TNA have changed some of the themes for their One Night Only PPV specials that are being taped in a couple of weeks in Orlando. The new line-up:

TNA Knockout Knockdown: TNA Crowns the true “Queen” of TNA

TNA 10 Reunion: Celebration of the stars from the first 10 years of TNA all competing in the squared circle

TNA Tag Team Tournament: TNA determines the greatest TNA Tag Team in TNA history

TNA World Cup of Wrestling: Teams of wrestlers from around the globe compete in Heavyweight, X Division, Tag Team Division and Knockout Division matches

TNA Hardcore Justice 2: Hardcore rules for the stars of Hardcore wrestling

TNA Heavyweight Title Tournament: The top World Champions in TNA history battle to determine the greatest of all time

Basically, they've made a couple of the PPVs less gimmicky and have replaced two of the international tournament PPVs.

Edited by pgi86

• Moderators

Because whenever TNA ever calls in anyone for a one shot it's always fucking Raven or bastard Shane Douglas and I die a little more inside. Raven's going to weasel his fat, overrated, shit haired self onto at least one of those.

If not more than one. I can see him being on Hardcore AND the Heavyweight title tournament.

I wonder who's coming in for the latter actually - Jarrett, Raven, Rhyno... everyone else is either current in TNA or working for WWE.

I'm guessing the knockouts, tag and world title tournaments will all be 8-entries tournaments (so that would be 7 matches altogether on each PPV). That would make the most sense, at least. They've got enough former world champions on the current roster to where they don't really need to bring in other wrestlers for that tournament. The same goes for the knockouts tournament - they can do it without using outside talent. For the tag teams, however, they might have to bring in some outside talent. Hopefully one-night-only LAX, MCMG, Beer Money (or AMW), Team 3D and British Invasion reunions are in the plans. That'd be fun.

To me these changes in the themes are a clear indication that they couldn't secure enough international talent [in time] for these shows, which is a damn shame. I was quite looking forward to watching the three international tournament PPVs they had planned and now it's down to only one.

Btw, in other TNA news, at last night's OVW TV tapings it was announced that OVW owner Danny Davis is indeed replacing Taz as one of the Gut Check judges tonight. Also, Jay Bradley (the last Gut Check winner) worked the TV tapings and it's looking like he'll be in OVW for a while at least since he started a feud with one of the OVW regulars.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
Watching the Extreme Rising promotion, Jay Bradley looks like a future major player to me. Despite looking like Johnny Curtis a bit.

He looked great in his Gut Check match. Nowhere near the same physique as the guy he was facing (whose name I can't remember, which says a lot), but still looked rough and bad-ass. Great entrance look too - looked slightly prison-yard/just got out of jail with the ripped black shirt, unshaven face and bad-guy swagger. When they announced that his Boom-Stick finisher was a lariat, I rolled my eyes a bit, but when a lariat's done well, it looks fucking brilliant, and his was top-notch; looked like he took the other guy's head off (I know that a lot of that is down to his opponent, though).

He seems to "get it". He got a lot of heat from the crowd, he was solid on the mike, worked an entertaining match as a heel, and, if he debuts full-time on TNA screens before the storyline's finished, could be a great recruit for Aces & Eights, as he fits that look to a tee. I think he's been the best Gut Check guy they've had so far - Brisco's not really a GC guy as he was always pencilled in to be on the roster (and he's a little shaky in places), Joey Ryan's good but has shown areas where he's not 100% solid, York has a great look but can be ridiculously sloppy and momentum-killing, and the rest are all very "meh" (although Ivelisse Velez and Lei'd Tapa did pique the interest a little).

I think I semi'd over him on here when he did his gutcheck, and totally agree. Lad looks tasty. TNA have hopefully snatched one from under WWE's nose there.

Call me silly, but I can see him tagging with James Storm at the point that they give up on Storm's singles push. Again.

Its interesting that it was reckoned AAA would be sending over Evans and Hart when Konnan has said they're sending over a heavyweight, a tag team and a woman. Hart's not as closely affiliated to AAA as Evans had been and they're not a tag team in AAA (they were rivals last) and obviously neither's a heavyweight or a woman, probably.

Anyone else think it's strange that Bobby Roode has mysteriously disappeared for 2 weeks on TV? Although Aries has still been awesome on his own.

Not sure it's an injury lay-off in preparation for the PPV or what? Usually hear about this kind of thing though.