Another fun, well-booked wrestling show. My only gripe was them not making the Swann/Moose match a unification. Like, you've literally just sanctioned the title... surely the endgoal is to have them unified and the TNA title slowly phased out.

Never mind.

The main event was fun. Two big ol' boys beating each other up.

3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Another fun, well-booked wrestling show. My only gripe was them not making the Swann/Moose match a unification. Like, you've literally just sanctioned the title... surely the endgoal is to have them unified and the TNA title slowly phased out.

I'm not quite following what's going on here. Did they, at one point, sanction a new "Impact" world title that replaced the TNA title? Why are there two belts right now? I'm sure this all makes sense if you're a long time viewer, but I'm not. 

The show was fun to watch, although I bloody hate Jake Something's name, and I don't see it growing on me. The Tony Khan ads are getting a bit long in the tooth. It's starting to feel a little like when a comedy sketch show runs an ongoing joke into the ground. 

17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not quite following what's going on here. Did they, at one point, sanction a new "Impact" world title that replaced the TNA title? Why are there two belts right now? I'm sure this all makes sense if you're a long time viewer, but I'm not. 

The show was fun to watch, although I bloody hate Jake Something's name, and I don't see it growing on me. The Tony Khan ads are getting a bit long in the tooth. It's starting to feel a little like when a comedy sketch show runs an ongoing joke into the ground. 

I think Scott D’Amore was being a clever cunt, and got one over Moose by granting him what he wanted... a world title match. Only he quickly sanctioned Moose’s title and gave the shot to Jake Something, who had a new score to settle with Moose.

I thought it made sense.

Moose is a deluded prick who’s been carrying round a pretend title to validate himself. I don’t know the origins of the pretend title but presume they replaced the TNA title with the Impact one when they rebranded.

Considering he’s definitely going to win, I’d have thought, a nice bow to put on the show would have been to make the match at Sacrifice a unification and bring an end to the fake title stuff.

I really like Moose, FWIW. I think he’s great. I wish he wouldn’t do a flip when he hit the spear, but besides that he’s top draw.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

From my memory, he seemed to be claiming to be the real World Champion after he lost another title match, using an old TNA belt that randomly was now on white leather after they replaced that belt during their initial Impact rebranding, so like if when Lance Storm changed the US belt in WCW to the Canadian one, someone started carrying around the old US belt and claiming it was more important.

• Paid Members

I've not watched Impact since it was on The Wrestling Channel, but decided to drop in this thread to see what was going on with their little AEW thing they have going on. I'd seen the name Jake Something mentioned and honestly thought he had a mega-long, hard to pronounce name. Never imagined someone would think to call themselves Jake Something. Is there a story behind it or anything, because it's shit!

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

“If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. So I choose to stand for something... Jake Something.”

Something like that.

Fuck me, that's ...Genesis of McGillicutty levels of bad(the words, not how it was delivered)...