DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

By "Standard", you mean "Re-imagined/Stolen".

I'll give you Lion King. But you cant exactly steal things like Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland etc. There are hundreds of adaptions out there of the same work.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I'll give you Lion King.

No thanks, you can keep it. Another fascist tale from uncle Walt.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

But you cant exactly steal things like Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland etc. There are hundreds of adaptions out there of the same work.

Perhaps they fall under the "Re-imagined" tag that I used?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

The Ritual 

It's like a mix of The Descent, Blair Witch and Wrong Turn. 

It's not good. 

Yeah I saw it at the cinema, it's shit.

• Awards Moderator

Went to see Them That Follow at the Edinburgh Film Festival tonight. An unsettling, gripping drama about a small religious community in Appalachia with Walton Goggins playing the evangelical pastor / leader. Goggins is fantastic, as are Olivia Colman, Jim Gaffigan, Kaitlyn Dever, and Alice Englert, who I’d never seen before but was fantastic. 

Well worth seeing if it gets a release near you. Just don’t watch it if you don’t like snakes - it’s got maybe the creepiest snake sequences since Raiders. 

Legally Blonde

Not only is this a funny film with a lot of charm, but Reese Witherspoon is FUCKING EXCELLENT in it. 11/10 

She had a helluva run late 90's to mid 200s did Reese, some belters in there. Election is still an awesome performance.

• Paid Members

Child's Play was about as good as anyone could have hoped it to be. I think Don Mancini's got a right to complain about the reboot of a series that isn't even dead but this was still enjoyable in its own right. Not as good as Curse of Chucky though.