DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

That's on in our local cinema, gotta be worth the £3 a ticket the fella running it charges. Might push the boat out and take the kids.

After some recommendations for this evenings viewing. Looking for something with a good twist that will wash away the emptiness I have after The OA.

• Paid Members

Bone Tomahawk doesn't have a good twist but it does have a great ending and is great.

If you really need a twist, The Sting. Always The Sting.

Kurt Russell's slow progression into understated character roles has been fantastic. Bone Tomahawk is great. I'm gutted he pulled out of Django unchanged because I think he would have ended up with an Oscar for it.

• Paid Members

They're both doing similar things, perhaps that's why.

Kurt's beard was about the only highlight in The Hateful Eight, what a disappointment that was.

I join you in the minority of people that think that was a disappointment. I loved Django and IB before it, but this just dragged!

Watched War on Everyone. Not as good as The Nice Guys

• Paid Members

It just never seemed to go anywhere. Plus he really made a mistake having it as a reunion for all his old favourite, Madsen and Roth were terrible. I was just amazed that I could come out of a Tarantino film (and I've liked all of his except Kill Bill 2) with that cast completely bored.

• Paid Members

It just never seemed to go anywhere. Plus he really made a mistake having it as a reunion for all his old favourite, Madsen and Roth were terrible. I was just amazed that I could come out of a Tarantino film (and I've liked all of his except Kill Bill 2) with that cast completely bored.

I used to think Roth was a good actor. But he suffers from what I now call the Tom Hardy effect. For every one excellent, unique performance he does 3 samey not very good roles

• Paid Members

Bone Tomahawk was a top recommendation. Even Matthew Fox and Patrick Wilson were good in it. James Tolkan pops up to!

Matthew Fox was a revelation. When I saw him in that I thought, "What really?" I mean, when's that guy ever good in anything. But he's the best thing in it and it's got Wilson, Kurt Russell and fucking Richard Jenkins in it. Amazing.