As JNLister noted, there physically can't be 1200 people in the building due to the ring, as well as the stage TNA has set up.

Well you never said anything about configurations etc originally, you just said the capacity was 800, which isn't true.

BrJ2OYGIgAAIp7t.jpg

Well, they have sold seats on the stage which you won't get at a gig.

The Grand Ballroom at Manhattan Center Studios blends elegant ambiance with cutting edge modern technology. With a capacity of 1,200 for theater-style seating and 550 for seated dinners

I would estimate, if legitimately sold out. TNA drew around 1050-1100.

• Paid Members

I'll definitely be giving these tapings a watch. Its a different change of pace from what TNA is usually putting out. And it'll be cool to see Rhino back. Stunned to hear the Hardys vs the Dudleys is the first time they've worked since 2001. That's amazing to me.

• Paid Members
When was the last time a wrestling company (with an actual TV deal) taped stuff that far in advance? Early nineties WCW?

Probably. If TNA gets renewed, you could probably see this as their future. Wouldn't actually be the worst idea in the world. Doing half a years worth of tapings in a fornight at small halls (just not in New York because its costs loads) and rotating ex-WWE wrestlers in to keep it fresh. I'd probably watch them again if they did that. Carlito and Chris Masters for a bit, Luke Gallows and Rhino for a few weeks and shit like that. Maybe TNA's future is sacking off the idea of having contracted workers and just doing what Tommy Dreamer does with his House of Hardcore shows. Just stick people on TV who you've signed for a months work and stretch the tapings out for months. I think the days of fortnightly tapings and paying people a few hundred grand a year is done. Just keep it simple. They hit the wall a while ago anyway.

It doesn't really seem to make a big difference to their ratings though. Some of the pretaped shows with decent matches are getting healthy ratings so why not go for what must be the more cost effective option.

They've lost their arse on these tapings. Its cost hundreds of thousands to run New York. Its the most expensive market and they ask for an originality fee if you are taping. This isn't cost effective at all. Its a project to try and get them renewed by running in Spike's HQ. This is like a roll of the dice for them. Hence bringing in Matt Hardy, Devon, Dreamer and all those others. They've put a lot of money into these tapings in the hope it makes a difference.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'll definitely be giving these tapings a watch. Its a different change of pace from what TNA is usually putting out. And it'll be cool to see Rhino back. Stunned to hear the Hardys vs the Dudleys is the first time they've worked since 2001. That's amazing to me.

In a straight tag match possibly, but they were part of the four-congers elimination Tag Team Title match at WrestleMania X8 in 2002.

• Paid Members

The Dudleys actually dressed as the Dudleys for these shows, instead of the shitty t-shirts and trackie bottoms they wore for years in TNA. That's awesome! Surprised they actually fit Bully Ray these days. He's lost a load of weight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrMAgGPCAAE3cyg.jpg:large

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay