For entertainment value, and if they're picking 12, I think Grado has to be in there.

That might screw up a few things for him, depending on the dates. He's doing Fringe Festival shows with ICW, then has a mini U.S. tour arranged in September.

They're supposed to be filming in August, then taking the best 6 to film in the U.S. in September.

Might cause a few Brit promotions to have to rearrange their line ups for announced shows.

Borash was at PCW in May, scouting for U.K. talent.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

If TNA doesn't get re-signed, does that mean the winners get to find Borash a job in the UK instead?

You know what, that's the utterly baffling thing - they're continuing with business as usual, making deals like this, yet they still haven't re-signed with Spike.

10 weeks until their tv deal that keeps the company alive expires! Can't get my head around that.

It's going to be hard to stand out when there's twelve people jostling for TV time in the early going. Presumably it'll be a vote-off format and some personalities will emerge as the show goes on.

What is the deal with Chris Masters? Is he based in the UK these days?

He works on most Preston City Wrestling monthly shows and is very good friends with the owner. He's basically an International Talent Liaison of sorts and is responsible for helping to book many of the imports on the shows. He persuaded 2 of his best mates, MVP and Carlito to come over to work shows for PCW, neither of whom had ever worked any UK indies previously. He still lives in LA, but is basically over here (or in Europe, as he's worked some shows in Germany) usually for one weekend every month.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Good to see him getting so many bookings. Seems to be in that Matt Hardy, X-Pac and Tommy Dreamer catagory (although not in the same pay scale I'm guessing) of wrestlers who always get work on the indies. Good going for him really, because he wasn't the star on TV like they were in their primes. Masters seems to always be linked to these big tours to where ever. Morrison, Carlito and Masters must be doing decent.

I always wonder how Earthquake would be doing if he was still alive. Before the cancer, he was still a regular over here. And that was before the nostalgia fad kicked in (pre-2002). I imagine he'd be doing pretty well for himself. If I had a fed, I'd be booking him to sit on people during interview segments. Boss Man would be doing good, too.

EDIT: Just thinking, Earthquake vs Chris Masters would have been pretty great I think.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
He persuaded 2 of his best mates, MVP and Carlito to come over to work shows for PCW, neither of whom had ever worked any UK indies previously. He still lives in LA, but is basically over here (or in Europe, as he's worked some shows in Germany) usually for one weekend every month.

Carlito had been over for RevPro / IPW:UK before...

I'm with the consensus, though: Masters is great. I've gained so much more of an appreciation for him after seeing him on a regular basis in Preston the past couple of years.

I stand corrected on Carlito. MVP was definitely first time over here on a UK indy.

Masters is a pretty good wrestler these days. He always works really hard on the PCW shows and never phones it in, and has had some great matches with Kris Travis. He's also a really nice guy too and all the PCW guys like him. At this point he is genuinely seen as something of an honorary Brit. I know PowerButchi joked about it earlier, but that is actually how he's thought of by many. He's not really seen as an import on the PCW, because he's been on so many shows.

Edited by ClassicsGuy