Taking shots at WWE is a fine line to walk. Whenever anything WWE related is used they need to make themselves look supiror. "Accentuate the positives and hide the negatives" and all that bollocks. That picture does neither of those things. If they had done that with a better design on a 2006 Samoa Joe it would have worked a treat.

For the first time in a long time TNA don't have a single catagory which they surpass WWE in. When the x-diviosion, women's and tag division were at their strongest they had something to point at and say "this is better." Now they are weaker than ever while WWE are in a very strong position.

Unless the picture was taken with Lashley standing in front of a large fridge door then I can't see how they've had the skills to cut around him so well and yet do such a terrible job with the other graphics. It has to be some kind of joke. Somewhere in America there's a graphic designer thanking their lucky stars that GFW and TNA exist.

• Paid Members
Unless the picture was taken with Lashley standing in front of a large fridge door then I can't see how they've had the skills to cut around him so well and yet do such a terrible job with the other graphics.

Some executive probably gave an intern an already-cut out PNG or PSD of Lashley and said,

• Paid Members

That's something I did using PowerPoint 12 years ago in the sixth form. Fucking appalling to have something like that on a website in this day and age.

Seriously I can't get over how shit these are, memes put together by children are better than this shit.

They should redesign the TNA logo in comic sans.

Edited by PunkStep

Taking shots at WWE is a fine line to walk.
I'm not sure it is, I think it's a crap line to walk and they should avoid it.

Oh yeah it's a crap one too, no denying that. There are ways it could have worked at times, but it would take a lot more effort than a PowerPoint presentation on Bobby Lashley to justify such a stupid stunt

• Paid Members
That's something I did using PowerPoint 12 years ago in the sixth form. Fucking appalling to have something like that on a website in this day and age.

Seriously I can't get over how shit these are, memes put together by children are better than this shit.

They should redesign the TNA logo in comic sans.

They look like those posters redesigned with just clipart

They should use a single red 'x' as their new logo.

Found this one on their homepage. None of the images have been cut out properly & Velvet has had her legs & arm chopped off. Its ironically for which knockout is going to get a banner made of them.

8c932a39e17b7dffa1a2269b566245fe_L.jpg

The question marks just make it look like the creator made it and immediately afterwards had no idea about what they just done.

...hang on are we not supposed to know who the women are?

That's the feel of the image.

Edited by FireBrand

Maybe we should have a "design an Impact Wrestling poster in MS Paint" thread. Anyway, since these banners look like some kid just discovered clip-art in publisher, I thought I'd give one a real professional makeover. Dixie, if you're reading this, PM me and we'll negotiate some sort of artwork deal.

LASHLEY.jpg

• Paid Members

Looks like Angle will be gone soon. His deal is up after the next set of tapings.

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on the Ross Report with WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross today. Among the topics, Angle revealed his contract with TNA expires on September 21. He was offered another contract by TNA but turned it down because his next wrestling contract will be his last and he feels he needs to think about what that means for who he signs with. Angle also revealed he is on track to return to the ring in October. You can listen to the podcast at PodcastOne.com.

ProWrestling.net

Christ on a bike, those banners are horrific.

Speaking as a designer myself, I have absolutely no idea how they've ended up with that. If they were that desperate, I'm fairly confident that there are several people that are relatively proficient with Adobe CS and would produce some stuff for them for free.

I can only imagine Borash has been doing their graphics as they sacked their designers.

I am pretty sure that Lashley one was done either by a fan, or to pass off as a fan one. Although I guess that isn't the case with the knockouts one.

Also, as a note, they haven't sacked designers either. Or at least not all of them. I can only imagine they are using interns for some of the work.