Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, garynysmon said:

But when your real name's Monty Sopp I suppose you're cursed!

Could have been William pistol, there have been worse names that TNA has run with in their time 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Apparently Bound for glory 2008 is on some random sky channel now, 192, if anyone is interested. 

Any reason a show from over 10 years ago is getting replayed? 

Edited by Tommy!
  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Apparently Bound for glory 2008 is on some random sky channel now, 192, if anyone is interested. 

Any reason a show from over 10 years ago is getting replayed? 

They've been showing every PPV in order* every Saturday for a good while.

* Almost. I got a laugh when they showed the December "Final Resolution 2008" instead of the January "Final Resolution 2008". That's some TNA ass shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

They've been showing every PPV in order* every Saturday for a good while.

* Almost. I got a laugh when they showed the December "Final Resolution 2008" instead of the January "Final Resolution 2008". That's some TNA ass shit.

Well I never knew that. Did they start from 04?

I gave up on them around 2007 / 2008, is there anything worth looking out for they'll have on in the coming weeks? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Well I never knew that. Did they start from 04?

I gave up on them around 2007 / 2008, is there anything worth looking out for they'll have on in the coming weeks? 

I'm not sure if they've been on since the very start. I only caught-on that they were doing it from around mid-2005.

They're just catching up to the Main Event Mafia start now so there'll definitely be some good shit in there. I actually can't remember much of how the PPVs as a whole were around then (the TV was great), but in terms of individual matches next Saturday's has a great (and underrated) Nash vs Joe match and Angle vs Abyss in a fun falls count anywhere. 2 weeks after that should have the Angle vs Jarrett street fight, which is the best match in the company's history.

 

 

Posted

Channel 192 becomes the Fight Network after a certain time at night. Fight Network is owned by Anthem who also own Impact Wrestling. It's a good way to use their catalogue. Channel 192's resolution and framerate is really bad though, put me off watching.

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, danlewis said:

Have to say, Kahoneys is a fucking perfect snide replacement name for Balls Mahoney.

It is, and far better than the other example from that show - Tony Mamaluke becoming "Tony Luke" as a cheap gag - Tony Luke's being a restaurant chain that originated in Philadelphia.

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 hours ago, danlewis said:

Have to say, Kahoneys is a fucking perfect snide replacement name for Balls Mahoney.

It would be if Taz & Tenay weren't pissing themselves at it every time it was mentioned or just ignoring it and calling him balls. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Impact have stripped Tessa Blanchard of the World Title and sacked her. 

Seems like they asked her to do the bare minimum while in Mexico to promote her upcoming match and the consensus was she wasn't even going to make the match itself. 

Absolutely barmy. 

Posted

Where do you guys think her career goes from here? What with the #speakingout movement currently still rolling I think she's pretty much fucked it. Shame as on her day she is tremendous.... she's just too much up her own arse to notice. Another "what could have been" or do you think she can turn it around? 

Posted

I really hope that she can sort out her attitude problem, she’s fantastic and still incredibly young with room to grow.

The sad thing is, if this is the beginning of the end of her career then it’s almost impossible to feel sorry for someone who’s done so much self-sabotage to herself. 

Perhaps she just isn’t happy Wrestling right now, hopefully she does what she needs to do to sort herself out.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I really hope that she can sort out her attitude problem, she’s fantastic and still incredibly young with room to grow.

The sad thing is, if this is the beginning of the end of her career then it’s almost impossible to feel sorry for someone who’s done so much self-sabotage to herself. 

Perhaps she just isn’t happy Wrestling right now, hopefully she does what she needs to do to sort herself out.

Echo yours feelings mate, she really is a special talent and I'm hoping she can sort it out, if not then get Tully on the blower quick sharp to cut a promo on her like he did Shawn Spears....... oh fuck she's gonna be the tag partner he's been searching for isn't she??

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...