DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I'm a big wet girl for saying it, but (500) Days of Summer is fast becoming one of my favourite films. It's boss.

:cry:

:(

:crazy:

I'm a big wet girl for saying it, but (500) Days of Summer is fast becoming one of my favourite films. It's boss.

Aye couldn't agree more. If you want to be more of a girl try watching New Girl. I thought I'd hate it but its fairly decent.

I watched Taken 2 last night and really enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the first but its rare for a sequel to out do the first film in the series. Obviously there was a few things which weren't realistic in the film but you've got to ignore that. Good plot overall

• Paid Members

Went on a Bruce Campbell bender last night while on 'night shift' minding my little girl.

From 10pm to 6am I went through Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Terminal Invasion, Running Time and Crimewave.

I went to bed from 6am until 11am and in that time I had a dream that I was Elliot and Mr.Campbell was ET and we were trying to get into see Sean Bean in Pontins.

Honestly have rose tinted see holes when it comes to Campbell. So much so that I even enjoyed McHales Navy.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
Funnily enough, Branquey Boy, I'm watching Spider-Man 3 on, erm, Watch. His cameo was lovely.

He's a wonderful man, Houchey. I even got giddy during that new Wizard of Oz gig when he bombed in with his obligatory Raimi cameo. Rest of the movie was gik though.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I implore anybody who likes the Bruce lad to watch the new Evil Dead flick and to go full nerd and wait until after the credits.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Right, just putting this out there. I don't like the original Evil Dead movie. I don't know why, I just don't find it to be entertaining.

It's quite an achievement for sure - considering what Raimi et al had to go through to get it made - but I find Evil Dead 2 to be a Nigerian's bassoon ahead of it's predecessor in both style and substance.

I'll even say the 2013 pseudo-sequel is streets ahead in terms of entertainment.

• Moderators

Yeah.. there's pretty much no need to ever watch the original, given that number 2 is essentially a remake of it and much better.

Really enjoyed the bit of Campbell's book that talks about the making of those first two films though, along with his little fag packet sketches of the makeshift equipment they built to get the required shots.

• Paid Members
Yeah.. there's pretty much no need to ever watch the original, given that number 2 is essentially a remake of it and much better.

Really enjoyed the bit of Campbell's book that talks about the making of those first two films though, along with his little fag packet sketches of the makeshift equipment they built to get the required shots.

The audio commentary is probably the only reason I'd watch the original, and even at that, I ripped it to mp3 anyway along with his other commentaries for either sleepy time or long drives, if I get bored pretending to be Ryan Gosling while listening to the Drive soundtrack/score.

'Chins' is fantastic. It's my favourite Hollywood memoir/bio out there. John Leguizamo's pushes it close though.

Have you read/listened to Make Love, The Bruce Campbell Way? Quite funny. Quite...

• Paid Members

The first Evil Dead is cool to watch as a low budget companion to its sequel and, like Chest said, Campbell's book adds to it (camera on a plank on a bike FTW!) but if you want to watch Evil Dead you watch the sequel its just better in every way and was basically just a remake in all but name. Ive not seen the new one yet but will hopefully catch it this week. I did try and sit through the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween again yesterday. God its a dog egg of a film, just terrible in every way. I really don't see the point in it. It spends a third of the film setting up an unneeded back story which manages to have far less effect than the amazing opening of the original and is totally void of anything resembling a scare. I really don't like Zombie as a director at all. I was going to watch his sequel as well but really can't be arsed