DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Why does London mean a trip to the cinema? Surely the cinema is the same anywhere, and just more expensive in London? Shouldn't you be doing London-specific things?

To be fair cinema tickets are cheaper in London than they are in my local cinema on the outskirts of the city.

Oh yeah, the action was second to none, immense immense fun. It had its drawbacks, like I think someone on here (Dead Mike?) saying

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

the last fight was two good guys against a baddie.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();That's not cricket.

Still, in terms of leave your brain behind films, this one was close to the top for me.

EDIT. Spoiler tags.

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

My Twin Peaks journey continues. 'IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN' and the episode I just viewed finally revealed the killer of Laura Palmer... 'OH FUCKING WHAT... SHHHITTT' was my reaction. This series has 16 more episodes left, it better not go to the dogs. Still, amazed though at who the killer was. I love this show. Absolutely love it.

Knowing my tastes as you all should by now, any recommendations? The trailer for Only God Forgives looked decent, but i think D-Mal shat on it

It was crap. It's definitely not a birthday celebration film.

I saw it last night, one of the worst films I have ever seen in the cinema.

• Paid Members
My Twin Peaks journey continues. 'IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN' and the episode I just viewed finally revealed the killer of Laura Palmer... 'OH FUCKING WHAT... SHHHITTT' was my reaction. This series has 16 more episodes left, it better not go to the dogs. Still, amazed though at who the killer was. I love this show. Absolutely love it.

It was a real shocker, especially in the early 90's when it was first on. No internet to spoil it either. Amazing show.

• Paid Members

Watched Alan Partridge last night. I loved every minute of it. Great nods to the series and it had all the main cast in it. Also, during the trailers, people were randomly shouting out famous Partridge quotes. It had the whole cinema laughing their heads off, particularly a slightly elderly man shouting 'Cockadoodle.. WHO'.

• Paid Members

That's one of the next films on my to watch list, i'll report back my findings when I finally see it. Yesterday I watched Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, despite it's horrific ratings and reviews I actually thought it was a fairly fun film and enjoyed it, I can see why it's so hated but I love Stallone so it didn't really bother me.

• Paid Members

Loki's taste is fine, he just needs some guidance sometimes.

They also did a podcast on Over The Top last week which is another terrible Stallone film, but in this case entertainingly so.