Racist / Homophobic / Offensive Things Your Family Has Said

Devon Malcolm

What is the "caste" in "half-caste" derived from? It's probably something really obvious. Half-caste was actually an acceptable word to use when I was a child, but it now seems rather un-pc.

The casualness of some racism is astonishing, not just casual,but lounging around in your pants type of casual. There's a video on Youtube filmed in Glasgow Showing a man recording, and talking to a dwarf Asian fellow. The video is entitled "Midget Paki". Lovely.

And I've just checked the video, and the uploader has seen sense! He's renamed it "Wee Pakistani Midget"

He still utters the words midget paki though in the video.

What is the "caste" in "half-caste" derived from? It's probably something really obvious. Half-caste was actually an acceptable word to use when I was a child, but it now seems rather un-pc.

It is derived from the term Caste, which comes from the Latin castus, meaning pure, and the derivative Portuguese and Spanish casta, meaning race.

It is derived from the term Caste, which comes from the Latin castus, meaning pure, and the derivative Portuguese and Spanish casta, meaning race.

Wow, cheers, now I can see why it's a frowned upon term. NOT PURE. That's some Hitler shit right there.

• Moderators

Edit: In response to Houchen's post about BET

You ever watch it? I have checked it out a couple times when I noticed it was on Sky.

Fuck, it's terrible.

That's not what happened.

I said it was something I read somewhere that I didn't have a hard time believing you fucking prick.

Well then, I refer you back to my post. Whoever wrote that is a fucking idiot, as are you for believing it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

There was an article online on a website where the editor had clearly done a find/replace on "black" for "African American", and accidentally applied it to an instance where the article was referring to the colour black and not the race.

The Christian news website OneNewsNow still word filters "gay" and as such, poor Tyson Gay is known as Tyson Homosexual.

• Moderators
Yeah, Chest, it's awful. Chuck D reckons it has set back black equality by years!

Yeah. At first I stuck it on for the chart show, and I thought it was just benign and shoddy, like an American Channel U. But it's much worse than that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

There was an article online on a website where the editor had clearly done a find/replace on "black" for "African American", and accidentally applied it to an instance where the article was referring to the colour black and not the race.

The Christian news website OneNewsNow still word filters "gay" and as such, poor Tyson Gay is known as Tyson Homosexual.

So Marvin Gaye would be Marvin Homosexuale?

So Marvin Gaye would be Marvin Homosexuale?

Very possibly, sort of like the Simania's word filter on Real In Memphis where the word "Rangers" is changed to "dirty orange bastards", making the word "strangers" into "stdirty orange bastards". The Gay word filter came to light before the Beijing Olympics.

• Paid Members
Simania's word filter on Real In Memphis where the word "Rangers" is changed to "dirty orange bastards", making the word "strangers" into "stdirty orange bastards".

Yes! I remember this filter. The same one that turns any mention of "Meltzer" or "Dave Meltzer" into "Mrs Angle", "Ogawa" into "ratboy" and, most bizarrely, "no mo" into "kayfabe!"