DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Finally caught the recent Murder on the Orient Express. Having not seen other versions I was pleased with how it played out. Great cast but can’t say I loved it. Probably make a great lazy Sunday afternoon film.

Really enjoyed Coco,

even if I saw the twist coming really early

. Even my 4 year old enjoyed it, though the overall concept was obviously lost on her. 

Next up for me is The Shape of Water on Tuesday. Cannot wait for that one

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Mentioning a film has a twist is as bad as giving a spoiler. It's one of my pet peeves. 

Name the last Disney/Pixar animated film that didn’t have one? Plus it’s been out a few weeks now, how long are we supposed to remain spoiler free?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I believe The Shape of Water is on general release on Valentine's Day.  If so, go to that rather than Fifty Shades.  It's beautiful, and there's almost certainly loads more tit than there will be in Fifty Shades anyway.

Just saw this tonight. I expect it will seeep the Oscars. I think I preferred Three Billboards as a film, but this is a piece of art 

• Paid Members

They are really going with this "Fifty Shade of..." stuff aren't they? They should have remade "Emmanuelle" or something, they had some unintentional comedy. "Fifty Shades.." films take themselves so fecking seriously.

6 hours ago, Nick Soapdish said:

Name the last Disney/Pixar animated film that didn’t have one? Plus it’s been out a few weeks now, how long are we supposed to remain spoiler free?

It's been out 12 days, and he's right, that's a spoiler and it's poor form.

Also, Cars 3, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Finding Dory, Monsters University didn't rely on plot twists, and those are the most recent Pixar releases so that 'oh you should know anyway it's obvious' defense is nonsense.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

They are really going with this "Fifty Shade of..." stuff aren't they? They should have remade "Emmanuelle" or something, they had some unintentional comedy. "Fifty Shades.." films take themselves so fecking seriously.

Hastily-edited, shit Twilight fan-fiction though they were, the Fifty Shades series were ludicrously successful financially. No Hollywood studio needs more motivation than that. They're getting their money's worth for what they paid for the rights, which, I'd imagine, was probably a substantial sum.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Hastily-edited, shit Twilight fan-fiction though they were, the Fifty Shades series were ludicrously successful financially. No Hollywood studio needs more motivation than that. They're getting their money's worth for what they paid for the rights, which, I'd imagine, was probably a substantial sum.

True story, in my TV days I worked with a lady called Erika Leonard. She gave me my first crew job for a Kasabian concert. Really sweet woman. She left that company a few months later and then a few years after that became famous for writing Fifty Shades of Gray under the pen name E.L. James. Totally not what I would have expected from her at all. Always the quiet ones though