DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

He's in a lot of Poundland action film shit now, which is sad really.

If you're in Poundland soon, buy "Killersaurus". British film that I consider the worst film ever. Just horrible. Bad CGI. Bad everything.

i'll keep an eye out.

Always make a point of checking Poundland's media section, such a random selection of movies.

• Paid Members

I was watching that Ronnie O'Sullivan pool hustling thing on History, and in lieu of a trip to the pictures with my lady tongiht found the 1961 classic Paul Newman/Jackie Gleason movie The Hustler is available to download on demand on Sky movies. Not watched it in a couple of years. Cracking picture.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I think The Colo(u)r Of Money is really good as well, but The Hustler is amazing. Not enough good pool films around, really. There are about a million fucking poker ones but only about six about pool.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately Colo(u)r of Money doesn't appear to be on the Sky planner thingy. I may have to dig out a torrent of it.

• Paid Members

Theme tune for "The Colo(u)r of Money" goes right through me..

Must be a few about snooker kicking about. "Billy the Kid and The Great Baize Vampire", which seems to be some random, weird British 80s musical film with Phil Daniels and the guy that played the baddie in "Passenger 57". I'm always meaning to buy it as it sounds so odd. It's on Amazon. You've also got the drama "Number One" (from 1985) with Bob Geldof playing the lead. Mel Smith is in there too. It's on Amazon too, but at nasty prices. I've got the very old VHS version, which I bought from a car-boot sale. All very odd.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I think The Colo(u)r Of Money is really good as well, but The Hustler is amazing. Not enough good pool films around, really. There are about a million fucking poker ones but only about six about pool.

You're welcome

Kiss-Shot.jpg

The Hustler is one of my favourites, need to watch the Color of Money. Are there any other Newman films that are worth watching? I've seen Hustler, Cool Hand Luke and I think it's Butch Classidy that he's in as well. Enjoyed all of em.

The Sting is great, and Towering Inferno is a Bank Holiday treat - the cast list is ridiculous and once you've got over the whole "bloody hell, is there anyone who isn't in this?" it's still just a  really enjoyable film.

• Paid Members

The Hustler is one of my favourites, need to watch the Color of Money. Are there any other Newman films that are worth watching?

Just a few!

All those mentioned above are great. The Sting is his best and one of the best of all time. Hud is also excellent. Cool Hand Luke, Harper, The Drowning Pool, Fort Apache: The Bronx, The Hudsucker Proxy, Nobody's Fool, Where The Money Is - all really good. Plus there are a bunch of his I haven't seen yet that are supposed to be excellent like the Tennessee Williams stuff he did at the start of his career.

• Awards Moderator

Theme tune for "The Colo(u)r of Money" goes right through me..

Must be a few about snooker kicking about. "Billy the Kid and The Great Baize Vampire", which seems to be some random, weird British 80s musical film with Phil Daniels and the guy that played the baddie in "Passenger 57". I'm always meaning to buy it as it sounds so odd. It's on Amazon. You've also got the drama "Number One" (from 1985) with Bob Geldof playing the lead. Mel Smith is in there too. It's on Amazon too, but at nasty prices. I've got the very old VHS version, which I bought from a car-boot sale. All very odd.

I have a mate who considers it his favourite film. He would approve of the level of thought you've given it.