Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

When my cynical side comes out, pics like that one bug me, in that each of those guys was likely on a downside the majority of non-WWE wrestlers could only dream of, no doubt saving a hefty chunk of it along the way. To give it the big "I am" having just stepped in on the mid- and top-rung of another promotion, thereby taking spots from less-well-off workers who're not as financial comfortable to afford to play around and indulge their "want to contribute", seems pretty rum.

I know what you're saying, but Impact's roster had been left with massive holes in the upper and midcard that no obvious internal names were ready to fill. This isn't the same as previous TNA signings from the WWE that were pushed to the moon at the expense of your AJ Styles' etc.

For instance, Ace Austin has a lot of upside and is being programmed for a feud with Anderson and Gallows. That can only boost his career at this stage, being only 23.

They could just as easily have had Eric Young or EC3 capture the world title on Sunday, but instead rewarded loyal Eddie Edwards. I'm not that worried about it tbh.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

Karl Anderson looks like a gnome in that picture, EC3 does indeed look like Kurrgan. Unsurprisingly Big Luke Gallows looks cool, absolutely love LG. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just seen a clip of Johnny Swinger doing a out of time veteran in Zubaz and doing a incredibly light handshake to a interviewer. It's way too inside, won't go anywhere, and it's Johnny Swinger, but it was pretty funny. 

Posted
21 hours ago, gmoney said:

Just seen a clip of Johnny Swinger doing a out of time veteran in Zubaz and doing a incredibly light handshake to a interviewer. It's way too inside, won't go anywhere, and it's Johnny Swinger, but it was pretty funny. 

It's Impact's best character by a mile.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Johnny Swinger has never been over in any company he's worked for, and now aged 45 has stumbled across the best character in his life. Proof its never to late, I suppose.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Johnny Swinger has never been over in any company he's worked for, and now aged 45 has stumbled across the best character in his life. Proof its never to late, I suppose.

That's true. I barely remember him in ECW.

Apparently his name was just banded about in a booking meeting when they were thinking of an 80s throwback and Scott D'Amore thought he'd be ideal for it.

BTW, Slammiversary is on free TV tomorrow night.

 

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

Wrestle House is a new skit starting this week on Impact. Johnny Swinger is the fucking man- so brilliant.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've not watching Impact in years but it's honestly got me chuffed that Cody Deaner is still knocking about. Him and ODB were a great little pairing back around 10 years ago.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The recent cull has been a blessing for me as I don't like intergender wrestling and detested Joey Ryan's dick flipping nonsense.

Now if they can sack off Katie Forbes too that would be great.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Impact are now the Underdog I didn't know I needed. They have been consistent for a while now, but they have genuine intrigue around them now and I think that not having the 'number 2' company tag could do wonders for them. Everyone talks AEW / WWE, but with Impact and NWA Powerrr (future undecided), there are two consistent and inoffensive shows that don't have the tedious arguements about who's better attached. 

Posted

When and where (on British telly) can Impact be seen these days?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...