The Angle stuff seems iffy to me. By all accounts he's turned his life around.

What accounts are they? It's been less than a year since he was in rehab with another DUI arrest and he's just had a pretty major knee surgery, which is a total landmine for someone who is widely rumoured to have had problems with painkillers over the years. Fair enough if there have been reports of Angle being a new person, but I haven't personally seen any.

Him being passed out on a plane isn't exactly death at the door. He's had a hundred other experiences more life threatening. WWE's account is always going to be biased too. Not saying he's not endangering his life, but this story doesn't seen like much.

So, this is a bit interesting. Apparently, Triple H started following Samoa Joe on Twitter (and Joe followed back). Triple H follows only 17 other Twitter accounts so it's kind of weird that he would follow Joe of all people.

EDIT - And now neither of them do.

Edited by pgi86

Is it even possible for Joe to get back into shape now, considering his heritage? When he joined TNA he was big but tough looking.

I did read that it was a culture thing, where Samoan have huge portions and use dinner as a way of spending time with each other. Kinda like having a full Sunday roast dinner every night. Origninally they would eat lots fish and fruits but with the introduction of more meat from western culture it is very easy for them to put weight on

• Paid Members
I did read that it was a culture thing, where Samoan have huge portions and use dinner as a way of spending time with each other. Kinda like having a full Sunday roast dinner every night. Origninally they would eat lots fish and fruits but with the introduction of more meat from western culture it is very easy for them to put weight on

Sounds like you did a dissertation on it at uni.

• Paid Members

I love Samoa Joe and would love to see him get a run in WWE, but surely his time has come and gone? He's 35 and those knees have been dodgy for years. Would love to see him on NXT tearing it up, though. He's an odd case. Always has been. Austin and Foley think he's dynamite and everyone on the roster worshipped him at one point when he was the king in 2005. Punk obviously surpassed him by a large margine, but in 2005 Joe was like the man. My Dad thought he was the business when he was killing guys on Impact. If he turned up with Heyman by his side and murdered Roman Reigns, that program would be mental for me.

That's if the old Joe is stil in there of course. He has the odd match which suggests he's just unmotivated and goes through the motions. If 2005/06 Joe is still around, he'd be amazing I reckon. They just signed Kevin Steen for fucks sake. And KENTA isnt much younger than Joe. Stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Just looking on the NXT roster page. There's some wanker with a rat face in that shit Road Warrior team who's 34. If he's still fucking about in developmental, surely Joe's not much of a problem to sign.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The problem for me is, if they were really interested they'd have signed him by now. He and Cena go way back and HHH surely was watching his tapes 10 years ago.

Funnily enough, I don't think he's past it as much as just unmotivated. If he had time to get some surgeries out the way, tone up and then got a decent WWE makeover, he could look pretty good. TNA introduced him perfectly so just copy that. Have him walk out on NXT as "much touted international star" Joe and squash the fuck out of people and we'd all be baying for his Raw debut.

It wasn't last night, I checked it. Looks like Triple H has unfollowed him now though.

And followed someone else in his place to get back up to 17?

No. It was Joe and 17 other people, not 17 including Joe.

Anyway, they've now both unfollowed each other. I guess, a logical assumption here would be that they followed each other for a bit so that they can exchange direct messages about something, whatever it may have been.

Edited by pgi86