DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, Carol had the blonde hair, she was dark in Friends too but she really does look different.

Just checked, and you're right - I think it's 'cause she had blonde highlights, so that registered in my head somehow as "blonde". But you're right, she looks really different. Her performance, I think, contributes to that - in Friends she's got a bit of an edge, whereas she's a bit more "willowy", for want of a better word, in BB and Sideways.

• Paid Members

Ah jeez lads, the better half is really looking to see that and while it wasn't tickling my fancy at all, I was hoping when we got round to watching it that it wouldn't be too bad. The tele could well be broke that day when it comes up again as an option to watch. 

Just got in from seeing The Disaster Artist, which I really enjoyed.

How much you'll enjoy it probably depends on how much you know about The Room to begin with. I haven't read Greg Sestero's book (from which the film is adapted), and while I do intend to, the film covers alot of what you can find out from any number of articles if you do a quick Google search which I'm hoping the book has a bit more to reveal. At At 1hr40minutes, they hit the key notes. James Franco trying to replicate Tommy Wiseau's accent is a little jarring, and while he never really nails it any point other than 'that' laugh, you get used to it. If you've not seen The Room, it would pay to watch it beforehand (everyone should see it at least once, its the movie equivalent of saying you've watched King of the Ring 95) but there is still enough to enjoy if you haven't, even though someone on the way did ask "was it a real film then?" even after the title saying "based on a true story" and a bunch of factoids and side-by-side scene comparisons just before the final credits

8/10

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

This new Robert Pattinson film, Good Time, seems to be getting rave reviews and it shouldn't be because it's shite.

Watched Captain Phillips yesterday, much better than the usual drama stuff Tom Hanks does and was actually really good.

The new Jumanji film is loads of fun as well, far funnier than I expected. The Rock can barely do any wrong now and it's made me look forward to a Central Intelligence sequel even more what with him teaming with Kevin Hart again. Karen Gillan was magic too.