With a $275k downside, I wonder how much he actually makes in a year?

It's not bad, if that's true. He should renegotiate into the 300s, but would WWE pay him that much more? The potential is obviously higher, but their midcarders aren't that much better paid are they?

Anderson is sitting pretty for doing fuck all there, isn't he? Morgan as well, I reckon his new contract is much less than that.

• Paid Members
Wow. That really is shocking.

I hope he stays with TNA but could totally understand if he doesn't. Doesn't look like they have treated him well at all. Really don't want him to go to WWE for some reason and im really liking the whole power trip thing with him and Aries.

Although it's gotta be said even though im a huge fan of Roode it would be pretty awesome to see Aries go out there and defend the titles himself and win.

I agree with the rest of your post, but aside from the contract mistake, I think that is incorrect. He's been pushed massively as one of their main players, been given the longest TNA title run ever (even if you count the Jarrett's NWA title, the fact is they made a massive deal on-screen about it and put him over with it), been given victories over Sting, Hardy, RVD and Anderson (when Anderson was still being pushed). He's never been far away from the title scene, and any non-title feuds he has had have been given a lot of prominence. TNA have made a big deal out of him.

I was more meaning that he hasn't been treated well in this instance, not overall in his history with the company. If the reports are true, it's an absolute joke that they've let one of their top stars contract expire and not even known about it! Plus, he's been off TV for 2 weeks and could be set to miss one of the biggest PPV's the company has. Which begs the question what have they really been doing to try and sort the situation out?

This type situation would never of happened to someone like Hardy or Angle.

Edited by Ross18

• Paid Members
I was more meaning that he hasn't been treated well in this instance, not overall in his history with the company. If the reports are true, it's an absolute joke that they've let one of their top stars contract expire and not even known about it! Plus, he's been off TV for 2 weeks and could be set to miss one of the biggest PPV's the company has. Which begs the question what have they really been doing to try and sort the situation out?

This type situation would never of happened to someone like Hardy or Angle.

Well, we can only hope they're negotiating their arses off. They can't afford to lose a home-grown main-eventer to WWE - it'd be devastating for locker-room morale amongst their non-WWE guys. Their main-event in general is made up of mostly ex-WWE guys at the latter ends of their careers, barring Storm, Styles, Roode and Aries. Thankfully Magnus is coming up, Joe is being surprisingly well re-habbed and Bully Ray is more likely to stick around as TNA's the only place he's ever main-evented, but given how much they've invested in Roode, it would be a massive waste to let him go.

It's not bad, if that's true. He should renegotiate into the 300s, but would WWE pay him that much more? The potential is obviously higher, but their midcarders aren't that much better paid are they?

A spot on a WWE game and decent merch sales would probably make a big difference to his wage if he were to sign with them.

In other TNA news: Awesome Kong, Angelina Love and Traci Brooks have all mentioned on Twitter that they turned down offers to work the Knockouts One Night Only PPV special. Bummer. Would've been cool to have all 3 back for one night.

EDIT - Roxxi turned their offer down too.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

He should definitely look to WWE and he should definitely make it clear to TNA there's interest from both sides on the WWE front if there is. Either way he's been gifted with an opportunity here to potentially make a much tidier living for himself and at a crucial time in his career. Good for him that this has happened, I'm pretty chuffed about it. If he gets an offer he's happy with from WWE he should definitely go for it, he could do well. And Rock loves his work apparently doesn't he? That's got to work in his favour you'd think.

He should definitely look to WWE and he should definitely make it clear to TNA there's interest from both sides on the WWE front if there is. Either way he's been gifted with an opportunity here to potentially make a much tidier living for himself and at a crucial time in his career. Good for him that this has happened, I'm pretty chuffed about it. If he gets an offer he's happy with from WWE he should definitely go for it, he could do well. And Rock loves his work apparently doesn't he? That's got to work in his favour you'd think.

That's how I see things.

I love him in TNA and it will be a shame to lose him, in particular the partnership with A Double which is great, but I want the bloke to do well for himself and WWE is the best place for that. A move to WWE would almost certainly make him more money in the long run, even if TNA offer him a sweet deal to stay. TNA might be the number two promotion but there are still plenty of fans who know nothing outside of WWE, so Roode would be upping his stock just by having a run there, even if he doesn't make big waves. The video game and merch point has already been raised. The only way his stock would fall is if they seriously screwed him with a shite gimmick, but that's highly unlikely.

WWE could do with some great, talented heels too. The sudden push of Swagger shows that.

I recall recently reading that there were people on the WWE writing team who were big fans of the stuff Roode and Aries were doing, so hopefully the company is well aware of just how good the bloke is.

He'll probably turn up at the PPV tonight, and that will be the end of it. Still, it's nice to have the potential for a reasonably big name jump for a change. I miss those great days during the Monday Night War.

In other TNA news: Awesome Kong, Angelina Love and Traci Brooks have all mentioned on Twitter that they turned down offers to work the Knockouts One Night Only PPV special. Bummer. Would've been cool to have all 3 back for one night.

If they are telling the truth that is hardly a surprise since I'm guessing that a one night deal with TNA is probably not worth the effort unless you are already a big deal or there is a good chance of getting a longer term deal out of it.

EDIT

As for the Roode situation what an amature mistake on TNA's part.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Via PWInsider:

"Bobby Roode is in San Antonio, TX. He and TNA have worked out the contract issues and he will be working tonight's PPV. We have been told his contact expiring was Bruce Prichard's fault, but the situation has been rectified. "