Anyone else think it's strange that Bobby Roode has mysteriously disappeared for 2 weeks on TV? Although Aries has still been awesome on his own.

Not sure it's an injury lay-off in preparation for the PPV or what? Usually hear about this kind of thing though.

From F4W just now:

Issue with Bobby Roode for tomorrow's show

TNA people have been quiet but there is a contract issue with Bobby Roode and unless it is worked out today, Roode won't be appearing at the Lockdown PPV tomorrow.

Roode & Austin Aries are scheduled to defend the TNA tag titles against Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez and Christopher Daniels & Kazarian at the show at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

Roode hasn't been on a TNA show since Feb. 24, having missed the last two televisoni tapings. It became clear there was a problem since all the TNA talent was in San Antonio early for a fan fest today, and there was no sign of Roode. Nothing has been officially stated as to what was going on.

Those within the company would not say anything but it was confirmed to us that the rumors of a contract issue that dates back a few weeks are true and they are trying to work things out.

and from ProWrestling.net:

TNA Tag Team Champion Bobby Roode's contract recently expired, which is why he has not appeared on the Impact Wrestling television show since the UK tapings. Roode was not spotted at the fan interaction event on Saturday, leaving his status for Sunday's Lockdown pay-per-view in question. Roode and Austin Aries are scheduled to defend the tag titles against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, and Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez in a three-way tag match at the pay-per-view. [Thanks to Dot Net reader Charles K. for the fan interaction update]

Powell's POV: The talk in the locker room is that talent relations head Bruce Prichard mistakenly allowed Roode's contract to expire. One source stated that Roode actually had to bring it to the company's attention. If the locker room scuttlebutt is accurate, then it's a very embarrassing and potentially costly blunder by the talent relations department.

I'd love him to go to WWE. Nothing against TNA per se, I just think he deserves a shot. Maybe he'd make it, maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he'd have to start in NXT. He's a good wrestler though - at aged 36, this might be his last chance to go. If he signs a new multi-year TNA deal, that would probably be the end of his WWE chances. Sounds like Brother Love screwed up big time!

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

That's insane. I know mistakes like these happen, as we saw with WWE and Christian, but how does it happen with a main-event guy like Roode? Sure, he's not been so much the focus of the main storylines as he used to be, but he's still one of the most prominent people they have - it boggles the mind that someone with Pritchard's experience could make such a blunder.

I hope he does re-sign with TNA. I think he'd do well in WWE, but I think he still has a lot to do in TNA; I'm really liking this Power Trip-style tag-team he's got going with Aries, and it would be a massive glitch to not be able to have him appear as scheduled at Lockdown. Also, whilst TNA have been doing better recently, it's a setback they really don't need.

Wow. That really is shocking.

I hope he stays with TNA but could totally understand if he doesn't. Doesn't look like they have treated him well at all. Really don't want him to go to WWE for some reason and im really liking the whole power trip thing with him and Aries.

Although it's gotta be said even though im a huge fan of Roode it would be pretty awesome to see Aries go out there and defend the titles himself and win.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I love seeing Roode on Impact every week, he's my favourite wrestler. On the other hand, I think he deserves a run up north, as he's got everything they look for and it better than the majority of their current roster. He's 36 (that crept up fast!) and hugely experienced, so he's a perfect age, but as people have said, if he goes another 4 years with TNA then he might be too old for WWE.

If I was him, I'd be looking for a really good contract with WWE though. Not some "go to NXT" style deal, but a proper coming-in-at-the-top deal, the sort of thing WCW guys used to get when they arrived. There's no way he should have to prove himself, he already has done.

Isn't Trips a bit of a fan or have I completely made that up?

He should be. In the best possible way, Roode is a bit of HHH tribute. Come on Trips, make it happen!

Edited by Loki

I can't believe a mishap like this has happened, he's the longest reigning TNA champion for goodness sake, he successfully defended his title against Sting at their biggest attended show last year...he's not just Kazarian or Eric Young. Hopefully he signs a new deal as he is one of TNA's most valuable assets and it's a shame that he is out of the title picture as he was flourishing last year...as others have said, his work with Aries is pretty entertaining though.

If he had interest from WWE, it'd surely be a good move for him. He's the real deal right now and is more ready for TV than the likes of Wade Barrett and Sheamus were when they debuted, plus with the likes of El Generico and Chris Hero in developmental; he'd stand out by a mile as a star. The more demanding schedule wouldn't be more appealing to a family man though if he was offered a good contract by TNA though I'd imagine.

Edit:- Alex Shelley is wishing him luck and saying he deserves to make millions of $$$$$ on twitter. Hmmmm.

Edited by thesimonbegz

Interesting Twitter comments from Alex Shelley this morning:

Alex Shelley ‏@fakekinkade

@REALBobbyRoode is the man, and an awesome friend/fellow Probert fan. Deserves to make millions of dollars; one of the best I have wrestled.

The only place you make 'millions of dollars' (or close to that) these days is WWE.

EDIT: Sorry thesimonbegz, only just saw you mentioned this.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Shelley is only saying that he deserves to make millions because he's awesome. I wouldn't look too deep into it.

Personally I think Roode should go to WWE if he can. Even if he's not a super success story he'll still make more money than he will in TNA. And if he did go to WWE he probably would be a success story. He's got all the tools they want and has the experience to just go out there and get shit done from day one.

If I was him, I'd be looking for a really good contract with WWE though. Not some "go to NXT" style deal, but a proper coming-in-at-the-top deal, the sort of thing WCW guys used to get when they arrived. There's no way he should have to prove himself, he already has done.

A wrestler coming into WWE from TNA doesn't even come near to comparing to a wrestler coming in from WCW, unless it's a TNA wrestler who actually worked for WCW in the main events. TNA has nowhere near the status that WCW had, which is why WWE creative might think that Roode hasn't proven himself. Certainly not at the top level of wrestling, although he has gone toe to toe with genuine top-level talents like Sting, Angle and Hardy. That must count for something. But a better example for Roode's debut might be Alberto Del Rio. A guy who didn't have any name value to WWE fans, but that management had faith in and he came in with a strong, confident push right at the top. If they do sign Roode, they should do the same thing. He's probably a couple of years too old to come in as a midcarder and hang around for ages,

Edited by King Pitcos

That's a good example - Del Rio would be a good sort of push to have. I was thinking of someone like Benoit or Mysterio in terms of WCW guys - a recognition of their profile and history, rather than inventing from scratch, new gimmick.

I'm not saying he'd be main eventing against HHH straight away, but a "he'a a big deal" sort of introduction is what he deserves. If he was offered a Braden Walker package he'd be best served getting a fat new TNA deal.

I can't see him going anywhere, and I hope he doesn't either. He's absolutely brilliant in TNA, easily the best top guy they've had in some time, possibly ever. If he went to WWE I think he'd flounder in the Wade Barrett role where they clearly want to push him, but have nothing for him.

He does deserve to make millions of dollars, but I doubt he's on peanuts in TNA.