Racist / Homophobic / Offensive Things Your Family Has Said

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator
Simania's word filter on Real In Memphis where the word "Rangers" is changed to "dirty orange bastards", making the word "strangers" into "stdirty orange bastards".

Yes! I remember this filter. The same one that turns any mention of "Meltzer" or "Dave Meltzer" into "Mrs Angle", "Ogawa" into "ratboy" and, most bizarrely, "no mo" into "kayfabe!"

Am I right in thinking TWCF once did a similar thing with 'JBL'?

We're veering off-topic (sorry) but I remember a similar filter on a board I used to post on. You couldn't talk about the Gobbeldy Gooker, I remember, because it refused 'gook', and there were loads of other problems with banned words; if the last two letters of one word and the first couple of the next word made a banned word, you couldn't post, same for the banned word appearing in the middle of a word somewhere. You had to trawl through your entire post to try and figure out where it was.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
Simania's word filter on Real In Memphis where the word "Rangers" is changed to "dirty orange bastards", making the word "strangers" into "stdirty orange bastards".

Yes! I remember this filter. The same one that turns any mention of "Meltzer" or "Dave Meltzer" into "Mrs Angle", "Ogawa" into "ratboy" and, most bizarrely, "no mo" into "kayfabe!"

Am I right in thinking TWCF once did a similar thing with 'JBL'?

We're veering off-topic (sorry) but I remember a similar filter on a board I used to post on. You couldn't talk about the Gobbeldy Gooker, I remember, because it refused 'gook', and there were loads of other problems with banned words; if the last two letters of one word and the first couple of the next word made a banned word, you couldn't post, same for the banned word appearing in the middle of a word somewhere. You had to trawl through your entire post to try and figure out where it was.

Must have been a bit shit if you were from Scunthorpe.

• Paid Members
Aside from the obvious ones like wog box, paki shop and 'order in a chinky',

You're only a mention of "Fritz the Bratwurst guzzler" or "the sausage-munching Bosch" away from the Darryl episode of Peep Show. Get your cor Anglais on the go.

Aside from the obvious ones like wog box, paki shop and 'order in a chinky',

You're only a mention of "Fritz the Bratwurst guzzler" or "the sausage-munching Bosch" away from the Darryl episode of Peep Show. Get your cor Anglais on the go.

"He was my first friend since Nick Bickford in 95, and I don't think he really liked me"

• Paid Members
Speaking of dogs - and this is one that's come from the elderly work colleagues - apparently it used to be quite common for black labradors to be called Nigger. Said colleagues didn't quite grasp why this would now be considered unthinkable.

Yeah my Nan said as a kid, her neighbours had a dog called Nigger. I couldn't believe it when I first heard it.

a female friend of mine referring to an encounter with a drunken lesbian once used the phrase "Get your filthy cunt chops off of me".

Ha, cunt chops. What did the lesbian woman say? There's a fat lesbian girl who lives on my parents road and my Dad refers to her as Fish Fingers.

It's a Welsh thing. We're all odd.

Please tell me there's a Mick the morgue, a Johnny the jobcentre and a Becky the brothel as well :)

• Paid Members
There's a fat lesbian girl who lives on my parents road and my Dad refers to her as Fish Fingers.

OK, this thread has hit my breaking point.

FISH FINGERS! I'm fighting back giggles right now.

• Paid Members

I would assume the popularity for calling a black dog 'Nigger' comes from The Dambusters film.

Needless to say, the dog in the Peter Jackson remake will be called something different.

EDIT: Houchen beat me to it

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Moderators
In "The Dam Busters", the dog was called Nigger. A few people, the usual idiots, went all PC gone mad when the looney left BBC edited it out when showing it on TV.

There's a bit in The Office where Gareth refers to this in front of David Brent, because Ricky Gervais loves being able to have another character say nigger on TV then pull a face and say "Oh, no. Racist :(" the have-his-cake-and-eat-it fake-irony prick.