DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Any Daniel Craig films people wish to recommend for me? I watched Layer Cake at the weekend , and find him a very watchable performer. The weird thing about Layer Cake is the fact Sienna Miller features in about three scenes, saying very few lines, yet seemed to feature in a lot of the promo material as if she was a main character. Enjoyable film is my expert analysis.

Watched Trespass Against Us last night. Worth watching because Brendan Gleeson. What a guy, doesn't have much to work with in terms of charachter but he has some great dialogue. Fassbender was pretty good too, thought he'd struggle with the role but he does alright, he's no Brad Pitt in Snatch like.

• Paid Members

Any Daniel Craig films people wish to recommend for me? I watched Layer Cake at the weekend , and find him a very watchable performer. The weird thing about Layer Cake is the fact Sienna Miller features in about three scenes, saying very few lines, yet seemed to feature in a lot of the promo material as if she was a main character. Enjoyable film is my expert analysis.

Layer Cake was a surprise because I expected it to be another shitty British gangster flick but it was excellent.

Enduring Love was alright but outside of that, he hasn't done much outside of the Bond films worth seeing.

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention that I watched I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore last night. It's a Netflix own film but don't let that put you off as it's absolutely great. One of the best thrillers of the decade so far and also VERY funny in parts.

Forgot to mention that I watched I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore last night. It's a Netflix own film but don't let that put you off as it's absolutely great. One of the best thrillers of the decade so far and also VERY funny in parts.

Nice, will give it a go. Hoping to see Its Only The End Of The World at the weekend, the cast alone makes it watchable for me. Seems English speaking critics have panned it whilst French speaking ones loved it.

• Awards Moderator

He's EXCELLENT in Defiance. But his best stuff is on the TV series Our Friends in the North.

He's EXCELLENT in Defiance. But his best stuff is on the TV series Our Friends in the North.

Agreed, Defiance hes great. I'd watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Road to Perdition as well, if you haven't seen them.

• Paid Members

Agreed, Defiance hes great. I'd watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Road to Perdition as well, if you haven't seen them.

As a counter opinion, this is a terrible film.

Thanks for the recommendations! The only other Craig film I've seen was Sone Voices with him and kelly Mcdonald, from about 2000. I seem to recall it was quite good but I haven't seen it in about ten years.

Edited by Ladiesman345

• Awards Moderator

I'd watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Road to Perdition as well, if you haven't seen them.

As a counter opinion, this is a terrible film.

Yeah, that's... shit.

I have no recollection of D. Craig in Road to Perdition. It's a Hanks and Newman vehicle.