DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

He's a superb actor - I particularly liked him in Summer Of Sam, which seems a fairly underrated movie as I think it's brilliant.

• Paid Members
He's a superb actor - I particularly liked him in Summer Of Sam, which seems a fairly underrated movie as I think it's brilliant.

Hollywood seems to have him pegged in the Cuba Gooding Jr/Ray Liotta/ Christian Slater Direct to DVD mob, but he's just a joy to watch. The most entertaining thing in Spawn, Gamer and Romeo & Juliet by a stretch.

If you're a fan of that man, Loki, this book is a must. I never ever laugh out loud - as I find myself to be too self involved and wannabe cool to do so - but this got me snorting on more than two occasions. : Pimps, Ho's Playa Hatas...

MotherFUCKER. Just logged into my Amazon account for the first time in a few months, to discover my Wishlists have all been erased!

That's 10 years of browsing and finding interesting shit gone. I've also lost all order histories, everything.

Ah well - fresh start and all that.

EDIT: and it's back, panic over! I do need to clear it up though.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Went to see Evil Dead last night and while I enjoyed it, it just seemed like a horror by numbers and was just your typical stuff you'd see kids in cabin fighting the undead or whatever, the characters were all terrible aswell apart from the main one. Did it's job though but for me it was no where near as good as The Hills Have Eyes or Dawn of the Dead remakes.

The biggest problem with Evil Dead is that it relies on the gore (which was by far the best part of the whole stinker) and little else and the shake up towards the end with SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Mia coming back and turning out to be the lone survivor

felt like a desperate attempt to surprise people. Also the Exorcist dialogue resulted in laughter which I don't think was the intention.

Iron Man 3 was very good. It nails everything you want to see from an Iron Man film. Downey is excellent, some very funny moments, and moves along at a great pace. Thought the final scene was slightly disappointing, and Cheadle isn't very good, but apart from that, very good.

Do not stay for the bonus part after the credits, though. If you do, you'll definitely have a "we waited all that time just for that?" reaction. To save you time, all that happens:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

There's a 20 second clip of Stark and Banner doing some councelling, which isn't particularly funny, and that's it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Dai

Bronson

I watched this with the girlfriend the other day as it was on offer for a fiver in Asda. I was pleased by it as I've never heard of Charles Bronson before. From watching the film I had no idea Tom Hardy was the one playing Bronson. Fair play to Hardy he did great in the role and even participated in some full nudity which is never something you'd want to see from a bloke. After finding out Hardy was Bronson I couldn't help but think it may have been a influence to why he played Bane in the recent Batman. I'd recommend the film but it's not a must see film.

• Paid Members
It won't just have been me. Only total wankers don't think it's one of the greatest films of all time.

That's how I feel about Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. I feel that strongly, that if anyone were to disagree to my face - man, woman or child - I'd Archie Slap them.

Last night, I watched Predator on Film 4, and Arnies battle roar from atop the tree is the manliest thing I have ever witnessed on celluloid.

I then proceeded to watch Death Race : Inferno because Death Race 2 is a guilty pleasure of mine, and the 9 year old Branquey would have spat in my face for saying this, but I think Luke Goss can be bad ass when he wants to be.

Inferno is more of the same, but the worst in the trilogy and suffers from Uwe Boll style editing at points. Far from me to complain about a random shot of a nude chick showering for the sake of piquing the male viewerships interest though. But the length or her bumcrack was too short for my liking. Deceptive when you saw her in jeans.

I then rounded off the night with one of my fave movies of all time ; La Strada. A beautiful movie, and one that actually makes me go inside myself and think like an adult. I would put Giulietta Masina's absolutely captivating performance up against any before or since this movie.

• Paid Members
It won't just have been me. Only total wankers don't think it's one of the greatest films of all time.

That's how I feel about Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. I feel that strongly, that if anyone were to disagree to my face - man, woman or child - I'd Archie Slap them.

I tried finding this online recently with no success, really wanted to watch it as I was doing a season of 1970s crime films.