Extreme Rules

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't be surprised if The Shield walked out of the PPV with the US and Tag Titles, would only go to making them look even stronger.

Can't see anything other than them leaving with all the gold.

I had predicted that Ambrose and Rollins would be the tag team pairing out of the trio with Reigns getting the initial singles push. Absolutely massive potential in all 3 as single stars I can't wait to watch their careers unfold.

Ambrose is the man for the initial singles push, leading to Reigns eventually turning Batista style on him

Reigns is too green for the big singles push, the only way it would work is if they did it by having him squash everyone, and they've done that too recently with Ryback.

I thought that Rollins would be the singles guy with Ambrose & Reigns in the tag team. Not because I think Rollins is the best guy, but because they had him atop NXT as the champion first and he got a great match out of Jinder Mahal. That in itself is a huge accomplishment, Mahal is normally about as exciting as watching paint dry, but I digress.

This is shaping up to have serious card of the year potential. I'm not too enamoured with the I Quit stipulation, they could have still had a ladder match with the title match contract in a briefcase. It wouldn't be hard to state that it is NOT a MITB case, Del Rio can do his babyface lucha stuff, Swagger can do his powerhouse "fuck shit up" deal that has worked great recently. I Quit will be too similar in execution to Extreme Rules and Last Man Standing.

I love the Texas Tornado match. With the way The Shield came in blindsiding everyone, I've found a bit odd seeing them work traditional tag matches where they've had to hold the rope and stand on the apron. I'm more used to it now, but the Tornado format will fit their chaotic style much better.

I'm not too enamoured with the I Quit stipulation, they could have still had a ladder match with the title match contract in a briefcase. It wouldn't be hard to state that it is NOT a MITB case, Del Rio can do his babyface lucha stuff, Swagger can do his powerhouse "fuck shit up" deal that has worked great recently. I Quit will be too similar in execution to Extreme Rules and Last Man Standing.

I suspect that due to Ziggler's injury they have been forced to switch planned matches around. I imagine the original plan was triple threat ladder match -> number one contender I quit match -> Del Rio vs. Ziggler. Now I can imagine it being number one contender I quit match -> Del Rio vs. Ziggler (on Smackdown) -> Triple Threat Ladder match (next PPV).

In otherwords, I'm hoping the reason they have scrapped the ladder match is because they are saving it for when Ziggler is healthy. After all the ladder match is really there to push Ziggler's strengths.

Also as much as I want it to happen, I think Sheild will get the tag belts but not the US Title. I imagine they are building up to a Kingston vs. Swagger US Title fued (after all, Swagger has got to be doing something after this fued, and a "foreigner" holding the US title is just a ready made fued for the xenophobic American heel).

• Paid Members

I don't think the I Quit match will be one to drag and drag, more just a submission match. I think the Last Man Stand could be interesting, i'm intrigued by it anyway and i'm starting to really come round to heel Ryback. Worried about where this result may leave him though.

After scoring what was presented as a fluke win at Mania against Jericho, losing to him tonight would really be detrimental to Fandango. Where would he go next? The 2013 mid-card hell of Miz, Wade, Kofi etc? Could spell death. But conversely, where does he go with a win against such a big name? He wont be going up against anybody with that name value or status post PPV, the roster depth simply isn't there.

Archived