• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

I don’t believe anyone is making a fulltime living at Impact Wrestling. If they do, where is Impact getting all the money from!? No house shows and they have like 150k viewers a week.

The economy of scale is much more realistic than it was,  I've read with regularity that most are on something between $80k-$150k these days so clearly nothing like Panda/Dixie Carter money. Obviously being able to work indies and only having to commit 4-5 days a month to Impact means the scope is there to make quite a lot more.

Anthem is a pretty big company and owns the Fight Network (and AXS) and a couple of international combat channels, so it fills up a lot of their programming blocks in a similar fashion to ROH's owners. While you're obviously not talking anywhere near Tony Khan levels, its not WrestleXpress level stuff either.

The India TV deal alone is worth $3m a year although I'm sure they're not getting anything like that from Premier Sports in the UK.

Let's put it this way, no cheques are bouncing and its probably a smaller but more stable ship than its ever been.

46 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Its mad to think how much money he left on the table in leaving the NFL though isn't it?

He can't be on much more than $120k a year at Impact, and doesn't seem very prolific on the indies to top that up either.

I don't think Moose chose to leave the NFL, the NFL chose to leave Moose I feel

• Paid Members

Presumably the point was of AEW's big timing on this show was to make AEW the heels to impact fans in this inter promotional thing. Impact will be the small fish, so make aew look like cocky dicks on impact  swanning in and big timing everyone and then you make impact look like insecure, angry  jerks on dynamite.

• IANdrewDiceClay changed the title to TNA Thread - It's newsworthy again!
12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Its mad to think how much money he left on the table in leaving the NFL though isn't it?

He can't be on much more than $120k a year at Impact, and doesn't seem very prolific on the indies to top that up either.

I’d never heard of him in the NFL, looks like he had a decent run in terms of time spent there but was very much a journeyman. Safe to say he didn’t exactly leave the NFL of his own accord to go wrestling or anything. 

More Baron Corbin or that Tino Sabbatelli guy than Gronk or McAfee. 

• Paid Members

Sounds to me that its a pretty safe assumption that Omega will be defeating Rich Swann for the belt at the January PPV then and carrying on with his "belt collector" gimmick.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-kenny-omega-to-headline-impact-wrestling-pay-per-views

If that is the match then I hope to god they get permission to hold the show at Daily's place or something, or anywhere outdoors where they can get a couple of fans in at least. Its virtually impossible to make anything seem special at those empty studios at Nashville.

On a side note, I can't believe they haven't had Johnny Swinger on to promote the next Impact PPV by urging people to call their local cable company or their local closed circuit theatre yet.

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of bringing back old TNA pay per view names, but interesting that this is taking place just a week before the Hard to Kill PPV. 

Clearly something's building with most probably a Kenny Omega match.

I thought that Saturday's show, Final Resolution, was pretty good too. Would definitely recommend going back to watch the main event if nothing else.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

As much as I enjoy his matches, I must admit I do find Rich Swann a difficult choice as the World champion. He's good but he just doesn't feel at that level to me.

Yeah, don't disagree tbh. His size is a bit of a problem for me.

Firmly in the "strap a rocket to Moose and fire him to the top" camp personally, although the Kenny Omega stuff probably represents a fly in that ointment for now at least.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Say what you want about Impact - even slightly improved on last week it’s still the deadest television show ever - but you’ve got to give them credit. They’ve managed to squeeze at least three show’s worth of Kenny Omega footage out of what was almost certainly just one day of filming. WWE need to take note. I never understood why Brock would vanish for months at a time when they had the ability to film tonnes of promos and backstage vignettes with him that they could air sporadically.

This is enough to keep me coming back though. Always got time for the Machine Guns.

3498CB61-666D-4B82-A273-F6B59D905682.thumb.jpeg.1d396d1e98ee0ecce7a0feadc749b970.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Say what you want about Impact - even slightly improved on last week it’s still the deadest television show ever - but you’ve got to give them credit. They’ve managed to squeeze at least three show’s worth of Kenny Omega footage out of what was almost certainly just one day of filming. WWE need to take note. I never understood why Brock would vanish for months at a time when they had the ability to film tonnes of promos and backstage vignettes with him that they could air sporadically.

This is enough to keep me coming back though. Always got time for the Machine Guns.

How much of a star does Kenny Omega come across as now though, both in Impact and AEW? I genuinely considered him to be a total dweeb up until a couple of weeks ago but fair play, Callis and a change in demeanour is bringing out the best in him. Might just be me but given his AAA exploits etc, he comes across as way more of a genuine star than any of the WWE's top boys right now.

I'd imagine that the Good Brothers will pop up on Dynamite tonight as his "protection" and carry on that crossover between both promotions going forward.

As funny as the Tony Khan/Schiavone promos are, Impact really need to 'retaliate' in some way soon as its all one way traffic on top of people's existing perceptions. 

Glad to see the Swing Man back on Impact this week too.

Edited by garynysmon