Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Impact is the easiest and most fun watch in wrestling. Just ignore Tommy Dreamer and Eddie Edwards.

  • Moderators
Posted
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

A moment please to appreciate Joe Doering’s spectacular coat.

 

E94E87AA-5F6E-4D0A-87A3-275B634F3384.jpeg

Joe Doering has the best look in wrestling. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 1/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to watch it in full, so just queued all the highlights videos from the official YouTube page and watched those.

Studio set up didn’t bother me, if anything it made it feel like a throwback just for-TV local area US wrestling broadcast.

My favourite moment was Shamrock popping up as I had no idea Shamrock was with Impact and he’s great.

There was some fun stuff there. I’ll keep watching, even if I have to do it the YouTube way.

My initial impressions were Jazz is fantastic, the women’s title promo segment was good, Tommy Dreamer is garbage, Rich Swann is a good promo, Kenny Omega is a proper throwback star, Sami Callahan can piss off. 
 

A good rule in wrestling is if you have to keep pulling your trousers up, you’re probably shit.

Is the only way to watch Hard to Kill on FITE for 20 quid? Probably skip that tbh ?

*edit* just downloaded the Impact Plus app to see what it was all about. Looks like last nights show has been uploaded in full there. Is that a regular thing? That’s pretty cool.

FreeSports app also have it

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Read a lot of good reports about last night's show and yet no post from @garynysmon. Anyone received a ransom demand for his release?

Too busy laughing at Leeds Utd sorry.

Yeah, was a good show to be fair. Felt like a bit of a prelim to next week's PPV, being a standalone show without massively impacting on ongoing storylines.

That's what these Impact Plus specials should be I suppose.

The Willie Mack v Moose match was cracking though, well worth checking out.

Edited by garynysmon
  • Paid Members
Posted

Haven't heard Striker for years on a regular basis. But I can't see how it would be a bad thing as they desperately needed a change, Josh Matthews was sucking the life out of the product (which is lifeless enough without a crowd).

Posted
2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Haven't heard Striker for years on a regular basis. But I can't see how it would be a bad thing as they desperately needed a change, Josh Matthews was sucking the life out of the product (which is lifeless enough without a crowd).

Good job Striker has the baton passed to him then. He was really cack in 2011 or whatever, did he ever get better or did he get worse than saying 'I'M MARKING OUT' and getting proper rightly rinsed for it.

Lawler couldn't stand the sight of him could he.

Posted

I really enjoyed Striker in Lucha Underground, well the first season anyway. I thought he did a really good job of calling the action and putting over stories, sometimes essentially by himself because whilst Vampire could sometimes be wildly (intentionally?) entertaining, as often as not he'd be a fucking hindrance.

 

Posted

A change was definitely needed! The current commentary was so lifeless. D'Lo can be hilarious, and when Striker has been on commentary for Impact in the past, he has sounded ok.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...