, a family heritage you can play out for years. He's related to the fucking Rock, so there's a program you could do that would get ridiculous attention. People are going to love him when he becomes a single. He's also in his 20s. He isn't a CM Punk or a Sheamus who are in their 30s and have been on TV forever. He's a fresh big guy with huge potential.

I agree with all this, been saying the same thing for months. He's definitely got all the tools to become a massive star if he applies himself properly.

I don't remember who it was, but ages ago somebody on this forum spotted his profile on the FCW roster page, while he was still working as 'Leakee' and made a post saying that this guy ticked all the boxes for what WWE look for in a main eventer and predicted that he would be a star one day. It stuck with me, because it seemed a pretty outlandish prediction at the time. Leakee wasn't even being pushed in developmental back then. Whoever that was should give themselves a pat on the back.

overall in my opinion a very good show,i think it was a good show because nobody really expected nothing big from it,hopefully tonights raw will follow in its suit and surprise us... punk is rumored to be back? it would make me extremely happy to see him back :thumbsup:

Lesnar vs Triple H was far and above their previous matches for me. Cena vs Ryback was very good, the best result possible, and I'm curious to see the follow-up.

I agree, HHH/Lesnar had their best match so far and along with Cena/Ryback they were the two best matches on the show. I didn't like the ending of Cena/Ryback, but it did make sense to end it that way (and it was a good visual). Where do we see Lesnar going from here though? I would think that he would be wrestling at Summerslam next, but who against?

Orton and Big Show totally have that "ugh, same old" feeling for me, but their match was cracking. I enjoyed the two Shield matches tremendously as well. The Shield do make tag team wrestling exciting.

I didn't find the Orton/Show match to be cracking, but I did enjoy it whie it lasted. As has already been said, I am sure Orton wishes he could wrestle in his hometown every week. Orton does still seem to be going nowhere at the moment though.

On the topic of the Shield, while their matches felt rushed (fine matches, but rushed) it is nice to see them with some gold. Only problem I see now is opposition for them. The tag division is poor (Shield vs. PTP, Usos, 3MB, Tons of Funk does not fill me with hope or really interest me) and the mid-card for Ambrose is not much better (Kofi again, Miz). I guess they could defend the belts against upper-card stars like Orton, Sheamus, Team Hell No (again), but it feels like we have already seen those matches a number of times before. Bryan vs. Ambrose and Reigns/Rollins vs. Orton/Sheamus feuds might work I guess (not sure where that leaves Kane though).

I didn't pay much attention to Henry vs Sheamus or Jericho vs Fandango, was doing other things. I didn't pay any attention to the latest round of Swagger vs Del Rio, but I'm intrigued about what happens with Swagger and Zeb from here.

You did not miss much. Henry/Sheamus was really poor. Jericho/Fandango was a fine opener, but I was half asleep when I was watching it and nothing really stood out about it (other than Fandango losing). Swagger/Del Rio was watchable; no better or worse than the other matches they have had in the past.

Add me to the Roman Reigns love-in. In fact, my favourite part of the entire PPV was Reigns shouting at Bryan before kicking him:

"You gonna break my arm? I'm gonna break your FACE!"

Gotta add my name to the Reigns love.

He just oozes 'bad mother fucker' and his promos remind me of the Jake Roberts philosophy where speaking in a somewhat hushed, deliberate tone only makes him a more dangerous character.

Infact I really like all 3 members of The Shield to be honest. Ambrose is the potential 'Loose Cannon' on the group and Rollins has shown more presence and promo skills than I ever dreamed he could as Tyler Black.

• Paid Members

My favorite Reign's moment I think is from TLC where in there promo The Shield are doing the usual shtick talking about justice, team work etc and how they will destroy Kane & Daniel Bryan and then Reigns says in an offhand but totally badass motherfucker way "And also...we just don't like you."

I don't get the main event love from you guys. Why the fuck would you have a match with a monster heel where the monster heel spends the vast majority of the match getting beat up and whining about his knee like a girl? It goes completely against the most basic wrestling formula. It was tedious and I could live happily never seeing the two interact ever again. Their first match was good though.

Just got through watching, was it me, or was this a better show than WrestleMania?I loved The Shield matches. Not only do they work together, they've now proved they can work apart. I like the idea of them all having gold too, adds a good touch of credibility to them and gives them a new volume of feuds available.The strap match was average, but the fact I haven't seen one in ages made up for it, the fact the strap was long enough for Menry to be sitting in the middle of the ring and within touching distance of all four corners seemed odd though - I seem to recall ye olde strap matches having a significantly shorter strap.Swagger/Del Rio was above their usual fare. What I can't understand was the house show I saw in Birmingham last month, they put on an awesome match, yet whenever I see them on TV, the standard seems poorer? The ending was fudged, and to be honest, I can't stand this "restarting matches after TV replay" nonsense. For the sake of consistency, why don't they use it all the time? Still can't warm to Del Rio as a face or heel - I think he lacks charisma.Big Show v Orton was ok, but again, they've had better matches on the house show circuit. This just felt like filler to me.Cena/Ryback was the match of the night, loved it, bar the ending:*RANT BEGINS*This is not an "Anti-Cena" rant, but if the guy is injured, then give him some time to recuperate for God's sake. Would it really hurt, given the fact you've just incorporated a real life injury into a storyline, to give him some time off? Have Ryback claim the title, have him bulldoze over a few cookie cutter faces for a couple of pay per views. Hell, feed him Sheamus and Orton for six months to give him some legit wins over experienced oppositions. Let Cena get better, then have him come back and destroy him and reclaim his place at the top, like babyfaces have in the past.I see nothing to be gained from having your champion and top draw work injured, and have him run the risk of a longer term injury or even burning out given the psychological pressure he's been under in the past 12 months.I appreciate Cena, and while I think his character is stale, he is still the #1 guy, and WWE should protect him, even if he's saying he can work. Giving him a little time of to recover and avoiding a potentially longer term injury can only be good. A win for Ryback after a series of PPV defeats would also benefit him. I can only assume Vince, and the bookers, are just too damned scared to take the belt off him so soon after he's won it.*RANT OVER*Lastly, Lesnar v Triple H was slightly better than I think some people have made out, Lesnar sold the knee well, and I liked Heyman's contribution. The silver sledgehammer looked... odd, kind of like an unlockable on Smackdown v Raw for 1500 restholds or something ;) Only thing I couldn't understand was why this went on last, when Cena v Ryback looked a more suitable main event, especially given the ending.One last thing, who the Hell is that woman who presented the post show waffle? She was Mike Adamle awful...

Only thing I couldn't understand was why this went on last, when Cena v Ryback looked a more suitable main event, especially given the ending.

I would assume that the Lesnar match went last as the non-finish to the Cena/Ryback match would have been pretty flat for a PPV finish. When the trainers were tending to Cena and getting the backboard ready there was a lot of booing from the live fans as they realised that was the end of the match. A PPV ending without someone in the ring and someone's music playing would have been pretty shit - especially if the fans were shitting on it.

Archived