Chalk me down as another TNA boy who doesn't want to see the AEW cool kids showing up. It feels a bit like a chirpy supply teacher barging into your free period for some fun productivity, when all you want to do is practice rolling joints down the back, scratching DJ names into the table with your compass. 

• Paid Members

That was weird.

Impact made themselves look so small time with all the hype for Omega and AEW. It felt exactly like old school TNA when they'd shit over their own roster every time an ex-WWE or WCW guy would turn up. It was full on "A Proper Star is here" tonight!! stuff. Omega comparing their titles to comic books that he's not particularly arsed about having is one thing, because he's an obnoxious dickhead heel. But having Rich Swann, their supposed top guy, doing the "Don't you know who I am?" bit to the security guard just made him look like a loser. What was the point in that?

I *know* Swann isn't on Omega's level, and Impact isn't on AEW's. I don't want to be reminded of that when I'm watching Impact though!

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Sami C will forever be small time.

Could really do without another Callihan v Eddie Edwards feud. Edwards is being dragged down by being continually associated with him if anything.

I didn't mind OVE but Callihan is floundering a bit now, not sure he's worth much on his own.

About fucking time they pushed Moose to the moon. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's been great since turning heel.

The bloke used to be a regular in the NFL, its madness that a company of Impact's size isn't milking that for all the mainstream press they can garner. Thankfully it seems that the direction of travel is heading that way.

People say that Impact don't have a proper main eventer, but they have one right under their noses if pushed right.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Could really do without another Callihan v Eddie Edwards feud. Edwards is being dragged down by being continually associated with him if anything.

Edwards doesn't need any help being dragged down. It's mental how overpushed that guy is. He's fine but not nearly as good as they seem to think he is.

Edited by DavidB6937

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

About fucking time they pushed Moose to the moon. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's been great since turning heel.

The bloke used to be a regular in the NFL, its madness that a company of Impact's size isn't milking that for all the mainstream press they can garner. Thankfully it seems that the direction of travel is heading that way.

People say that Impact don't have a proper main eventer, but they have one right under their noses if pushed right.

Put me down as another huge Moose mark! His look and charisma are so great that they carry him past the fact that his matches are generally bang average from a work rate perspective.

When I first saw him in Impact I was honestly surprised no one else had picked him up before then. Not only is he a proven athlete but he dresses like a star, carries himself like one and looks like he could kick your arse. What more could you want in a pro wrestler?

33 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Its mad to think how much money he left on the table in leaving the NFL though isn't it?

He can't be on much more than $120k a year at Impact, and doesn't seem very prolific on the indies to top that up either.

I don’t believe anyone is making a fulltime living at Impact Wrestling. If they do, where is Impact getting all the money from!? No house shows and they have like 150k viewers a week.

I bet 75% of the roster is also doing construction or the local grocery store parttime to get fully around. Nothing wrong with that though. 

Edited by LWOLeN