DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Now You See Me was so amazingly shit that I was angry for days that I even contemplated watching it.

Speaking of angry, just saw Split. Pretty good - and then the final scene happened and I am now going to assassinate M. Night Shyamalan.

Nice idea, but you know if you kill him the guy lurking in the background will take off his bearded old janitor mask, and it's just Shyamalan. Congratulations, you killed your uncle.

Not bamboozled by Now You See Me at all; I understood it very well thanks.  The twists in the sequel had me re-think & re-watch it.

I just find Shymalan's films to be overly complicated, given the eventual outcomes (reading the synopsis on the IMDB).  My opinion on The Village was that it was very good, & I've seen it a few times ...

• Paid Members

No, I did like it, Branquey! But I just couldn't abide that last shot at all.

Even so, it was really interesting and restrained, I thought. Anya Taylor Joy is an amazing actress as well, brilliant in this, The VVitch and Morgan as well. Just a massive talent.

• Paid Members

Just finished Eye in the Sky. Really impressed. A surprisingly film tense given that the basis for the whole film is the potential ethical ramifications of a single drone strike. Real edge-of-the-seat stuff. 

• Paid Members

The Bruce Willis reveal, D-Mal? I suppose it was a bit tacked on, but as a huge fan of Unbreakable I was all giddy about seeing Dunn again because that is one sequel I've been craving since I saw it in the flicks nearly...fuck me...17 years ago

McAvoy was incredible at points, particularly in the final third.

Right behind you and milking your prostate on your assessment of Anya Taylor Joy! That lass is special and is going to be revered for years to come.

• Paid Members

McAvoy was superb as well. Didn't really think he had it in him to pull off a role like that.

mim - Eye In The Sky is superb. Saw that at the cinema too, one of the better ones I saw last year.

• Paid Members

Do watch Bee Movie. It's quite funny.

Its the bees knees.

Any way, I liked Prometheus. I can see why some people don't like it though. That said I think if it wasn't part of the alien chain some people wouldn't be so hard on it.