DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Talking about sexual assault and BDSM , I watched Mona Lisa on Film4 last week. The main thing I took from it was pondering why Cathy Tyson didn't go on to bigger things. The other was how hot she was. That lanky body. Christ.

Edited by Ladiesman345

Saw A Cure For Wellness last. It's very slow going for the first act, I looked at my watch at one point and was gutted to see we were only 35 minutes into the 2hr30min run time. It picked up a bit in the middle with some genuinely disturbing scenes, but the final 30 minutes were pretty silly and it was quite predictable throughout. Dane DeHann, who plays the lead, came across like a young Pete Campbell so I found it hard to care for his outcome and Jason Isaacs, doing a ropey accent and iffy mad scientist act, left it all feeling a bit underwhelming.

There's far worse films out there, and it's an OK watch but could have really bennifitted from having 30minutes cut from the runtime

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Talking about sexual assault and BDSM , I watched Mona Lisa on Film4 last week. The main thing I took from it was pondering why Cathy Tyson didn't go on to bigger things. The other was how hot she was. That lanky body. Christ.

She was in a zombie film with Bill Pullman that I can't remember the name of.

But yeah, I had many a deep thought about her when I was a teenager.

• Paid Members

The Serpent And The Rainbow. Good film, that. Then she disappeared, turned up in Band Of Gold and promptly disappeared again.

That's the one. I knew there was a rainbow involved, but I could only think of Black Rainbow with Rosanna "better looking than Pat" Arquette.

Pleasing to know that I'm not the only one who much prefers Rosanna to Patricia. I mean, it's not even close in my book.

Not seen many recent pics of either but I did have a crush on Patricia when I was younger based on watching Dream Warriors on repeat every weekend seemingly for two months straight on Bravo

Just got done watching Wolf of Wall Street barely a half hour ago, how its taken me so long to watch it I don't know but I really enjoyed it in spite of its length. DiCaprio is brilliantly hammy during the scenes where his smacked off his tits on various substances, particularly the scene where he takes the LLemon with Jonah Hill's character and it kicks in while he's on the pay phone at the country club

• Paid Members

It's been years since I've seen Nowhere To Run, so I watched it last night.

Great knockers, not a great film.

Black Rainbow's on the Firestick, so I'll rewatch that tonight and decide whether I still prefer her as a brunette.

• Paid Members

I went to see A Cure For Wellness today and unless you're a total twat like me, don't make the same mistake. It's a fucking disaster.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I thought it looked pretty bad from the trailer, glad I haven't wasted my money on it.

I did see Moonlight last night. It's not the complete masterpiece that everybody is claiming but it is very, very good. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Exceptional performances across the board.

Anybody watched Jackie? i was really looking forwards to it but couldn't get on with it. Just didn't like the tone of the film.